Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ride comfort after rims.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your current tire size?

try using this tire size calculator: http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp

195/60R15 (stock 15" tire size) have a 4.6" sidewall.

185/70R14 (stock 14" tire size) have a 5.1" sidewall....

What you really want is an overall diameter of about 24.2 inches.
    Last edited by mtnbikaah; 02-26-2013, 05:57 PM.
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by mugencivic4dr View Post
      depends on the width and offset of the wheel. it the 92's your getting are 6in wide with +35 offset and with 205/55/15 tires, i wouldnt stick out much or at all. you may get the affect you're looking for with 7in wide and +35 offset wheels
      As long as I am able to fully retain the great turn radius that I have right now, I will be a happy camper. But I heard that messing around with the offset may affect the turn radius...is that true?

"There are only two types of people in this world... Those who run & win, and those who sit at the sidelines & watch the winners pass them by."

My YouTube Channel! - There's more videos here!
      Check 'em out, hit LIKE, or even better, stay updated with more vids when you SUBSCRIBE, including vids of my JDM H23A swap!

Comment

Since those wheels are wider then our stock wheels, you'll want a slightly wider tire to keep from having to stretch them on. On stock 15 inch wheels we had 195/60 -15 tires. On those wheels tires of 215/55 -15 or 235/50 -15 would be best. They are about as close as you can get to stock diameter (so your speedo wont change) without having to stretch the tire too much to get them over the wider wheel. The stock tire is close to 2 inches wider at the tread then the wheel, the 235/50 has close to 2 inch wider tread compared to the wheels you want, so the look of the sidewall when mounted and the car on the ground should be about same as stock.
        Last edited by Shadow1992; 02-26-2013, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1992 View Post
          Since those wheels are wider then our stock wheels, you'll want a slightly wider tire to keep from having to stretch them on. On stock 15 inch wheels we had 195/60 -15 tires. On those wheels tires of 215/55 -15 or 235/50 -15 would be best. They are about as close as you can get to stock diameter (so your speedo wont change) without having to stretch the tire too much to get them over the wider wheel. The stock tire is close to 2 inches wider at the tread then the wheel, the 235/50 has close to 2 inch wider tread compared to the wheels you want, so the look of the sidewall when mounted and the car on the ground should be about same as stock.
          Considering they dont even make a 235/50/15 tire it is a bad idea either way, the recommended tire for these rims is a 195/60/15 per tire rack and anyone else, also a 205/55/15 would work just fine but will probably cost more per tire.

iamninja28 you need to find out the tire size, 2" doesnt mean anything in sizing tires.

Comment

Originally posted by iamninja28 View Post
            i appreciate all the help, but since its becoming a bit dim what im looking for, ill restate it.

I need to make sure my 15" Enkei classica wont mess up my ride too much, with 2" Yokohama tires, it totals to 17", same as the current setup. I just need to make sure this rim/tire combo wont offset my spedo or ride comfort. And at worst rub the wheel well.

But from what it sounds i dont have to worry about tires rubbing. So the spedometer is my top worry.

(being only 17 i dont like burning $1100 unless i know it will work.)
            Looks like from tire rack with some Yokohama tires its like $971 shipped to my door and mounted and balanced, might want to consider that.

Comment

When i had my old H2A5 trans I was 3 mph slower than the 70 indicated on the dash with the 205/55-15 compared to stock 185/70-14 on my LX coupe (GPS verified).
              1993 Accord LX Coupe 5spd

Comment

My speedo is off 5 mph...rides fine to me, everyone that drives it says it righe good. I do feel the bumps a bit more, and have to be careful for big pot holes...but have no rubbing issues...I run 225/35's on my 20's.....daily driver. Will lower it soon, if it runs a bit...oh well..if it runs alot, I'll sell the 20's......I got a set of 18's I got my eyes on

20x7.5 +42 offset is my current set up, and I have under 2000 miles on the entire suspension....every bushing, boot, ball joint...and even the power steering rack is new...not from the 20's, but because it was a 21 year old car when I got it
                Last edited by Soufkackicustom; 02-27-2013, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sordz View Post
                  Looks like from tire rack with some Yokohama tires its like $971 shipped to my door and mounted and balanced, might want to consider that.
                  They shop im using is doing a lot of underbody work as well with the rims and tires, im getting balance, rotation, some engine work, and heavy detailing to get her looking new again for the new rims. He's charging me $1100 for a $1600 job since its being done at a more professional shop.

Comment

So the spedometer is my top worry.
                    Seriously? Like already said, regardless of what rim you decide the speedometer will be affected minimally. I'm pretty sure you can eyeball your speed pretty acurately, and if you can't then you need to just stick with your punk ass stock 14" steelies.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
                      and if you can't then you need to just stick with your punk ass stock 14" steelies.
                      Well one, i found an adapter to help adjust it, and 2, if your going to be a dick about someone trying to get a job done right, do it outside of my thread.

Comment

Well one, i found an adapter to help adjust it, and 2, if your going to be a dick about someone trying to get a job done right, do it outside of my thread.
                        Whenever you get through with the bloodclot crying, get what job done right you're asking about rims and speedometers. Secondly, if you found an adapter then the speedometer issue isn't an issue then is it?

Wasn't nobody being a dick. Don't get mad at me because you can't tell how fast or slow you're going and need an adapter to adjust a little ho ass 5 or so mph...

Comment

Your of no help to me, this site is designed to help people mod and tune their cars, not act like a hard ass and try to proclaim that your all righteous here.

i was given the adapter by a friend who had a spare from when he got rims on his mustang.

If your not answering questions, please stop posting here.

Comment

Your of no help to me, this site is designed to help people mod and tune their cars, not act like a hard ass and try to proclaim that your all righteous here.

i was given the adapter by a friend who had a spare from when he got rims on his mustang.

If your not answering questions, please stop posting here.
                            If you got the correct sized tire, then you wouldn't have to worry about the difference in the speedometer because there wouldn't be one.

Comment

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
                              If you got the correct sized tire, then you wouldn't have to worry about the difference in the speedometer because there wouldn't be one.
                              i did some work and research as this thread was answered, i found weeks that fit, widen, and wont rub. And now my spedometer issues are solved.

Thanks to everyone here who was helpful, i should have pics up as soon as i go get them done.

Comment

this site is designed to help people mod and tune their cars, not act like a hard ass and try to proclaim that your all righteous here.
                                OK well too bad nobody was acting like a hardass or making any righteous proclaimations... Just telling shit like it is.
                                i did some work and research as this thread was answered, i found weeks that fit, widen, and wont rub. And now my spedometer issues are solved.
                                Well there you go then bro good for you! Glad you got your shit together!

Comment

Working...
                                X