99 Accord Gauge Cluster Instrument swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

99 Accord Gauge Cluster Instrument swap

well since everyone did 97-01 prelude cluster swap, am going to swap a cluster from 99 accord, something different
    left is 99 accord cluster
    right is 90 accord cluster

finish touch:

~~V.1.00~~

~~V.2.00~~

~~V.3.00~~ (current)

I DO NOT RECOMMENT DOING THIS SWAP FOR A FEW REASON:
    -seatbelt light dont work.
    -dome light only work when driver side is open.
    -temperature gauge will work, but you need a 98+ accord temp sender. But in the 98+ accord, they dont use the sender only, I think they have some kind of temp detector,(hard to explain) but if you buy a temperature gauge, you are good to go.
    -low fuel do not come on (i think it got to do something with the fuel thing).

and all the wire were plug in correctly, i checked it million time but still thing happen.

And for those who interesting in doing this swap, I have the diagram for the swap, but I cant post it up, If I post it up on the somewhere it will reside and you cant see anything.
    Last edited by YellowCord; 03-18-2009, 05:21 AM.

it has eyes!!!

that would be nice. find a jdm or edm cluster

Comment

would you have a problem with the cluster since the odometer is digital?

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Originally posted by NorcoAccord
        would you have a problem with the cluster since the odometer is digital?
        no everything run fine, accept 2 thing that is not running right, the odometer work fine, it make the car look newer on the inside while driving.

it has eyes!!!

Comment

nice, do you have any other clear pics?

Comment

was it a direct bolt in, or was did you have to mod it? that looks really cool, ill have to do that. the fuel light and dome lights dont bother me, and i can get guages for the temp.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
              was it a direct bolt in, or was did you have to mod it? that looks really cool, ill have to do that. the fuel light and dome lights dont bother me, and i can get guages for the temp.

it not direct bolt on, i have to cut the 2 side piece out(where the cluster screw is at), and i have to cut the bottom piece off too. To bolt it in, you dont have to cut the 2 side piece off, you just have to cut the bottom piece off, but i cut the 2 side off cuz i thought it was the 2 piece on the side that wouldnt let the guage go in, but it the bottom piece that make it stuck.

it has eyes!!!

Comment

so its just dremel that shit off and it goes in? sweet! any wiring to deal with, ot is it a straight connection?

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

i'll get more picture tomorrow

it has eyes!!!

Comment

BUMP!!!

Few questions... Any other pics?

Did the cluster come out of a 4-door or a 2-door?
                    How off is the temp gauge?

Comment

if these clusters are pretty much the same size and shape, will these fit our cars? (99 accord bezel with 2 integrated gauge pods)

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz
                        BUMP!!!

Few questions... Any other pics?

Did the cluster come out of a 4-door or a 2-door?
                        How off is the temp gauge?

well if u want pix, i can take it tomorrow and post it up.
                        the cluster came out of a 2 door, well the temp gauge is way off, whenever i start the car the temp gauge is going all the way up, look like it over heating, but it not. well what i do is buy a temp gauge and problem solve.

it has eyes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR
                          if these clusters are pretty much the same size and shape, will these fit our cars? (99 accord bezel with 2 integrated gauge pods)
                          i dont know, i use the CB7 bezel, i never try those bezel, it may fit but may not, maybe i should buy one and try it out.

it has eyes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by YellowCord
                            well if u want pix, i can take it tomorrow and post it up.
                            the cluster came out of a 2 door, well the temp gauge is way off, whenever i start the car the temp gauge is going all the way up, look like it over heating, but it not. well what i do is buy a temp gauge and problem solve.
                            That would be great if you could take some pics for me. Thanks.

Comment

here you go sir:

yea I cracked the len.

it has eyes!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X