Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my gas gauge is not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my gas gauge is not working properly

so my gas gauge is not working properly i put 10 dollar on my car and the needle wont move at all what can be the problem do i need a new cluster ? and another question even if my needle is not working properly should my reserve light should turn on ? help me out because i dont wanna get stuck somewhere because i dont have any gas left

Originally posted by Ramx View Post
    so my gas gauge is not working properly i put 10 dollar on my car and the needle wont move at all what can be the problem do i need a new cluster ? and another question even if my needle is not working properly should my reserve light should turn on ? help me out because i dont wanna get stuck somewhere because i dont have any gas left
    start by putting more than just 10bux in the tank at a time. that way you know you have a significant amount of fuel in the tank. if my car is really low. 10 bux wont even move the needle.

if the gauge still fails to work then you could have a bad sending unit or a bad gauge.

i would think that the reserve light should still function if the gauge is bad. if the sender was bad i dont think it would work. but its possible that the reserve light bulb has blown too.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

i had a very similar problem. i put in about 5 gallons of gas and the meter didnt even move. so i knew i had enough to drive down to the gas station i filled it up full tank and it was about 35 bucks. (use 92 because i have a h22)my meter went up with no problem. hope yours will do the same.

Comment

usually, it the Fuel Sending Unit. there's a way to test it using an ohmmeter in the hanyes manual. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by H22Artman View Post
          start by putting more than just 10bux in the tank at a time. that way you know you have a significant amount of fuel in the tank. if my car is really low. 10 bux wont even move the needle.

if the gauge still fails to work then you could have a bad sending unit or a bad gauge.

i would think that the reserve light should still function if the gauge is bad. if the sender was bad i dont think it would work. but its possible that the reserve light bulb has blown too.
          i put more than 10 and it goes crazy it likes go half way then fills back up and on this car i had only seen my reserve light come on once

Originally posted by Drifting in 808 View Post
          i had a very similar problem. i put in about 5 gallons of gas and the meter didnt even move. so i knew i had enough to drive down to the gas station i filled it up full tank and it was about 35 bucks. (use 92 because i have a h22)my meter went up with no problem. hope yours will do the same.
          it goes up but it goes crazy
          Originally posted by TypeG View Post
          usually, it the Fuel Sending Unit. there's a way to test it using an ohmmeter in the hanyes manual. later.
          fuel sending unit how hard is this to fix dont tell me i need to get a new fuel pump ?

Comment

I have this same problem a coworker noticed my reverse light was not working

When i put gas $20 needle goes up to full after a few days of driving stays the same then all of a sudden goes below the 1/2 line. I found out that the 3/4 line is when im on empty(dont ask how i know lol)

Comment

also check your grounds. my 78 Malibu's gas guage would work right and it turned out to be the ground
              http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

My prelude cluster's fuel guage stopped working. I could smack the top of my dash and the needle would go up to where it belongs, but then slowly drop back down to empty. I bought another cluster from LKQ and that fuel guage didn't work at all. I exchanged it for a second cluster and that one works fine. I'm sure if you swap your cluster out that should fix the problem.

Also, my low fuel light worked on both bad clusters, so it was independant of the faulty needle.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                  My prelude cluster's fuel guage stopped working. I could smack the top of my dash and the needle would go up to where it belongs, but then slowly drop back down to empty. I bought another cluster from LKQ and that fuel guage didn't work at all. I exchanged it for a second cluster and that one works fine. I'm sure if you swap your cluster out that should fix the problem.

Also, my low fuel light worked on both bad clusters, so it was independant of the faulty needle.
                  I'm trying to get it fix before I need to buy a new one I want to know to chek the fuel sending unit you guy keep talking about it

Comment

a cb7 has a 14 gallon tank so i agree that 10 bux will move the needle so i dunno

Comment

Originally posted by Ramx View Post
                      fuel sending unit how hard is this to fix dont tell me i need to get a new fuel pump ?
                      you gain access by removing the rear seat cushion. under that is a cover. later.
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Working...
                      X