Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Auto to 5 speed swap wiring questions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm in the middle of swappin my auto to stick shifit too. i got everything except for a transmission. im savin up to get one. but hey. when i swap that ecu for a manual ecu i noticed that there's another box next to my auto ecu. but when i pull the ecu at the junk yard. der wasnt any.. maybe sum1 took the part from the manual?? but when i took out the ecu from the junk yard it seem like it was untouch. it's called a TCU i found out. is it useful for the stick shift tranny? or should i get rid of it?
    DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

keep it just unplug it. and so far no luck with my cruise controll idea but I havent givin up yet.
      spin city

Comment

hey guys i just want to make sure of this is it true i only need the passanger side axel to do the 5 swap cause i was told that the driver side fits good its just that the passanger is either to short or to long???????

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
        "2SIIC"
        Authentic Jerseys for sale
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

you will need the intermediate shaft and drivers side axle.
          spin city

Comment

get dem driver side shaft and the intermediate shaft. u dun want no problems. get em brand new at discount auto part they go real low like 28 bucks with warranty i think.
            DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

yea i might as well do all that cause i dont wnt to have no problems when im doing the swap

"2SIIC"

Comment

Shift lock solenoid

Does the shift lock solenoid have to be removed from the ignition when you swap from auto to 5speed?
                H22-T FTW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jDmacCordh22a
                  Does the shift lock solenoid have to be removed from the ignition when you swap from auto to 5speed?
                  the shift lock solenoid isnt part of the ignition, thats the thing that makes the shifter get stuck in park unless the car is on, or u push the key in the slot. this is attached to the auto shifter and gets removed. youre thinking of the ignition lock or whatever? splicing the wires and tricking it to think its in park will make it release the key, so no other mods need to be done.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                  - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                  - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                  - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                  - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                  Current cars:
                  - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                  - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                    whats up man... theres two ways you can do it... the simple make-it-work way, or the "proper" way... if you dont have to deal with actual vehicle inspections, you could get away without dealing with hooking up a relay as a neutral safety switch. there are three things you need to deal with:

#1. making the car think that the shifter is in park
                    when you removed the auto shifter, u disconnected a big grey plug. snip the black and green/white wires and connect them together. in the picture, i had cut the matching reverse harness off of the shifter, leaving enough wire to splice to.

#2. hooking up the reverse lights
                    on top of the tranny is a reverse lights switch, it has a yellow and a green/black wire. they need to be connected directly to the wires of the same color on the shifter connector. agian, in the picture you can see two black wires coming from the right gegtting spliced in. they run through a hole in the firewall and connect to the wires on top of the transmission.

#3. neutral safety switch
                    there was a brown 2-pin connector that went to the old shifter. the easy way to do it is cut the connector off and splice the two thick wires together (solder them!). or if you need to do it the "right" way to pass inspection, follow the diagram below. the "switch on clutch pedal" is the switch that gets pressed when the pedal is put all the way to the floor.

[img]http://www.****.com/pics/auto_to_manual/shifterplug.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.****.com/pics/neutral_switch.gif[/img]
                    To use the auto cruise control unit, just hook up the pink wire at the auto shifter connector to the cruise control clutch switch located at the top of the clutch pedal, note, there are 2 switch there, one for the motor, and one for the cruise control. The other side of the cruise control clutch switch goes to ground! So again, just run the pink wire from the auto shifter connector to one side of the cruise control clutch switch and the other side of the switch to ground. You will have to get your own plug if you dont already have one for the cruise control clutch switch. ONce done, it should work normally. I did that on my 90 prelude, works wonder, just as original. It will work perfectly. Thats how u hookem up for the cruise. No need to get the 5sp cruise control unit. They are the same, only differense is that the pink wire went to the shifter control assebly switch on the auto and on the manual it went to the clutch pedal. If you guys only have 1 switch at the clutch pedal, then you will want to use it for the cc. You will just have to wire the starter wires to gether and bypass the clutch starter switch, unless you dont want cc. Well, hope that help.

Comment

hey thats tight i guess ill be able to keep my cruise control then

"2SIIC"

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp
                        why dosent it work? does anyone know that? I thought it just looked at speed and adjusted the throttle accordingly. Does it know the car is in park? maby it can be tricked to think everything is a ok. anyone have somehting to show what wire is what with the cc computer?

the manual and auto cc unit is the same thing. Except the pink wire went to the auto gear selector assembly switch and the manual went to the clutch cc switch.

Comment

hey guys what the most difficult part of the swap??? i heard that running the clutch line to the tranny was kind of a bitch

"2SIIC"

Comment

Originally posted by Caution
                            the manual and auto cc unit is the same thing. Except the pink wire went to the auto gear selector assembly switch and the manual went to the clutch cc switch.
                            awesome... thank you for the clarification!!!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                            Current cars:
                            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                              awesome... thank you for the clarification!!!
                              I know this cuss I study the dam wiring diagram for hours and hours and did the swap on my prelude and wire it like that and my gosh it works, i was surprise too!

Comment

Originally posted by Davids92Accord
                                hey guys what the most difficult part of the swap??? i heard that running the clutch line to the tranny was kind of a bitch
                                I think its the pedal assembly, cuss you gotta drop down the steering wheel colum and stuff, its tight, dark, dirty and dusty up in that dash.!

Comment

Working...
                                X