Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

nissan stupidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nissan stupidity

now b4 i start, i realise im gonna get shit for this, i just feel as though after all the bullshit iv went through, and all the money spent on this, the irony of it all is all i can do is laugh my ass off or tear up, grab an ozzy and start after every mexicanized redneck, or "couldent quite make it" mechanic retard involved... hopfully you guys will let me slide on this one, maybe youll understand were im comming from.
    about 3 months ago i blew a camshaft b/c of low oil pressure... no big deal, or so i thought, me and a buddy of mine opt to swap the whole head as to not worry about grinding down berrings, or getting the head line-bored... we also opt to do this in his shop as he works for nissan, and has all the propor equipment, were as my drive-way dosent, and im really big on doing shit the right way and not backyarding it, so we set out for the new head and all else that well need like a gasket kit, upper re-build kit, new valves, springs, ect.... bringing the todal to about $600 dollars... half way thru the swap the first setback araises... the shop manager for nissan tells me b/c im not an employee, im not covered under the insurence, and its their ass if i get hurt, so id have to leave... no biggie (thinking i could trust my "friend" i let him at my car, thinking ill have it by the weekend)

so the weekend comes and goes, tells me some BULLSHIT about the heads not right, blah blah blah, and after about a day of arguing, i figure WTF, and buy a second head(not going to explain)... another 250 bucks (todal now at $850)

a WEEK later im told again somthings fucked up, gives my sponsor and me some big run-around BS about the grind on the cam berrings... at this point im furious but figure maybe its a sign, and theres a silver lining b/c iv been thinking about a compleat motor rebuild... so i go out and purchase what ill need... the wallet despenses another $600 bringing the todal to $1450...

another 3 weeks go by and while this happens i juggle his constent excuses for breaking deadlines that he gives me, bullshit reasoning for having to buy new various things like distributors, seals, gaskets, ect... todal now about $1700 and my face is flashing red, steams pouring out my ears, and im clenching my shot-gun while dipictions of homicide flash thru my head only to be settled down my flash images of being bubbas bitch... so i let it go...

2 weeks later: i call him up "hows it looking, clutch in? pressure plate? through out berrings? is the motor runing in parameter?" and im told it will be ready tomarrow... (bear in mind all week iv been being told "tomarrow") so i look over to mike, and he says "lets go, ill take you overthere" b/c he sees how upset i am... i get there, storm into nissans garage, and see a fucking circle of mexicans surrounding my car!!! &@%$&%@$&%@$&$@*$&@$%!!!!! at this point if anyone tells me to calm down i will beat them to death.... i make the decision to drive my car home from nissan as is....

the next day i take it to my good friend chriss, who is not only one of the best mechanics i have ever seen, but honda certifyed so i feel much more comfortable... to make a long story short after another $800 in repairs (because the fucking idiot from nissan fucked up so much shit) im still finding shit worng...

this is an example of nissans expletive-ups:

-missing starter bolt
    -a peice of metal loged in between the dizzy and the head
    -broken dizzy (x2)
    -missing vacume lines
    -incorrectly installed head gasket
    -incorrectly installed oil pan & gasket
    -incorrectly installed waterpump
    -needed a new ^
    -incorectly installed crank seal
    -incorectly installed head (x2)
    -missing head bolt(s) yes thats with a "s" as in plural
    -loose motor-mounts
    -fucked up front case-seal

the list goes on and on... today while adjusting my skunks i found a rediculouis amount of grease on my oilpan... after close inspection i see that the axal boot is torn to shreds... the problem you ask... the fucking thing was being secured by ZIP TIES!!! WTF!?!?!?!?!?

3 months now and im still finding shit wrong... this has been the worst experiance i have ever had with cars... it would have been simpler if i just crashed the fucking thing... $2500 dollar head job! and a nice fat unaprechiation letter to nissan!

help me out guys! please forward all "expletive you" letters to CRISISuphill@aol.com with the subject "nissan" and i will gladly strip it of your names, email address, and personal info, and append it to my letter to the assistent director of nismo-motorsports inc. explaining to them how their "techs" do their jobs! oh did imention the $700 they charged my for labor? 3200 todal!

