X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doing this this weekend,awesome diy

spoonsportsaddict

Comment

Just remember that if you get koni you will need to cut a small hole in the body of the car so you can adjust your rear shocks from soft to firm

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2620526 190E Mercedes Benz
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3065882 Accord Under major Repairs

Comment

Damn, I cannot take off the rear shocks. It is longer than the one in the US. So, it stuck. BTW, does anyone know the code for the bolt that hold the rear shock (the lower-one piece bolt), and the thread size? I cannot access majestic honda so I cannot search the code number.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
          nope, just some enkeis.

mugen m7s dont have my sexy offset :]
          I've seen someone separate the dish and put them on higher offset... "rims"

HAWT

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by bowzil View Post
            Damn, I cannot take off the rear shocks. It is longer than the one in the US. So, it stuck. BTW, does anyone know the code for the bolt that hold the rear shock (the lower-one piece bolt), and the thread size? I cannot access majestic honda so I cannot search the code number.

Thanks in advance.
            there is 2 ways. one, take off the top bolts, then hop on the wheel hub and pull it out....or kick it inwards and that knocks it down.

2nd, i forgot.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
              there is 2 ways. one, take off the top bolts, then hop on the wheel hub and pull it out....or kick it inwards and that knocks it down.

2nd, i forgot.
              I already did that, the whole struts felt down, but the problem is that I could not take it out from the wheel well. Coz the springs is longer so it stucks to the wheel hub. I am gonna take a picture of it soon.

Comment

^ yea i found the rears to be harder too
                Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #43
                H22 Motor fund:0.00

Comment

i did mine with no issues...i kick the bottom part inwards and then pull it out.

i dont remember but is there a fork that bolts to the lower of the strut asymbly like the fronts? cause if so then u can unbolt that, then shove it out.

i did my dads accord the same way.
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                    i did mine with no issues...i kick the bottom part inwards and then pull it out.

i dont remember but is there a fork that bolts to the lower of the strut asymbly like the fronts? cause if so then u can unbolt that, then shove it out.

i did my dads accord the same way.
                    no fork for the rear one, I just installed the rear passenger side shock + coilover. And I was right about the length of the shock, my SM4 strut is longer approx 10cm than the apexi. As you can see from the pictures below. The diameter of the shock also different, the diameter of the apexi shock is approx 42mm or 46mm.

Comment

This thread is so OG its not even funny..hahaha..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

OG thread wins. I remember using this thread.

Comment

awesome thread .. about to install my set up now!
                          Accord SE

93se
                          Members Ride
                          Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                          Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

finished my install and i owned that shit! haha i slammed the hell out of it.
                            Accord SE

93se
                            Members Ride
                            Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
                            Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

These bottom rear bolts are some bitches. I'm taking a kush break.

Comment

i found this video and it shows how to take the Struts out. hope it helps someone this guy have lot of videos on CB7 too.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce5c6eUPW4s
                                Last edited by 530drivercb7; 06-18-2010, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X