Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

O2 sensor relocation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O2 sensor relocation

Since I live in a area that has no emissions testing requirements I wanted to delete my catalytic converter. I noticed there is an o2 bung on the new replacement pipe. Since the o2 sensor is on the manifold, and there's only one, can I move it to the new "cat" without any issues? I would think so. If for nothing else, it'll be easier to access should it need changing.

that is exactly what I did and it worked fine. I just grabbed some junkyard o2 connectors and soldered up a 16" extension wire in order to reach the new location.

Comment

Extending the wires could potentially change the resistance, which could result in improper sensor function.

Also, there is no good reason to delete your catalytic converter. Ever.

Comment

Thanks guys for your input.

Comment

O2 sensor relocation

I disagree as in my experience with 11 I can move the stick without any input being registered. That mean I could benefit from higher resolution.
          So, how do I setup more than 11 bit please?

Comment

When I replaced our A1 exhaust manifold with an a4 I just extended the wires so the O2 sensor would reach the new location. It worked fine. I agree with Deeve. There is no good reason to remove your cat. It really doesn't restrict flow and it keeps bad crap out of our air.
            ==========================
            1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
            1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
            Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
            Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
            M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
            Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Extending the wires could potentially change the resistance, which could result in improper sensor function.

Also, there is no good reason to delete your catalytic converter. Ever.
              This. ^

You can buy the proper extension. One comes with the DC Sports header. You can buy just the extension.

DC Sports RHWA-002 30" 4-Wire O2 Sensor Extension.

I purchased one on Amazon in 2017. $24.99 shipped. Don't quote the exact part number but it might be just what you need. There are a couple different ones as I recall. I used the abformentioned when relocating the O2 on an F22A1 to the F22A6 location.

Comment

Working...
              X