CB7 Auto Gas Milage Numbers - Post Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 Auto Gas Milage Numbers - Post Up!

Last few months I've been watching my gas mileage like a hawk. I've been averaging 24-26 MPG. Driving is a combination of freeway, city, and rural.
    Out on the highway I drive conservatively, city the same, out in the rural areas I'm a bit more heavy footed.

I switched to premium (90 octane) gas for the last few tanks and I've been getting better MPGs (26-27) all the time regardless of my driving style.

Just out of curiosity, what are the other CB7 autos getting for MPGs?
    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Now that the fuel leak is fixed...

24mpg, 90% highway driving A/C on @ 80mph.

93 LX sedan

DC header
    Magnaflow catalytic converter
    Yonaka catback
    E15

Corn free gasoline is $1.00 more a gallon here in Iowa.

\/ No problem Jon. I'll add my specs as well.
    Last edited by H311RA151N; 08-20-2017, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Thanks Josh.

Forgot to add my specs.

90 LX. A6 cam, A6/H23 intake hybrid, SRI, Bisi header. No AC (need to remove it or recharge... not sure which one I want to do).

Comment

My son has been consistently squeezing 30 mpg out of my stock 93 LX wagon in mostly highway driving this summer. My 92 EX coupe does about 26 in mostly city driving, low 30s on the highway.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I get about 17mpg

Comment

Originally posted by emosun View Post
            I get about 17mpg
            Any mods?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
              Any mods?
              Heavy shoes maybe?
              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Even the one month I ran Bisi's level 2 cam untuned I was getting 22MPGs...

Comment

I'm getting 300-330 miles a tank... I do drive mostly city, and I'm not a light-footed driver..

How much is a full tank though? 16 Gallons right?
                  I'm faster then a prius

Comment

I got 26mpg highway with my f22 auto and get 32mpg with my h22 manual swap
                    sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                      I'm getting 300-330 miles a tank... I do drive mostly city, and I'm not a light-footed driver..

How much is a full tank though? 16 Gallons right?
                      The owner's manual indicates 17 gallons, but the one time I ran out (on the way to get gas) it would only take 15.3 gallons. To actually check your mileage, keep a log of miles driven and fuel used. I don't usually let them go long enough to let the light come on, but that would normally result in putting in about 14 gallons.

Comment

Miles driven ÷ gallons previously put in your tank = MPGs

Keep that logged over a few tanks, weeks, months, years... and you'll get a good record.

I typically fill up with 12 gallons, don't want to be stranded out in the middle of Nowhere Idaho.

Comment

The most I ever put in one was 14.3 gallons as I recall. And I was running out going down hills on the way to the gas station. That was many years ago.

Comment

Oh wow, I'm probably getting better gas milage than I think I was! Haha
                            I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              Any mods?
                              it's got pretty sweet ford branded floor mats

Comment

Working...
                              X