wildBill83 : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wildBill83 : 1993 Accord SE

Well I saved this Coupe from being salvaged because I needed cheap reliable transport to my new job and my Ford just gave up the ghost. I got it for a few hundred dollars so I knew it was in poor shape to begin with but the motor was strong with 165K miles and the transmission was fine but needed a new TCU. The previous owner thought the tranny was shot and had awesome service records, but the car was externally abused and just didn't want to put more $$ into it. The pictures I'm about to post are not the prettiest on the forum, nor do I claim to have an amazing CB. I have literally only had this car for less than a week, and the laundry list of repairs has been a junk yard challenge.

Over all I have less than $800 in the car so far! EDIT: This is before modding and repairing...

Also it looks better when you look at it when drunk or through squinted eyes at a distance, the sad thing is that the coupe is 100% better now than it was when I first picked it up, and I still have a LONG way to go before I'm happy with the appearance of the car. So rather than starting with a mod list I'm starting with a repair list. As I have the car longer you will see where it goes and where it came from.

As it sits 11/03/2012:

Just after I joined:

More photos on page 3:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...7&postcount=49

REPAIR LIST (Completed)
    Windshield replacement
    Front end damage
    Passenger side TBone damage
    TCU repair with RadioShack parts and a spare TCU ordered from fleaBay just in case
    Replace cracked sun roof (used 1990 Accord Sedan glass)
    Replace Bose cassette head unit (LCD screen died on it the day I bought it)
    Remove and bypass stock Bose Amp
    Remove 6 disc CD changer
    Replace worn Bose speakers
    Replace shift lock solenoid
    Replace Passenger door
    Replace weather stripping on passenger door
    Repair tan interior handles until I find replacements in junk yard
    Oil drained, driven and then refilled twice
    Tranny drained and refilled, driven, repeat 3x
    O2 sensors to pass emissions
    Replace power antenna with stationary from a civic for a temp fix
    Replace oil pan gasket
    Replace main seal
    Replace timing belt
    Tune-up
    accesory/power steering belts
    A/C rebuild and upgrade via thread on this forum
    Tweak front end a bit more, she is close but no cigar you still tell it whacked something or someone hard at one point
    Motor mounts
    New valve cover gasket set (had oily plugs)
    New oil cooler o-ring (fixed that damn leak on the back of the block)
    driver axle
    passenger axle
    tie rods (inner and outer)
    upper control arms
    lower control arms
    lower ball joint
    hub/bearings in front
    hub/bearings in rear
    Distributor Cap
    Distributor Rotor
    Distributor ICM and o-ring

REPAIR LIST (Needs)
    Repair then replace power antenna mast (damn thing is aftermarket)
    Remove nasty dent from donor passenger door
    body work and paint
    Retint rear and quarter windows with limo tint and the front windows with 35%

MOD LIST
    Acura PS cap
    Acura Hood struts
    Legend front lip
    Sedan trunk swap w/ spoiler

ENGINE
    STOCK F22A6

EXTERIOR
    STOCK
    Needs new hood and front panels
    Still sourcing JY trim to comple OEM restoration
    Will sand prime and block over the winter

INTERIOR
    STOCK
    New door handles from JC Whitney
    All OEM parts located for restoration

SUSPENSION/WHEELS
    H&R Lowering Springs
    Koni Yellow Struts revalved for H&R spring drop
    Kazera 16x7 rims
    Hankook Ventus 205/55R16
    Energy Suspension Poly bushings

AUDIO/ELECTRONICS
    Pioneer Head Unit
    Kenwood Speakers (front and rear)
    Infinity Kappa 10" Subwoofer in MTX Bandpass box
    Alpine MRX M100 mono amp
    1.5farad capacitor

FUTURE PLANS
    OEM Swaps of junkyard finds:
    Integra front seats
    BB6 gauge cluster
    Fog lights and/or bumper swap
    DOHC VTEC (H22A) engine swap(SOLD)
    DOHC VTEC H22A4 engine rebuild and swap
    H22A LSD Auto transmission
    P13 OBD1 ECU
    many more, will add as I think of it... I'm just getting started on this car after all!

GOALS
    1. Reliable transport to work for the next 6 months (ACHIEVED!)
    2. Get another reliable DD then garage, paint, and make an NA VTEC sleeper out of it that looks somewhere between JDM and stock but not riced out (no offense if body kits and huge wings are your thing, they just aren't mine)
    Last edited by wildBill83; 07-12-2013, 04:57 PM.

Nice se dude! cant wait to see what you do with it.

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
    Originally posted by keepinitclean
    I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

Looks pretty good. '93 SE coupes are pretty neat cars.

Some recommendations:
      If your antenna mast is broken but you still hear the motor when you turn the radio on then the $15 mast on eBay is all you need. It can be a lightly tricky install but once it's done it works 100% like OEM.

Door handles are another eBay item. It's extremely common for them to break and any good ones you find in the junkyard aren't far away from breaking themselves. New ones have been reinforced to not have that issue and I've had success with even the cheapest ones on eBay.

Also, if by "VTEC engine" you mean an F22B1, I'd strongly reconsider. Either way, if it's only the long-block you're going to need an intake manifold and header as well as the ECU to complete the swap. For the gains that it offers it's not worth it. For the potential it offers, it's a downgrade.

Car looks good and you seem to work pretty quickly. It will be nice to see what else is in store for it.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHusk11 View Post
        Nice se dude! cant wait to see what you do with it.
        Thanks! I originally wasn't going to do anything with it until I found this forum when searching for the Bose stereo info, then you guys got the best of me and I saw how nice these little Accords can be with all the swaps and such. That got my gears turning, now I'm hooked.

