Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ultimate CB7 Paint Code Guide

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude this is awesome.. nice info

Comment

So many options!

Comment

Thanks for the post! Now i know what color to get if i do a future paint job. I love the aRcadia green. :3

Comment

Nice write up. Just purchased a flushmount and wanted to paint it the same color as my car. That's after I take off all the carbon fiber wrap that the previous owner but on..

Comment

Keep in mind that the paint on your car has faded a good deal over the last 25 years or so... so even getting the matching color code might not result in a perfect match. If the paint is in good shape, hopefully it'll at least be close enough that it won't be noticed.

Comment

99% of all paints/codes have many variances.

Example most puter GMs same paint code 17 different variances of that code, and age only makes things worse.

Now you can have a profit done this will be your best bet in matching paint.

02 Crv
              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

This is very helpful!

Comment

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen anything official on this site detailing exterior and interior color combinations, so I've been taking pen and pad on my junkyard runs to get a list going. Regarding paint codes, I found some cars that were NH-538-3 ('91 LX sedan, '92 DX and EX coupes were on hand with this) and one that was just NH-538 without the -3 ('92 LX sedan). Same exact paint?
                  Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-14-2018, 03:49 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I’m wondering if the -3 is a pearl addition. My code is NH503P-3 Granada Black but I have seen NH503P no -3 also. Maybe EX models got a pearl and lessor models didn’t? I’ll be studying this also.
                    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

I saw one of each trim level with the -3

This is everything that's sitting in one Denver yard at the moment (exterior paint code / interior color - looking around Majestic, there is a ridiculous number of interior color codes for plastics, cloth, and headliner material). I'm going back down tomorrow to pull parts, and will try to squeeze in another yard in the area just to collect color combos.

LX sedan 5spd - YR-501M-3 / brown
                      LX sedan 5spd - R-70M-3 / tan

LX sedan auto - YR-501M-3 / brown
                      LX sedan auto - NH-538-3 / grey
                      LX wagon auto - NH-537-M-3 / grey

DX coupe 5spd - NH-538-3 / blue
                      LX sedan 5spd - B-54P-3 / grey
                      LX sedan 5spd - NH-538 / blue
                      EX coupe 5spd - NH-538-3 / blue
                      EX wagon 5spd - B-54P-3 / grey

LX coupe auto - NH-561P-3 / grey
                      LX sedan auto - YR-94M-3 / red
                      LX wagon 5spd - R-78P-3 / grey
                      Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-14-2018, 10:07 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Is there any interior code that is listed near the paint code? I should look at my car. It’s friggin cold and windy outside at my place right now lol.

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
                          Is there any interior code that is listed near the paint code? I should look at my car. It’s friggin cold and windy outside at my place right now lol.
                          Theres a seperate sticker, yes. It should be on the passenger door jamb.

Comment

Interiors
                            Type A black; 91 Solaris Silver SE, 90-91 Phoenix Red DX
                            Type B gray
                            Type C blue
                            Type D burgundy/red
                            Type E ??
                            Type F brown
                            Type G tan/beige; this is the SE interior code also.

The code colors have specific names also I’m pretty sure. Maybe someone else can help with those I.D.s

Now these codes seem to be only representing the lower half of the interior.
                            For example. I have seen type D in two cars but both had different color upper plastics. One had the beige upper plastics color and the other had the gray upper plastics. The exterior colors were different also so that I’m sure plays into the interior color combinations.
                            Another thing to note is that 91 SE models have their own upper color plastics also. Maybe the Phoenix Red DX models have the same? I’m not sure I’ve only seen one of these black interior DX models. It was a coupe also and I’m still kicking myself in the ass for not taking more of the complete interior that was there including the black cloth seats!! Its gotta be the rarest US CB model of all hands down.
                            I thought at first that the 91 SE upper plastics were the same light blue/gray uppers as the blue interior cars but it’s actually darker. A real nice gray I might add also. Certainly better looking than the so called gray upper plastics that mostly come in type B gray interior cars.

~Mark~

Comment

Originally posted by NH-503P-3 View Post
                              Interiors
                              Type A black; 91 Solaris Silver SE, 90-91 Phoenix Red DX
                              Type B gray
                              Type C blue
                              Type D burgundy/red
                              Type E ??
                              Type F brown
                              Type G tan/beige; this is the SE interior code also.

The code colors have specific names also I’m pretty sure. Maybe someone else can help with those I.D.s

Now these codes seem to be only representing the lower half of the interior.
                              For example. I have seen type D in two cars but both had different color upper plastics. One had the beige upper plastics color and the other had the gray upper plastics. The exterior colors were different also so that I’m sure plays into the interior color combinations.
                              Another thing to note is that 91 SE models have their own upper color plastics also. Maybe the Phoenix Red DX models have the same? I’m not sure I’ve only seen one of these black interior DX models. It was a coupe also and I’m still kicking myself in the ass for not taking more of the complete interior that was there including the black cloth seats!! Its gotta be the rarest US CB model of all hands down.
                              I thought at first that the 91 SE upper plastics were the same light blue/gray uppers as the blue interior cars but it’s actually darker. A real nice gray I might add also. Certainly better looking than the so called gray upper plastics that mostly come in type B gray interior cars.
                              Where did you see a gray interior in a 91 SE? Are you certain it wasn't a swapped interior? From all the literature I've ever seen the 91 SE came in two colors, Solaris Silver w/Black Leather and Brittany Blue-Green with the black dash and ivory leather.

The only way you could get a non-black dash in a brown / beige interior car was to have the 93 SE with the airbag dash, or have the poop brown interior in the 90-91 LX models.

The red / blue / gray interior cars had matching dashes. You may have seen cars with interiors in various stages of fade, but Honda didn't make any combos other than what I've listed from the factory. Who knows what was replaced over the years in various cars.

Comment

What I’m referring to when I say gray in a 91 SE is the upper plastics and headliner. The bottom pieces and leather are type A black.

~Mark~

Comment

Working...
                                X