No announcement yet.

INT : P12 Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 92 EX, but a previous owner swapped in an A1. I wonder if I'll gain anything from this since I've got the A1 motor. I'll take a look at my ecu. Is pt6 what it would say if it was for the a1 or the a6? Sorry, I just read through 6 pages and I may have missed this info along the way.

I like blue

Comment

Originally posted by jurizar View Post
      I have a 92 EX, but a previous owner swapped in an A1. I wonder if I'll gain anything from this since I've got the A1 motor. I'll take a look at my ecu. Is pt6 what it would say if it was for the a1 or the a6? Sorry, I just read through 6 pages and I may have missed this info along the way.
      If you have an F22A1 or F22A4, your car comes with a PT3 ECU. Replacing this unit with a P12 will benefit your engine's performance.

If you have an F22A6, your car comes with a PT6 ECU. This unit should NOT be replaced with a P12. The P12 ECU is not capable of operating the IAB system found in the F22A6, and would likely reduce performance.
      Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
      2005 Acura TSX 6MT
      2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

I have a 90 ex 5speed with an a4 I found a 93 prelude that has an a1 but it is automatic. I have read everything on this thread I shouldn't have any problems swapping in the p12 from an automatic into a Manuel. Or would it be better to find a Manuel p12
        One Day At A Time
        "Honda Connaisseur"
        1990 Accord EX Sedan Granada Black Metallic: DD
        1992 Accord LX Sedan Phantom Grey: SOLD
        1993 Accord EX Coupe Seattle Silver:FML SOLD
        1992 Accord DX Sedan: SOLD
        1993 Accord EX Sedan Arcadia Green: Stolen
        1999 Acura Integra LS Coupe Milano Red: Dead
        Bought From: mndude07 h23cb7, deevergote, hondaccordgirl, keeledesign, Fatman88, Jarrett
        Sold To: Timmyotool, mndude07, Mayberry (RIP), greenbme89, DeadlyNome92

Comment

can i have a site who sells the dam ecu no ludes are any where in my area
          Originally posted by deevergote
          This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
          i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Originally posted by speedfr3ak View Post
            can i have a site who sells the dam ecu no ludes are any where in my area
            Try the classifieds sections on here check and see. If your looking for one than post one up in the parts wanted area. You might also want to check ebay or your local craigslist. You just have to looook
            One Day At A Time
            "Honda Connaisseur"
            1990 Accord EX Sedan Granada Black Metallic: DD
            1992 Accord LX Sedan Phantom Grey: SOLD
            1993 Accord EX Coupe Seattle Silver:FML SOLD
            1992 Accord DX Sedan: SOLD
            1993 Accord EX Sedan Arcadia Green: Stolen
            1999 Acura Integra LS Coupe Milano Red: Dead
            Bought From: mndude07 h23cb7, deevergote, hondaccordgirl, keeledesign, Fatman88, Jarrett
            Sold To: Timmyotool, mndude07, Mayberry (RIP), greenbme89, DeadlyNome92

Comment

I just did this swap on my automatic, however it would have helped if I knew that the TCU is also underneath where the ECU is. There was no way the P12 would fit in there unless I unbolted the TCU as well. Luckily I did that and it worked out. Had kind of a hard time putting the metal plate back on though.

I just hope I didn't crush any wires when I installed it, it was kind of a tight squeeze. I didn't bolt the plate down all the way though for that reason.

So people beware: If you have an automatic and you put the P12 in, you're going to have to unbolt the TCU in order to make it fit. I was nervous (and kind of still am) that I may have crushed the wires on the ECU (where they go into the connector). But there was no CEL when I turned the car on so that's a good sign.

I just want some affirmation now. Do you think I damaged the wires? I mean, someone has to know the resilience of the wires and what not. Whether they tend to break or become uprooted from their connector plugs.
              Last edited by Mishakol129; 09-21-2012, 07:37 PM.
              “Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
              ― Jeremy Clarkson

Very first tear down and rebuild. vvv
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755

Current Build, F23 block F22b dohc head:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203144

Comment

Working...
              X