Oil suggestions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil suggestions....

looking to doing a Full Synthetic oil change and I'm considering a full Royal Purple High Mileage 10/30 with a Royal Purple Filter. I have an F22A1 w/ 181,500 miles. Are there any benefits to this setup or is there a better alternative?
    My Project, My Concept
    1990 LX Coupe

"Certified CB7 Tuner"

Why? Just hit up wal-mart and grab some Mobil 1. No need to go fancy here.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

yea less is best. no need to fancy oil.
      COUPE K24

Comment

if you havnt done any work to the engine do NOT use full synthetic, itll eventually free up the sludge thats keeping the oil in the engine. if youve done all the seals, then by all means use a full synthetic. AFter I rebuilt my engine ive exclusively used full synthetic, sometimes penzoil or valvoline, basically whatevers 26 bucks for a gallon at walmart. I then just change the filter (USA made WIX clones) at 3k and top it off. full change at 6k, I could probably let it go to 10k or yearly, but I beat the snot out of it everyday. Ive had it running almost 3.5 years or abouts, about 9 months ago I had to redo a cam seal..the whole drive train was still looking brand new, just the slightest hint of a golden color instead of the poop reddish brown the synthetic would eventually remove.
        Last edited by illinois_erik; 09-13-2017, 10:57 PM.

Comment

I put in 5w-30 Royal Purple, it made a noticeable difference on my engine idling and revving.

About what Erik said about the seals in your engine, he's more than probably right. I haven't had any issues yet, but it's only been a month or so.
          I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
            I put in 5w-30 Royal Purple, it made a noticeable difference on my engine idling and revving.

About what Erik said about the seals in your engine, he's more than probably right. I haven't had any issues yet, but it's only been a month or so.
            Ya, royal purple not required and you would have noticed a difference in the engine with any oil change. But all comments above were correct.

Comment

>20+ year old stock engine
              >Royal Purple
              >$50+ oil changes

Yikes. I just put in whatever name brand is on sale when its time to change the oil. Maybe she'll get Pennzoil with a WIX filter, maybe Mobile1 with a Purolator? Who knows? I like the spontaneity, so do the women.

Last change was I believe Castrol GTX with a Bosch filter and three quarters of a quart of oil was substituted with Marvel.

Comment

I've been using Amsoil for a ten years now. No complaints or issues.
                I get a discount from a dealer I met online nearly twenty years ago.
                Cost per change is about $40.

Use a quality oil, proper weight for the engine and climate, and a good filter and you shouldn't have any issues as long as you change it as the recommended intervals for duty and time.
                Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

I use wholesale synthetic blend and Baldwin or Hasting filters that i also get in bulk, about $11-12 for an oil change that gets drained every 3500 miles.
                  [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

u live in new york. 5w30 synthetic is fine all year around. I prefer synthetics cause they have higher resistance to high engine temps. Regular oil starts to break down at 220 to 230 F. Synthetics start about 245 to 255 and higher for some.

Comment

Working...
                    X