Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to make 30+hp for $500 or less... (DX/LX F22A1 only)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't done it yet myself. I'll probably get a Maxbore alteration of a stock one, since I have 2 H22 throttle bodies.

It's hard to say exactly how much HP you'll get, since it's dependant on many other things. With the increased airflow of the intake manifold, you'll benefit best from upgrading the header and exhaust (getting into the rest of the more expensive range there )

Put it this way... H23 intake manifold, F20C throttle body, Bisimoto Stage 2 camshaft, Bisimoto header, SMSP high-flow cat, 2.5" catback exhaust (2.33" that you get with the metric Japanese sizes would probably be OK... Apexi World Sport should suffice). With those mods, and a tuned P06, you'll PROBABLY surpass HondaFan81's "red" project... which is making close to H22 power.

Comment

Best exhaust = straight pipe into a stock 2.5" muffler... just FYI...

But yea, the F22A has a lot of untapped potential locked in its head. Think of what you could do if you built the block.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
        I haven't done it yet myself. I'll probably get a Maxbore alteration of a stock one, since I have 2 H22 throttle bodies.

It's hard to say exactly how much HP you'll get, since it's dependant on many other things. With the increased airflow of the intake manifold, you'll benefit best from upgrading the header and exhaust (getting into the rest of the more expensive range there )

Put it this way... H23 intake manifold, F20C throttle body, Bisimoto Stage 2 camshaft, Bisimoto header, SMSP high-flow cat, 2.5" catback exhaust (2.33" that you get with the metric Japanese sizes would probably be OK... Apexi World Sport should suffice). With those mods, and a tuned P06, you'll PROBABLY surpass HondaFan81's "red" project... which is making close to H22 power.
        Don't bother with S2000 TB, get a H23 and have www.maxbore.com bore it out 67-64mm. Also, no need for the SMSP high-flow cat, get a Catco or Carsound. This brings down the cost.

S2000 TB is not a good idea, harder to find and will be more expensive and probably cause fitment issues. The H23 TB has been done, there is already DIY out there for H23 intake manifold swaps, done deal.

The key to Deevergote's statement of surpassing my red project is the Bisimoto F22 stage 2 camshaft & header combo, I wish I had that on my red now but at the time I didn't know. His gear is catered to our F22s. Don't bother with Delta, you will get more bang for the buck I'm telling you.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

On yeah, for sure. Cisco is going to explore that with the "white" project soon enough! The reason you don't see him on here all that often is because he is ALWAYS working on that thing.

Building the bottom end properly gets fairly expensive. But yeah, couple a well-modified head with a strong, high compression bottom end... and you'll make some crazy power.

Even though I have an H22, I firmly believe that a beefed-up NA F22A could perform just as well. Cisco is shooting for 250whp in the "white" project, last I heard. He used a Mustang Dyno for the "red" project, which gives lower readings than most (his whp would be higher on a Dynojet) That means, if he uses the same dyno, and hits 250whp, he could be a bit higher based on the more common Dynojet claims. 2point6 ran 12.7 with about 250whp in his H22 CB7. If all goes according to plan, Cisco should have at least a 12.something second F22A on his hands. (I spoke to Bisi a while back, and he said that the race engine in his Insight would pull a 2600lb CB7 down the quarter in about 11.3)

Comment

that list was helpful thanks
            Once a CB7tuner always a CB7tuner

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
              Best exhaust = straight pipe into a stock 2.5" muffler... just FYI...

But yea, the F22A has a lot of untapped potential locked in its head. Think of what you could do if you built the block.
              Yeah, but wont that make your car loud as hell and very annoying???
              92 Accord Coupe (MR Thread Below)

Member's Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Chinnn
                Yeah, but wont that make your car loud as hell and very annoying???

i think so. the cat and resintor quiet the noise of the exhaust down. thats why its best to keep them up there. if you want more power then be sure to get high-flow cat and resinator. to help with getting a highflow resinator, get an aftermarket cat-back exhaust. they come with resinators so you dont have to worry about getting one for yourself.

Comment

A good, large muffler will keep it pretty quiet, and a free-flowing resonator will also do the same. I don't suggest EVER running without a cat unless it's at the track. The SMSP high-flow cat is a very good piece, and the price is reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                    Hate to break it to you, but the F22B1 really has no VTEC changeover. Nothing like the DOHC engines that everyone associates with VTEC.
                    Dude, I was joking.

Comment

We're trying to do our best to eliminate the myth that the F22B1 is better because it has VTEC... which, in fact, is what makes it worse than the F22A

Comment

Also keep in mind that if it is in the budget to do some headwork, the exhaust ports on the F22A are the best place to start. They are restrictive relative to the stock intake ports, so there would be more benefit to just doing the exhaust side if you are on a severe budget.

And yes Deev, you are correct. The F22A has just as much, if not more total HP potential than the H22. The valve angle is better, the valvetrain is lighter, and you can get much larger valve/big cam combos in there.

The advantage of the H22 isn't in the total power potential. It is in the total power potential with less streetability compromise. Even with a stock H22, which sounds and runs like a stock F22 below VTEC, people are often quite surprised when it hits crossover, just because they aren't used to engines idling smoothly and quietly, and screaming to 7.8K pulling harder and harder to 6800.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                          We're trying to do our best to eliminate the myth that the F22B1 is better because it has VTEC... which, in fact, is what makes it worse than the F22A
                          Yeah, what was that other board that one of our members here posted his car setup and pics to and they were all making fun of him because it was "just an Accord"? One of the posts there was "if you at least had an F22B1, that would be something," and our guy had an F22A6. I wanted to post "Ummm, that's only a 5hp difference" but it was a month old by the time I read the thread on here about it.

Comment

I just don't want to make owequitit mad at me or anything, because he's one of the members here that I respect the most. He's always rediculously informed and his posts are usually pretty long, yet still concise and to the point with no rambling whatsoever.... and he's got a cool sig.

Comment

No problem. There are just SO many people that ask "can I put an F22 VTEC head on my block?", and brag about their "VTEC swaps" when they're F22B1s. It's not that the motor is absolutely worthless... I mean, it has SOME potential (they're good for turbo, I'm told... I have yet to learn any details, as I believe just about ANY Honda motor can be boosted to the limits of sane streetabilty with enough money) People see VTEC and think it's better. VTEC is a fantastic technology, but SOHC VTEC especially isn't superior to the performance potential of the F22A.

And Scott, you're totally right about the H22 being more of a street motor. My plans for my H22 revolve specifically around that, actually. I want to retain good drivability in the low RPM range, and have screaming performance up top. It won't be optimal for race, but it's not a race car. It'll be one hell of a street car, though... and that's the intent!

Comment

Originally posted by sandman61377
                                I just don't want to make owequitit mad at me or anything, because he's one of the members here that I respect the most. He's always rediculously informed and his posts are usually pretty long, yet still concise and to the point with no rambling whatsoever.... and he's got a cool sig.
                                owequitit never gets mad
                                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                                X