SUSP : rear disc conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really should do this.
    Maybe after I get my rims and new tires mounted...
    Bump for a good DIY.
    (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
    Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
    My (old) Ride

Comment

I finally did my rear disc conversion. I did 4 projects in one since my car was gonna sit on the lift for a while. So I did a SS 2.5 exhaust with a header to muffler and I did a sus drop to 3 inches with AGx's and Tenz coilovers. Since my exhaust was off and my shocks where taken out I decided to do the rear drum to rear discs as well. I must say the most annoying part was the removal of the heat shields since most of the bolts was so rusted. Other then that it was a very very easy straight forward exchange. You must have a cordless impac gun. I really didnt car if the bolts broke since I cut the bottom shock bolts anyhow with new bolts on hand. I did motor mount inserts except for the front which I am waiting to buy from a Cb7tuner member and finally put my VC on

O yeah I had to change my Oil sensor since my oil light kicked in to ruin my weekend of work. You can see the little box on the ground
      WHY ARE HURRICANES NAMED AFTER WOMEN? CUZ WHEN THEY CUM , THEY ARE WET AND WILD AND WHEN THEY LEAVE... THEY TAKE YOUR HOUSE, YOUR CAR AND YOUR MONEY....!

Comment

Question

I got a 96 (CD) Complette rear end for free so i swaped it. The only ploblem i am having is the brakes go to the floor i blead all the brakes and it still goes to the floor. And comments world be useful.
        da9b16 is a great seller very quick shipping and great parts

Comment

the obvious answer is that you have a leak on a line somewhere. check to make sure you didn't leave a bleeder valve open. also make sure your brake lines are attached correctly. when i did my swap my master cylinder took a crap so it may also be that. keep checking for leaks and get back to us.
          1cor10:31
          - 92 LX coupe
          - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

no leaks, master cylinder new (honda), ss flex lines, new front and rear pads (honda), new front calipers (honda). Still low brake!! I even power blead the brakes still low .

Comment

can you tell me your method to bleeding the brakes? when doing the entire system you have to start from the wheel furthest from the master cylinder. then work you way towards the closest one.
              1cor10:31
              - 92 LX coupe
              - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

I have a power bleader and yes i start at the passenger rear tire then the driver rear, passenger front, driver front

Comment

what are all the parts that Ill need for doing this conversion?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                  01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                  93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                  93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

i need to do this swap asap...

Comment

i have the parts just sitting there in my room
                      i need to make sure i have all the parts
                      so i can do this swap soon
                      H22 fund = 3000 hopefully soon My Member's Ride Thread

Canon XTI | 28-135mm IS USM | 18-55mm kit lens | 50mm 1.8 II

Comment

Im in the process of doing this swap I have the driver's side suspension off...but my schedule has been preventing me from finishing up...so my rear end is just "floating" there in my driveway...lol...It is fairly easy...especially if you have an impact wrench...my only concern is the e-brake cables...does anyone have any pictures of the underside of the tranny tunnel and what the e-brake braket looks like and how to remove it? I know that I will be able to do it once I see it...but I want to be prepared...thanks.
                        My Ongoing CB7 Project

Comment

TimmyOTool: If you don't mind, could you possibly post pictures of everything you installed, including the sway bar so we know what to look for, and also of the brake lines, I would GREATLY appreciate it.
                          I found a set at my junkyard, but am unsure as to what I need to get. They are just sitting next to the car and I really want them bad. Let me know
                          (RIP)1993 LX Sedan

My (old) Ride

Comment

Well, Im not timmytool but I'll be willing to help since I went to a junkyard and did the same thing. Basically you need to grab the rear knuckles, that is what has the spindles on them so the brake rotates. Also, the trailing arms which mount the knuckles under the car. If you want you could take the upper control arms and install them on your car. Thats the bar that is hanging from the balljoint. You should already have them though. Make sure the system comes with calipers too. Along with this, there are brake lines that you'll need. Keep your brake lines and grab the emergency brake lines that come attached on the knuckles. Other than that make sure the disc's spin and the lines look good. Sorry for no pics but I hope this helps atleast a little.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by LinX
                              Well, Im not timmytool but I'll be willing to help since I went to a junkyard and did the same thing. Basically you need to grab the rear knuckles, that is what has the spindles on them so the brake rotates. Also, the trailing arms which mount the knuckles under the car. If you want you could take the upper control arms and install them on your car. Thats the bar that is hanging from the balljoint. You should already have them though. Make sure the system comes with calipers too. Along with this, there are brake lines that you'll need. Keep your brake lines and grab the emergency brake lines that come attached on the knuckles. Other than that make sure the disc's spin and the lines look good. Sorry for no pics but I hope this helps atleast a little.
                              Most certainly does.
                              But I do need to know what the swaybar looks like.
                              Also the car I am looking at has them off on the ground next to frame and chassis, so IDK if I can get to the lines and If I wanted the bigger BMC it's gone b/c this junkyard pulls all their engines (all of the junkyards around me do.) So basically I need the pics in order to just go up to the front desk and say I want this and how much.
                              If any one has some, please either post them here or PM them to me. I test drove a new 6-speed V6 Accord and man those disks are something I envy.
                              I really want to do this soon along with an H22 swap, which i am getting quotes for.
                              Thanks again
                              (RIP)1993 LX Sedan

My (old) Ride

Comment

If you're talkin about the stock rear sway bar, then you gotta make sure you grab some knuckles that have the accomodations for them. Aftermarket sway bars like 'suspension techniques' have a different mounting location so it wouldn't matter.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Working...
                                X