Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

suspension???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suspension???

i have a combination of tokico blue struts with dropzone springs it bottoms out with the slightest bump on the road and i am wondering if the spring is the problem i am thinking about getting the eibach sportline springs. i want 2 know if i will have the same problem or going with the eibach will cure the problem any help will be greatly be appreciated

You have a pic of how low your car is by chance? It might not be your setup bottoming out but actually your control arm hitting your inside fender wall. Might need to trim your control arm a little.
    "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

Originally posted by 93accdcivickla
      i have a combination of tokico blue struts with dropzone springs it bottoms out with the slightest bump on the road and i am wondering if the spring is the problem i am thinking about getting the eibach sportline springs. i want 2 know if i will have the same problem or going with the eibach will cure the problem any help will be greatly be appreciated

questions:
      1) How old are the Tokico HP dampers?
      2) How low do you have the dropzone springs?

most likely, the HP dampers are not strong enough for the extra low dropzone springs. The Eibach Sportline springs should do wonders.
      DEVOTE

Comment

What'd you do with the bump stops when you installed them?

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
          questions:
          1) How old are the Tokico HP dampers?
          2) How low do you have the dropzone springs?

most likely, the HP dampers are not strong enough for the extra low dropzone springs. The Eibach Sportline springs should do wonders.
          2.) 2.5" drop
          miss my turbo cb7
          moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
            2.) 2.5" drop
            yeah the Tokico HP dampers won't be able to handle that drop.

the Tokico recommends using HP's on mild springs like Tein H-Tech, Eibach Sportline and such.
            DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
              yeah the Tokico HP dampers won't be able to handle that drop.

the Tokico recommends using HP's on mild springs like Tein H-Tech, Eibach Sportline and such.
              Sportlines are like 2"-2.25" drop. ive seen a cb in person with them on. there as low as dropzones.

if your going to go with a drop, go with neuspeed or h&r, because the maximum drop on them is 1.7" which is the best combo with Tokicos.
              miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
                Sportlines are like 2"-2.25" drop. ive seen a cb in person with them on. there as low as dropzones.
                The Tokico HP spring perch is about .5in lower than stock, so that will lower the ride height.

In order of increasing aggressiveness:

Tein
                H-Tech 1.5in 224 lbs/in (F) 1.1in 151 lbs/in (R) - Great with sway bars and strong shocks Tokico HP. My setup.

Sprint Performance 1.50 (F) 1.50 (R)

Neuspeed Sportline 1.75 (F) & 1.5 (R)

Eibach Sportline 1.8 (F) & 1.7 (R) Part# 4.1140
                DEVOTE

Comment

in this picture the car is lowered on Kybs/Sportlines. They're the same as my dropzones.

miss my turbo cb7

Comment

i have had this problem before, most likely it is your upper control arm. you should check that out.
                    ----------------------------------I ♥ My CB7----------------------------------

Comment

if ur still looking for springs hit me up!

Facebook me
                      http://www.facebook.com/damon.amplo?ref=tn_tnmn
                      For sale thread
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...46#post3092146
                      Willing to buy/trade thread
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196484

Comment

Working...
                      X