Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22b1 vtec performance headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22b1 vtec performance headers?

Hey I wana kno if tha f22b1 vtec engine has headers like tri-y or obx headers? I cant seem to find any anywhere i just want to kno if they even have any

Ol' Skool FTW!

tri-y is simply another term for a 4-2-1 header. It is not a brand.
    OBX is a knockoff "ebay" brand... they make headers that are basically copies of the DC Sports design.

There are plenty of header options available, especially if you're only interested in the cheap crap that won't give you more than 5hp. The F22B1 isn't really the best choice for performance anyway... The F22A that comes stock in the CB is a much better peformance motor, to be honest.

Comment

oh really? so if i build my stock f22a i can get more power than than i would off a f22b1? the thing is im new to all of this and i would like vtec, but if u recommend something else for me to build a sohc it'll be greatly appreciated
      Ol' Skool FTW!

Comment

The F22B1's VTEC is not really performance oriented as say an H22A. However, it is better than the VTEC profile you would get on an F23A. Before you start slapping on crappy parts, I would recommend actually writing down a plan and then sticking with it, which can be the hard part.
        '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
        If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

thanx for tha tip i have decided to keep my engine and just rebuilding it...so what are decent headers for the f22a1? better than dc sport
          Ol' Skool FTW!

Comment

They're pretty much all the same until you buy a bisimoto header. The DC isn't going to get you much more power than the a4 exhaust manifold, to be honest.

Comment

All the kids want VTEC, and assume the POS F22B1 is a worthwhile swap... at least you weren't looking to do a headswap!

But yes, the F22A has limited performance options. Until recently, nobody really gave it a chance N/A. Bisimoto is pretty much the reason everyone knows its potential, and the Bisimoto header is the only one that will REALLY make power. It made 27whp on a bone-stock F22A1, untuned. Of course, it costs more than what half the kids are paying for their CB7s these days. You have to pay for the best... or you can throw a few bucks at your car here and there and see minimal gains.

Comment

ok now i tried to find the headers, but it seems like its turbo headers, and i want to keep it N/A and the bisimoto website doesn't tell me im buying headers this is all i can find http://bisimoto.com/store/index.php?......assistance?
                Ol' Skool FTW!

Comment

You only have one header on an inline four.

What you are looking at there is the prototype design. This is the link for the actual header. http://bisimoto.com/store/index.php?...roducts_id=367
                  It's not a generic design. Special consideration is taken for your particular build. That's why it's not just "send us money and we'll ship you a header". You order it, you provide your specs, and they build it. That's how REAL custom headers are made... not just off-the-shelf crap.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    All the kids want VTEC,

It made 27whp on a bone-stock F22A1, untuned
                    I do too!!!!!!!

Where do you get 27whp?
                    Even on the Bisi site it only says 17 for the production model. Is the prototype super secretly awesome?
                    http://bisimoto.com/store/index.php?..._9_103_105_109
                    MRT
                    37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                    30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                    27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                    Originally posted by Tippey764
                    I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    sneaky motherfucker

Comment

"over 17whp"... and that's showing it for the F22Ax and H23A. The H series seems to gain less, since the H series heads flow better in stock form.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143273

Comment

oooh shit, good looks, ima have to settle for dc headers then cause $800 is a little out of my budget range
                        Ol' Skool FTW!

Comment

Yeah, that's what everyone says. They'd rather spend $400 on 5hp than $800 on 30hp. I don't get it, but it seems to be how things are done around here.

Do you live in CA (I'm sorry, I don't know what that area code is in your location, so i have to waste my time asking this question.) If so, then you'll need DC's CARB exempt status, which is why they cost more than cheapie headers. If you are not in CA, then you could spend $50 on ebay and get the same level of performance as the DC header, with slightly worse build quality.

Just one question: what are you going to do with the other DC headers once you install the DC header that will fit on your engine?

Comment

Working...
                          X