EXT: Rear Wiper Delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: Rear Wiper Delete

Pretty easy little DIY and it will clean up the lines on the rear hatch.

Tools needed:
    10mm Ratchet
    Adjustable Wrench

Parts:
    Plug: P/N 90301-SR3-000
    Nut and bolt: 90156-SH3-000
    Rubber Seal: 76707-SR3-000
    5/16 Washer (get at a lowes or wherever)

OR

Grommet, Drain Hole (26mm): P/N 82871-671-000

To remove everything you have to go in a certain order.

1. Remove the cover to the third brake light

2. Remove the two 10mm bolts that hold the third brake light in place

3 Pull out the two Rear Window Trim pieces. Start where the third brake light is and pull directly outwards. Continue all the way up to the top of both pieces.

4. Once the two Rear Window Trim pieces are out of the way, begin to remove the Tailgate Upper Trim Panel. First, remove the button that is the lock. It just screws out.

5. After that begin pulling on the edge furthest from the glass. This edge is held in with clips that pull directly out from the hatch. Once you have this edge loose, you can begin with the edge near the glass. This edge is held in with clips that hook over the edge of the metal near the glass. Pull the piece upwards towards the glass.

6. Now move to the outside of the vehicle. Here you will see the rear wiper arm assembly. Pop open the cover that is on top of the wiper arm

*Image copied from Team-Integra.net*

7. Remove the little screw that is on top of the shaft. This is what holds the wiper arm in place. Once you have removed the screw, pull the wiper arm up and off the shaft. It may take some wiggling but it is not too hard to remove.

8. Once the arm is off, you will see a large rubber piece. Remove it and you will see a larger screw. Using your adjustable wrench, remove this screw and the the large metal piece it holds in place. Then remove the last little rubber piece to have the hatch glass completely clear.

*Image copied from Team-Integra.net*

9. Now move back to the inside of the hatch. Remove the plug that goes to the Rear Wiper Motor. After that, remove the three 10mm bolts which hold the Motor Assembly in place.

10. Clean up the area around the hole if there is any leftover adhesive from the rubber.

11. At this point you have two options. Either the more secure way (the multiple parts) or the easy way (the grommet). For the 'secure' way, place the plug over the rubber seal on the outside of the hatch. On the inside place the washer followed by the nut and bolt. More information about this method can be found at the link below

http://mnhondas.com/showthread.php?t=13331

12. If, instead, you opt for the 'easy' way out the begin by taking the rubber grommet and placing a bead of silicone all the way around the inner edge where it will rest upon the glass. Place the plug on the hole firmly and hold for a few seconds. It should dry fairly quickly and hold in place. After it has completely dried, spray water over the outside of the hatch around the plug and check the inside to see if any water is leaking. If so, patch up the area with more silicone from the inside.

13. Replace the interior panels in the reverse order that you put them in.

14. Stand back and check out your sexy new hatch.

Last edited by Tnwagn; 01-03-2012, 01:53 PM.

Originally posted by Maple50175
    Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Clean!
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

sweet mod but what about us guys that want to pit a wiper on our cbs?
      <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Yeah...

Looks good. I dont have a wagon, so maybe i "dont know" but why remove it

Id think of it to come in handy...

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
        Originally posted by Jarrett
        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by tommi
          sweet mod but what about us guys that want to pit a wiper on our cbs?
          I would bet that this wiper motor and assembly could be swapped over to the other cb's. The only issue there is that you have to drill a hole in your glass. If you want to do that, be my guest.

Originally posted by greencb7inkc
          Yeah...

Looks good. I dont have a wagon, so maybe i "dont know" but why remove it

Id think of it to come in handy...
          I never use mine So to me it's just another wiper that I have to buy every so often that just sits back there. Plus, the hatch is much cleaner.

Comment

looks clean but I like the use of the rear wiper some times just me but big props to you

Comment

Originally posted by cb9tuner
              looks clean but I like the use of the rear wiper some times just me but big props to you
              When was the last time it rained in socal

Just kidding. I hear you about it being a personal thing.

Comment

but i like my rear wiper......

Ehhh I don't use it much, so I don't have to buy it much

My last rear wiper lasted 3 years
                1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

I wish I had a rear wiper. I cant see shit when it rans.

Comment

Originally posted by ExCoupe92
                    I wish I had a rear wiper. I cant see shit when it rans.
                    Rain FTL. Not even driving the in it, just the rain period. BLEH.

People have talked about rear wipers for the sedan/coupe but I don't think it got far. There was an old thread about it. Maybe some JDM accords had them, don't remember too well.

Comment

Working...
                    X