Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Has anyone still active done a cluster swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone still active done a cluster swap?

I am looking for pictures and info from an active member(or a good link to the info) who has done a cluster swap. If you have done one what cluster did you use and why? My Accord cluster has been out of the car since April and now is as good a time as any for me to attempt a cluster swap. I have considered the 98-02 accord cluster because I had a 6th gen and I liked the cluster in it but I would have to send it out to get the mileage programmed to keep my mileage accurate. Any thoughts?

Both the '98-'02 Accord and '97-'01 Prelude clusters have been swapped into these cars, with the Prelude cluster being FAR more common and successful. There were only a couple people I can remember doing the Accord cluster and there were some issues that lingered for a while. They could have ultimately been resolved, but I am not sure.

There's even a DIY guide on here for the Prelude cluster.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201488

Comment

I saw this tread yesterday, I was hoping for a little more feedback on why certain clusters were chosen over others, thanks for responding. I guess opinions don't matter much now anyway, I bought a 98 accord cluster yesterday and as soon as I get a chance I am going to buy pigtails and get to work wiring it in, thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
          Both the '98-'02 Accord and '97-'01 Prelude clusters have been swapped into these cars, with the Prelude cluster being FAR more common and successful. There were only a couple people I can remember doing the Accord cluster and there were some issues that lingered for a while. They could have ultimately been resolved, but I am not sure.

There's even a DIY guide on here for the Prelude cluster.
          I settled on the 98 accord cluster, I am only really looking to get the basics of the cluster working, I dont mind if the gear selector or door indicator and things of that nature don't work, this car is no longer my daily driver.

Comment

You'll need the manuals for both cars to see the wiring diagrams and colors, etc. Can't say I've seen anyone do 98+ accord cluster swap, just prelude.

Comment

i did the prelude cluster. went back to stock lol
              COUPE K24

Comment

Another option.

https://mazda626.net/topic/39309-mak...m-gauge-faces/
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

If you look in my signature here you'll see I have the CB manuals up on Google Drive feel free to download them if you need our schematic. They are pretty detailed in what it is you need for what you are trying to swap.
                  The CB7 Collector.
                  Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                  92 LX Coupe F22A1
                  2013 Toyota Corolla S
                  92 EX Sedan F22A1
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                    You'll need the manuals for both cars to see the wiring diagrams and colors, etc. Can't say I've seen anyone do 98+ accord cluster swap, just prelude.
                    I saw a few attempts when I did a search, looks like alot of cutting and wiring but I will try it.

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
                    i did the prelude cluster. went back to stock lol
                    Why did you go back to stock? My cluster stopped working so I am looking to replace or swap it.

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                    Not an option for me unless I buy another stock cluster, mine doesn't work.

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
                    If you look in my signature here you'll see I have the CB manuals up on Google Drive feel free to download them if you need our schematic. They are pretty detailed in what it is you need for what you are trying to swap.
                    Thanks for the info, I am going to need all the help I can get.

Comment

Ya, why did you go back to stock?

Comment

didnt fit right, plus i like the oem clean look.
                        COUPE K24

Comment

I swapped my 1998-2001 Prelude cluster in and still love it.

Originally posted by owequitit View Post

Pics of the new cluster. Dome and "door ajar" light work as intended. It is nice to finally have this project buttoned up.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                            I swapped my 1998-2001 Prelude cluster in and still love it.
                            Why did you pick that one? Was it easy to install?

Comment

I want to say I recall someone attempting to swap an s2000 cluster on here(not sure if successful or not) a while back but it could have been in another forum, I'm barely ever on here. Seems to me it's really only worth it if you are willing to fab up the enclosure and what-not to make it really clean. Not to mention getting everything to work right. Its probably good that you are sticking with something a lot closer to the original design of our cars. Anyway, good luck and I hope it turns out well!

Comment

Working...
                              X