Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DBSharp's Turbo Fabrication thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my injectors have been tested at around 815cc min. I was running them at 86% duty at 19 lbs of boost with a 255 in the tank and stock fuel pressure. they had nothing left! with my bosh 044 I will be able to crank up the fuel pressure and max this turbo out.

The 255 can take you pretty far, and when your ready to upgrade the 255 will make a nice lift pump for the bosh 044.

there area few flavors of hy35 out there, mine has the smaller hotside but it still does well.

Now for some new tires to lay the power down! I'm thinking of grabbing some M&H 235/60-15 street and strip, I just need to locate a couple 15x7 wheels now.
    Last edited by dbsharp; 12-27-2017, 08:13 PM.
    spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
      my injectors have been tested at around 815cc min. I was running them at 86% duty at 19 lbs of boost with a 255 in the tank and stock fuel pressure. they had nothing left! with my bosh 044 I will be able to crank up the fuel pressure and max this turbo out.

The 255 can take you pretty far, and when your ready to upgrade the 255 will make a nice lift pump for the bosh 044.

there area few flavors of hy35 out there, mine has the smaller hotside but it still does well.

Now for some new tires to lay the power down! I'm thinking of grabbing some M&H 235/60-15 street and strip, I just need to locate a couple 15x7 wheels now.
      There are some very nice 205/55R15 out there, whatever size you choose to go with just make sure there are better tires on that size as a wider tire of a lesser compound will have less traction than a narrow tire of better compound. What brand is M&H?

m&H drag tires.... Our factor size is just over 24 inches in diameter while the 235 is almost 26 which will result in reduced acceleration and a bit higher top speed. May I suggest 205/50r15 or 225/50r15 as they are 23 and 24 inches in total diameter and are also a drag tire size.
      Last edited by Crankshaft; 12-31-2017, 04:11 AM.
      [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

255lph fuel pump is good up to around 600 HP. The limiting factor of going for 500HP will be the injectors or your clutch, most likely the clutch :P I'm running a Stage4 and it only lasted about 6 months (two summers) at 410HP.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
          255lph fuel pump is good up to around 600 HP. The limiting factor of going for 500HP will be the injectors or your clutch, most likely the clutch :P I'm running a Stage4 and it only lasted about 6 months (two summers) at 410HP.
          Yea my CC stage 4 has been holding at the 400 whp power level for quite a while. I really have to abuse this thing to get any signs that its even thinking of slipping. The day it does, Ill get a ACT upgrade, or maybe Ill take out a home equity loan and get a twin disk haha.

As far as the 255 goes, it is true that people have made 500+ with them with large injectors, but its flow rates choke as you increase the pressure. With my injectors I will be able to make plenty more power by turning the pressure up a bit. The inline bosh pump will let me run as much pressure as I'm going to need to max my current turbo out. No matter what I do to this setup in the future, this pump will support it.

As far as the tires go, at these power levels and up, traction is the name of the game! Word has it the M&H have the best compound for fwd street traction, and the taller than stock tire size will help to get my car to hook the power its making. Think of it like a taller final drive ratio. Low power cars will go faster on a shorter final drive, but cars that spin their first few gears sure wont! 1st gear is basically a waste of my time right now, even with boost by gear.
          spin city

Comment

Working...
          X