Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what EXACT product do i need for the diy amber corners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what EXACT product do i need for the diy amber corners?

To do a DYI orange corners mod like the one below. People have told me cans before, and they were completly wrong. What is the BRAND and PLACE you get the right spray like this guy did?

Nice accord ^^^^

thanks in advance

My ride RS6 HELLA Bi-xenon ECE retrofitted CB7
    www.maketradefair.com

they are not diy corner i you can buy them on rsversion.com for like 15 bucks. i know michaels has pant that is orange i think krylon makes it i had some its like 5 bucks most people cant find orange and buy yellow and add a bunch of coats. But after a while from the rocks and debrie hitting it they start looking crappy just spend the 15 bucks and buy them
    cb7 sold
    2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
    95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
      i found all types of similar paint in an arts/crafts place...not sure of the chains up there, but down here it's Hobby Lobby.....it's model car paint and it's transparent....should have a dark tinted color, orange, blue, etc...all the basic colors, but transparent so you're basically spraying on tint....they're small cans and should be with all the other model car paint in the little cool ass bottles

and i think mine was made by Testor
      do you remember the color name?? thanks!

www.maketradefair.com

Comment

i believe he bought the lamps amber already. there are some ebay auctions that have this. if not, the paint i've used is model paint found in hobby stores. it's made by Tamiya and the color is transparent orange. it's the closest hue to amber. you'll need a foam brush to apply it to the lense. just remember multiple thin coats are better than just one thick coat. it is also i good idea to put a nice clearcoat to protect the paint from fading.
        1cor10:31
        - 92 LX coupe
        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Re: what EXACT product do i need

Originally posted by 97Lude
          To do a DYI orange corners mod like the one below. People have told me cans before, and they were completly wrong. What is the BRAND and PLACE you get the right spray like this guy did?

Nice accord ^^^^

thanks in advance
          thanks a lot man

basically I used, as another member stated, Krylon amber stained glass paint.

the first time I did it, I didn't use any clear coat on top. And just like timmy said, it started fading and chipping like crazy before I knew it. But the second and last time I did it, I put about 6 coats of amber paint and then put about 4 coats of dupli color wheel clear coat on top. Til this day there's still no fading or chipping, and it's been about 4 months or so. I've also done my sidemarkers with the same results.

I would have went the ebay route but unfortunately it's just about impossible to find the amber corners for 4th gens in the non euro style on ebay or elsewhere, and the people who 'pictured' the non euro amber corners couldn't garauntee me that's what I would be getting. And I like the reflector style instead, so I decided to paint my clears. Unfortunately, the place that I bought it online at no longer carries the paint, and they said they'll stop ordering it. Try calling up your local Ace Hardware or any local hobby or craft store and ask if they have it. I've heard Krylon holds up a bit better than Testors, but I have no experience with Testor's. Good luck man and just hollar if you have anymore questions

My members ride thread

Comment

they have the no euro verson corners and rsversion.com i am thinking of investing in a pair

https://www.4caroption.com/pdut_deta...Corner%20Light
            cb7 sold
            2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
            95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

painting things yourself is not *** if done well. by the same logic, painting your tails is ***, but i have never once heard someone say that. and i think that saving money kicks ass.
              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

yeah man definitely

sure some people might say painting your own stuff is 'ghetto', but who really cares...at least the work is done yourself, and if done right, it can look pretty close to original and professional

thanks for that link though dude...I'd never seen anyone selling those before...my only qualm is that with aftermarket corners/tails and bumper lenses for our accords, they have the tendency to leak or have condensation problems. I really dont like taking risks on them anymore, so since my stock corners and sidemarkers never leaked, I figured the 10 dollars total worth of paint was better than paying almost 50 bucks for real jdm sidemarkers and amber corner lights after shipping. plus you never know if the tone of amber would match with the sidemarkers and corners since one is manufactured by stanley and the other is just some off the wall company

thanks for the info tho

My members ride thread

Comment

Nice bro nice ever thought about gettin some eyelids for yours too or you want it just like that

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle
                    Nice bro nice ever thought about gettin some eyelids for yours too or you want it just like that
                    thanks man...damnnn I love your eyebrows dude (that came out kinda *** lol)...but seriously, those brows look pimp on your ride

May I please ask where you got em and how you made em? I would really really be interested in making/buying a set. Definitely something I've considered

My members ride thread

Comment

I did em but youll never guess what i made em out of its probably in your house now they are made out of electrical tape. But when done properly its looks hot

Comment

How thick is the electrical tape, the one I have is only about 1/2" thick...

Comment

I you stick it on there thoroughly. And you must also do the actual headlight and headlight clearcorners seperately.

To perfect it like me cover em down the line one strip after strip dont leave any lines where the light can shine through it and leave enough slack to where it will snuggly fit and not just fall off. a simple 30 minutes to perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accord4door
                            i suggest you bye the amber off ebay they got em,painting them is kinda ***
                            nothing wrong with a little ingenuity. until flip said that he painted them, i didn't know they were painted. as long as you do it right, it's the same in the end.

if anything, diy projects make your car feel much more personal, as you know you put your time, effort, and sweat into it. at the end of the day, you can step back and say "damn, i did that!"

though it's not the route i would go with corners, i definitely don't think that it's ***. i think it ended up looking rather hot.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
                              nothing wrong with a little ingenuity. until flip said that he painted them, i didn't know they were painted. as long as you do it right, it's the same in the end.

if anything, diy projects make your car feel much more personal, as you know you put your time, effort, and sweat into it. at the end of the day, you can step back and say "damn, i did that!"

though it's not the route i would go with corners, i definitely don't think that it's ***. i think it ended up looking rather hot.
                              preach it my brotha! I'm quite proud of my DIY tails

www.maketradefair.com

Comment

Working...
                              X