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
        Looks pretty good. '93 SE coupes are pretty neat cars.

Some recommendations:
        If your antenna mast is broken but you still hear the motor when you turn the radio on then the $15 mast on eBay is all you need. It can be a lightly tricky install but once it's done it works 100% like OEM.

Door handles are another eBay item. It's extremely common for them to break and any good ones you find in the junkyard aren't far away from breaking themselves. New ones have been reinforced to not have that issue and I've had success with even the cheapest ones on eBay.

Also, if by "VTEC engine" you mean an F22B1, I'd strongly reconsider. Either way, if it's only the long-block you're going to need an intake manifold and header as well as the ECU to complete the swap. For the gains that it offers it's not worth it. For the potential it offers, it's a downgrade.

Car looks good and you seem to work pretty quickly. It will be nice to see what else is in store for it.
        So your saying sell the H22A VTEC I have moth balled? I really want to finish the NA tune I started on it nearly 10 years ago for my Integra I totaled. I wouldn't put an F22B1 in because like you said it is more of a downgrade and could just turbo the stock motor for cheaper. I have a non-power antenna from a civic on the car now until I can replace the aftermarket mast that goes with the aftermarket power antenna the previous owner installed. I got a trunk full of bad parts right now I'm trying to figure out what to do with LOL. The stationary antenna works great, just have to move it out of the way when opening the trunk ... until I get an acura vigor flush spoiler, been eyeing the one in your for sale section very closely.

The key to working quickly is controlling my ADD and focusing on taking everything off, spreading it all out, then fixing what I see wrong then putting it all back on, takes too much time to fix one thing at a time. This irritates some people when earlier in the week it was one piece, then a million parts, then back to one.

That rattle can tan paint on the passenger door came out well in the photos too, that door was blue!

As far as the door handles go, I'll just JB Weld the ones I have and sand and rattle can paint tan I think. If I goop the JB Weld where it is the weakest maybe I can get away with repairing what I got and they will make it for a while. I have grey ones on the car now, but them not matching is driving me nuts. The original tan ones are about to be JB Welded tonight, maybe sanded and painted tomorrow.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome and words of encouragement!
        Last edited by wildBill83; 08-06-2012, 02:28 PM.

Comment

not bad at all for <800 bucks.....the rattle can job isnt bad at all....could only see slight difference only after reading about it. good find
          SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

Originally posted by BIGRICH View Post
            not bad at all for <800 bucks.....the rattle can job isnt bad at all....could only see slight difference only after reading about it. good find
            Thank you BIGRICH

I have put a few hours in it already, you should have seen what it looked like before!

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
              Thank you BIGRICH

I have put a few hours in it already, you should have seen what it looked like before!
              no before pics available?
              SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

No, if it's an H22A then hang on to it. By only saying "VTEC" to differentiate from what you currently have I thought you were referring to the F22B1.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGRICH View Post
                  no before pics available?
                  It might as well have looked like what was in a pick-n-pull lot before...

I was too embarrassed to even take photos before I messed with it or even drive it around town like that. The Craigslist add didn't even have photos it was in such bad shape. I wasted no time with photos before going to the junk yard and tearing it down and fixing her up... Still a long way to go yet.

I parked it in the shade so you can't see all the dents I pulled out from the body panels as well, a bit of light trickery!

Ha, just noticed my dog pissing next to the horse barn in the last photo... Good boy!
                  Last edited by wildBill83; 08-05-2012, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Very good start! An SE coupe! Do want I'd love to see more updates

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

not bad at all for 800,cant wait to see what else you do to it.

Comment

Just got back from the junkyard empty handed ... damn what a waste of gas. Was hoping to find a vigor flush mount rear spoiler and a legened coupe lip but someone beat me to it. Also was going to try and score the digital A/C setup in a sedan I saw last time I was there but they already crushed it. So today I'm trying to bend some more metal back into place to correct the placement of the the lights, turn signals and front bumper, that gap is driving me nuts. Car is parked in front of a tree right now with the front end torn apart, taking a break from wrenching on the come-a-long I'm using to pull metal straight again and the rubber mallet I use to "massage" the bent parts too. It's hot out there folks, especially when your mad and swinging a mallet! Also I think while I got her torn apart may replace the serpentine belt, got the wrong one last week and have had a new one in the trunk since yesterday mingling with my bad parts I need to recycle or put in storage.

Well back to swinging the hammer and yanking on the body. I got a nasty dent on the donor door I need to remove the panel on the inside and tap out, should have done it when I put the new speakers in.
                        Last edited by wildBill83; 08-06-2012, 02:21 PM.

Comment

oooooh 93 SE coupe! Not a whole lot of those on here. These are pretty rare as far as CB7's go. They only made these in 1993 in the Champagne Silver colour you have, or in blue.....I beleive it's called Atlantis Blue.(Brittany Blue for the 91 SE sedan).

I like the plans you have for it, so I'm curious to see where it'll go from here.

Comment

If you saw a digital climate control in a CB7 then you would have had to have seen the JDM digital climate control or something custom. Just based on probability alone that's not very likely to see a JDM one because of the additional work required to get one functioning. Not something that would be too difficult for you, I presume.

Also, if the front end gives you any more trouble then you may want to have a go at this thread that TracieS did:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=185221

Comment

Well the car is close for now, I'm now tinkering on this project:
                              Arduino Powered TCU Replacement

Comment

Working...
                              X