Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

piping diameter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
    Can everyone seriously stop saying "xx psi". It's retarded and meaningless. The psi an engine can "hold" changes with each turbo.

Don't ever set your goals on psi, but rather set power goals.

2.5" is fine for charge piping up to about 400whp, then it starts being a restriction.
    well ya u will have whp goals but i can say i want 400 whp but will my stock bottem handle it? u can make 400whp in diffrent ways......

its all on ur setup tuning and PSI.... so psi dose make a diff

93 EX COUPE, F22A6 turbo project
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...45#post1615845
    96 lexus sc300 DD
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143563

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

Not really.

You can make 400whp on 12psi with a certain turbo, and make 400whp on 20psi on a different turbo. It doesn't matter how much psi, what matters is the final output.

It's not about the psi. It is about tuning.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

It's all about how well your engine flow with given turbo, how fast turbo can recover amount of air that motor needs to make power, in 3k rpm your pushing 12psi and at 7k rpm same 12psi, so when you past it's efficiency now your turbo becomes restriction. Thats why bigger turbo makes more power over small ones plus they wont make heat that cause det. down side they spool at higher rpm so your power band stars from 5k rpm to 7k rpm lol

as for charge pipes if you don't have extreame turns over 90' then 2.5" is more that you need.

Comment

Originally posted by keycb7 View Post
          you already have cartrige so all you need is 16g super back rebuild kit + turbine wheel and compressor wheel, make sure you get same compressor wheel to match your housing and turbine wheel are all same 14b, 16g, evo3 16g also it have to be td05h not td05

edit: When you buy new turbine wheel and compressor wheel make sure they are balanced.
          Alright cool thanks man, after work I'll start checking out some rebuild kits with wheels.

And for the sake of not buying more piping, I'll just stick with the 2.5" because that's what is sitting int he back seat of my car right now.

Any specifics on rebuild brand? eBay compared to MHI, seems obvious, though.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

I'm running 2.25" on my setup, and now that I'm getting closer to the 400 mark I am considering a staggered setup. 2.5 on the hot side, and then 2.75 or 3" on the cold side. Havent made up my mind yet though, still doing research.

L8r
            Turbo H23a3 build has begun
            01-01-2019

Comment

Originally posted by CB7lx91 View Post
              Alright cool thanks man, after work I'll start checking out some rebuild kits with wheels.

And for the sake of not buying more piping, I'll just stick with the 2.5" because that's what is sitting int he back seat of my car right now.

Any specifics on rebuild brand? eBay compared to MHI, seems obvious, though.
              http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Turbo...spagenameZWDVW
              I bought same one for myself just form different seller, I did bought heat shield from this guy they sell "KAMAK DYNAMICS" rebuild parts same parts used by Greddy turbines.

Comment

cool, thanks man, looks like this is next on my list lol.

I can't wait to get this thing started in the summer.

Thanks again guys.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Best of luck man, keep us updated.
                  2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                  2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                    Not really.

You can make 400whp on 12psi with a certain turbo, and make 400whp on 20psi on a different turbo. It doesn't matter how much psi, what matters is the final output.

It's not about the psi. It is about tuning.
                    that was exactly what i was saying u can make the power in diffrent ways psi or setup

93 EX COUPE, F22A6 turbo project
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...45#post1615845
                    96 lexus sc300 DD
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143563

back from basic.... off to ait.... CB still being worked on i have mad plans for it .. sorry cant tell its on the hush hush for now but all i can say in somewhere around 500 hp soon to come..

Comment

Working...
                    X