Rotor-over-Hub, Complete.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotor-over-Hub, Complete.....

I was, emphasis on was.....the KING of Warped-Rotor Land. It seemed like a curse. A soon as I thought the brakes were squared away.....my steering wheel would start convulsing like mofo under heavy braking.

Well, that has all changed. Now if there's an issue, its off with the suckers in about 5 min and down to the local machine shop. This was an expensive, but worth while upgrade. It's honestly one of the only things that I hated about my CB......well, not anymore.

1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Score! i can't wait to do this.

How much did you end up spending.

I can get all the parts oem bearings, brembo blank rotors, hawk pads, acura OEM hubs

For 360$ shipped for everything.

How much you spend?

Comment

I got the hubs at wholesale cost. OE rotors, OE bearings, ceramic pads, OE Acura spindles. About $400 total, so if you're gettin' that good of a deal....go for it!!

BTW, don't forget the set screws for the discs...they don't come with the rotors or the spindles.
      Last edited by maroonaccord2.2; 03-01-2006, 02:19 PM. Reason: add info
      1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

very nice! i love having R-O-H too but i never had warped rotors when i had the old setup. maybe your suspension is off or your driving style needs a change. either way you can enjoy simple dismounting and resurfacing without having to remove the axles.
        1cor10:31
        - 92 LX coupe
        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Well, I don't think that the newer rotors that I had installed had been heat treated at all.....therefor, as soon as I got heavy on the brakes, the cheap rotor distorted. Not uncommon, but I really wanted this conversion done to alleviate head-aches in the future, and make it easy to upgrade.

BTW, camber and alignment are right on.....I have the printout from the alignment shop in my glovebox. No susp. changes since then either.
          Last edited by maroonaccord2.2; 03-01-2006, 02:40 PM.
          1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

VERY NICE!!!!! I love it!

Comment

Thanks man, what's up with that paint bro?! Any progress?
              1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

I love my ROH swap as well. its a good investment if you plan on keeping the car forever.
                -Mark-
                CB7
                CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
                Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Your rotor warpage issues probably were to do with the quality/brand of the rotors you were using. If it wasn't that, then your rotor is not sitting flush and perpendicular because of something being damaged or installation error (not caring to clean certain areas).
                  HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Awesome. I'm looking at about $450 for everything including powerslot disks. I wish I could afford to do this soon, like before the big meet. I'm pretty sure my left bearing and/or hub are in desperate need of replacement. I'm surprised about the set screws. My Brembo blanks for the rear came with them.
                    Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                    -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                    MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

www.acuraoemparts.com is the cheapest to buy the hubs for

Comment

go to hardware store for set screws...easy to find and cheap
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

You going to make a full DIY?
                          Gary A.K.A. Carter
                          [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

I guess that I could, it's certainly not the most difficult upgrade if you've got the tools.....probably a 4 for me on a scale of 1 to 10. If I do, it'll be soon....I should be getting my new PC today!!! YA!! Assembling the new parts is very easy.
                            1992 Accord LX - SOLD

Comment

is it a 97-99 acura cl i heard?
                              hahahahah

Comment

Working...
                              X