Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22a no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P0107

P0108

MAP Sensor - Basically the more vacuum the lower the voltage reading. So at idle you will likely have your lowest voltage.

O2 Sensor - Probe the signal wire(do not cut). At temperature, and normal conditions, it should read around .45v and fluctuate around there. Give it a good amount of gas, and the voltage should raise to around .8-1v.

Hope this helps, man.

Comment

^

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

Thanks a lot guys. I just got my parts today but have to wait until tomorrow to do all this because it is raining and I don't have a garage to work in. I bought an o2 sensor but will check mine first as it seems to be a pretty simple test and I would like to know regardless. I have the 92-95 obd1 h22a and both those tests are for the obd2, will it still be the same? I have a friend with access to alldata and the test for the map I pulled up was different. I checked all the 5v checks that this has and they were good, but it told me to check voltage between 2 pins on the ecu and it should be around 3.0 but mine was only like 2.8 and I don't know if that is close enough. The only reason I am wary about the map is because I had a cel code for it, but disappeared after I messed around with it doing those checks. Also I did not even know about the tps calibration I will definitely check that tomorrow too. I really appreciate all the help and advice guys thanks a lot.

Comment

So you have 5v, this is good.

You need to know if the sensor is giving the ECU the correct voltage at different vacuum levels. I’ll see what the OBD1 tests are for you later to see if it’s different. I just picked a car I knew had an H22a in it.

The diagnostic tree is just there to tell one of the problem is in the sensor, the wiring, or ECU.

Comment

2.8 volts is fine, volt meter calibration or differentiation alone could be the .2 or .3 volts. If you have not calibrated your meter, do that first to see what the nominal reading of the meter is. Touch the leads of the meter together and see what it reads. If the meter reads .3 volts, for example, and the voltage you are reading is 3.3 volts, then the actual voltage is 3.0 volts. It does NOT have to be exactly what spec is to be fine. Remeber how old this car is, resistances in wiring will fluctuate over the life of a vehicle because of too many variables to get into. If you want to replace the map, fine go for it, from what you describe, sounds like a likely culprit. Tests between obd 1 and 2 vehicles would be close enough to the same that there isnt any difference in voltage or resistance, so you can go by those tests.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

ok thanks, I just wasn't sure if that voltage was something that dropped over time as the sensor started going bad or something, I kind of assumed it was fine just didn't know why I had that error. I just remembered I still have my f-series map sensor too, I might swap the connector back over and see if that one feels any better, easy and free haha, but if it is then I am still going to buy a new h22 one because I like it on the throttle body

Comment

hey guys, been really busy and only have had time to do plugs and wires, and the fuel filter. It feels a little better but definitely don't think it is the main source of my problems. I did check the tps and it seems to be calibrated properly, it is at .45v when the throttle is fully closed, but I keep it around .55 -.6 because my car does not like to idle around 750, i keep it around 1000. I don't know if this helps diagnose but it does occasionally stall around 750 idle. Also like I said in my first post, I do have a code 12 from pulling the egr control solenoid, would that negatively affect my performance? I am going to fix it I just need to find the wires that go to it that I cut.

Comment

Fixed my egr, finally no cel. So when I started it after fixing the egr the idle was right around 750 and a little erratic, but I still need to clean out fitv and iacv, and at a stop it was idling around 1500. It definitely felt better but still laggy so I still want to do air filter and o2. What was weird was that this morning when I started it it idled at 1500 right away, which is way higher than it ever has before.

Comment

Working...
                  X