NOTE: originaly posted to honda-tech, if some things are odd in this thread, im sorry
    -cb7; dropped low and gutted - thanx skunk2!
    -its been REbuilt, better then before!

sorry if i spell pheneticaly

NO! WTF? its not ok to cut your springs!
    and NO cold air intakes arnt cool!

im confused...you brought your honda to a nissan dealership? that sounds like the first problem.

i completely understand your anger, but i think you should tone down the ethnic comments. Thats a lot of money to spend on pretty much nothing, but i dont think its nissans fault

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

With the money spent on the engine rebuild you could've bought a new Accord man!

Sucks to hear your troubles though...i can understand your anger man...

I agree with AccordR33...your anger superceded your judgement...

What else are you finding wrong with the hack-job?...other than the noted...

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
        1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
          im confused...you brought your honda to a nissan dealership? that sounds like the first problem.

i completely understand your anger, but i think you should tone down the ethnic comments. Thats a lot of money to spend on pretty much nothing, but i dont think its nissans fault

Yeah, im confused with the whole, Honda at a Nissan Dealership thing? Why?

Sounds like a similar problem i had but without spending $2000+. I took my old 98 Lude to HONDA for a typ. 100,000 mile service. When i got it back, i drove straight home. Next morning drove to school (30 miles). Just before i got there, on the freeway, my stereo dies. As i park and turn the key to off, it dies just before i turn the key.
          After class, i had to jump start it, but still no radio. I call Honda and tell them they need to check it out cause theres something wrong. I get about half way home, 70mph on freeway, starts to feel like im running out of gas. (still have half tank) It dies, and i roll to a stop JUST before the off ramp. I call Honda back and tell them the situation. I have AAA, so tow truck comes, we get to the dealership. One mechanic then another, so 2 of them are looking at it for about 15 mins. I walk up and am 15 feet away when it starts up, sounding perfectly fine. I ask, "What was the problem?" They're response was, "No, English" "Alternator". Pointing at the wire that plugs into the alternator. I was so pissed. My buddy works in the oil lube service, he comes over, i tell him what happened. The next day, my friends tells me the guy that worked on my car got suspended for a week.
          Now Honda is kissing my ass, 2-3 times a month i get mail from them; discounts, 25% off any work, Free oil changes(gotten 3 so far), a keychain, etc.. This happened like 6 months ago...

I would try to sue, get your money back plus a lil more.
          93 Coupe........AutoX

Comment

Originally posted by Accord13&BA4
            With the money spent on the engine rebuild you could've bought a new Accord man!

Sucks to hear your troubles though...i can understand your anger man...

I agree with AccordR33...your anger superceded your judgement...

What else are you finding wrong with the hack-job?...other than the noted...
            wow, ok, sorry for the ethnic comments.... lets see, thismorning i found zipties in place of axalboot clamps, it was misfiring b/c of the ignition, the motor was compleatly untimed, running very very lean (good think i cault it, or id be spending money on a new head gasket) motor mount bolts loose, missing cotter-pins on both driver and pasengerside front joints, i mean hackjob really is an understatment... this is serious crap that could have cost me my life if i was on a highway and my wheel were to.... pop off, lol
            -cb7; dropped low and gutted - thanx skunk2!
            -its been REbuilt, better then before!

sorry if i spell pheneticaly

NO! WTF? its not ok to cut your springs!
            and NO cold air intakes arnt cool!

Comment

y in the world did u not take the car to ur friend chriss in the first place than
              a nissan dealer ...with the money u sent u could have bought a h22 or a new motor
              H22 fund = 3000 hopefully soon My Member's Ride Thread

Canon XTI | 28-135mm IS USM | 18-55mm kit lens | 50mm 1.8 II

Comment

my question 2 u is why u in the hell would u bring a honda to a nissan dealership? thats why all makes of cars have the appropriate shops

Comment

Ok guys, lets drop the whole "why did you bring a honda to a nissan dealership" point. It's old and hardly the reason his car didn't get put back together correctly. The only issue I foresee from that is the Nissan place not having a manual for the Honda. But even that's not 100%.

The story you just told was, well very descriptive. Kudos to you for that. Shit like this just happens sometimes. I'm not saying you shouldn't be angry (actually I started getting angry as I read on), but cool down a little. The money you put in was way too much, but like I said, it happens. It seemed like you had the right idea with the engine build up at the silver-lining part. My only thing is I would've said screw it and took the car home right then. To each there own, and my best of wishes to you and your car.
                  Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                  D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                  ┴─┴
                  ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Working...
                  X