CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Appearance

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-17-2010, 12:28 AM   #1
royalaccord92
CB7tuner Member

royalaccord92 is cool... so far.
Lotek Shocks/struts Any good?

Hey I found these on ebay they look ok at first glance and I can;t find any bad reviews, but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them or if they would be ok with lowering springs? Thx in advance
royalaccord92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:31 AM   #2
ExplodingCake
Noob Herder

ExplodingCake seems to have made some friends! ExplodingCake seems to have made some friends!
I wouldn't trust them so much. Tein Stech's to match are ok since they have soft spring rates.
Doesn't hurt to try , your call.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:36 AM   #3
royalaccord92
CB7tuner Member

I figured the price was right and i've been reading good things on some of the civic forums and a couple on honda tech. I just know our's our heavier is why I'm checking.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:39 AM   #4
ExplodingCake
Noob Herder

ExplodingCake seems to have made some friends! ExplodingCake seems to have made some friends!
Well it doesn't mean all shocks will have the same valving specifications. Of course Civic shocks will only be valved for the Civic , whilst the Accord shocks get the Accord valving specifications. I was about to buy those for my Civic too since they lay a good price. However, I went for the bigger cheese instead, it's because I was being skeptical about the Lotek.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:42 AM   #5
royalaccord92
CB7tuner Member

Yeah I also see they have a strut/spring combo but it looks super progressive rate.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:43 AM   #6
ExplodingCake
Noob Herder

Ask the seller what are the spring rates.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:50 AM   #7
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Don't buy any cheap no-name shocks or springs. You get what you pay for when it comes to suspension... and your life may depend on it.

Koni STR.Ts are very cheap, and will handle any drop. I would trust a used set of quality springs over a brand new no-name set. Search Craigslist and Ebay for some good springs from Neuspeed, H&R, Eibach, Tein, etc...

A number of shady companies have been hiding links on my site to generate search engine backlinks. Google has caught on, and is now penalizing these companies. Now these companies want ME to remove the links for them. Since they created the links, they may remove them. Hidden in single-pixel images here are links to over a dozen companies that have abused this site, and ignored/refused my instructions to remove their links. Each link found in this signature will be removed as soon as I am notified that all other links to that site are removed from this forum.
deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #8
nine_deuce
CB7tuner Member

nine_deuce is very helpful nine_deuce is very helpful nine_deuce is very helpful
Yeah, I think I'd avoid those. Not sure if I'd wanna buy any thing with a name like "Lotek" there may be a reason they're called that... just saying
nine_deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:02 PM   #9
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
They're probably just rebadged versions of some Chinese knockoff of some cheapie stock replacement brand...

A number of shady companies have been hiding links on my site to generate search engine backlinks. Google has caught on, and is now penalizing these companies. Now these companies want ME to remove the links for them. Since they created the links, they may remove them. Hidden in single-pixel images here are links to over a dozen companies that have abused this site, and ignored/refused my instructions to remove their links. Each link found in this signature will be removed as soon as I am notified that all other links to that site are removed from this forum.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:12 PM   #10
Phate
CB7tuner Member

Phate is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
I would trust a used set of quality springs over a brand new no-name set. Search Craigslist and Ebay for some good springs from Neuspeed, H&R, Eibach, Tein, etc...
A big plus one on this. I got my sportlines for only $40. They are used, but I'd rather run a used set of good springs than brand new Ching Chong Meow parts. You can almost always find a set of lowering springs on CL for our cars. There was also a set of Progress Sport springs for sale as well, but that guy didn't return emails.
Phate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:59 PM   #11
rave93
CB7tuner Member

rave93 is cool... so far.
yeah i saw these on ebay and when i saw lotek, all i thought of was "Low Tech" the price is appealing but i suggest going to amazon and searching there. They got pretty good prices and they are name brand
Old 07-17-2010, 01:07 PM   #12
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

www.neuspeed.com has Koni STR.T for less than most places sell KYB GR2s... which are little more than stock-replacement shocks.

With STR.T prices being what they are, I don't see why ANYONE would get anything else.

That's like having the option to buy a new BMW for $5000, but choosing to go with a Kia for $4995.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:38 AM   #13
The_Oracle
Newcomer

The_Oracle is cool... so far.
Quote:
www.neuspeed.com has Koni STR.T for less than most places sell KYB GR2s... which are little more than stock-replacement shocks.

With STR.T prices being what they are, I don't see why ANYONE would get anything else.

That's like having the option to buy a new BMW for $5000, but choosing to go with a Kia for $4995.

Thanks for the point in that direction Deev. I was about 2 days away from ordering those Lotek's myself, especially since they accepted offers of 149.99 shipped.
The_Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:43 AM   #14
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

When it comes to suspension, you get what you pay for... and since your suspension largely determines how your car reacts in an emergency situation, you do not want cheap crap on there!

STR.Ts will cost you about $100 more... but they'll be much safer, ride much better, last much longer, and they'll have a lifetime warranty.

Old 07-18-2010, 03:16 PM   #15
royalaccord92
CB7tuner Member

Thanks for the info. I thought low-tech too I was just curious if anyone had experience with them but I dont wanna skimp on safety.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:35 PM   #16
ExplodingCake
Noob Herder

"Gotta pay to play"
"You get what you pay for"
"Do it once and do it right"

Follow.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:42 AM   #17
JJenks
Newcomer

JJenks is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rave93 View Post
yeah i saw these on ebay and when i saw lotek, all i thought of was "Low Tech" the price is appealing but i suggest going to amazon and searching there. They got pretty good prices and they are name brand
I was thinking the same thing. glad i found this thread. Can anyone recommend a good non progressive spring with a drop of 2" or 2.5".
JJenks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:56 AM   #18
HardInThePaint
CB7tuner Member

HardInThePaint seems to have made some friends! HardInThePaint seems to have made some friends!
I personally bought the Lotek shocks about 3 months ago cuz I figured I would try them out plus my shocks were shot. If u check out the seller u will see that its the same one that sells the Dropzone products. I had them paired up with my coilovers and about a month and a half into it 3 of them blew. I have a lifetime warranty on them but whats the use of getting somemore when they're are just gonna blow again. Might be an alright OEM replacement but if ur planning on lowering the car I would suggest not. I'm probably the only one on this site thats bought these (and thats not a good thing) and thats my suggestion to u.
HardInThePaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:44 AM   #19
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

At least we have some firsthand experience now! Sucks you wasted your money... but your misfortune will hopefully help the others out, at least!

I searched briefly trying to find a connection between the two. I only found one blog type thing that said how much of a difference lotek and dropzone shocks will make.

Check it out.
http://www.madracingconcepts.com/blo...sion-part-one/

"Suspension has many important benefits for a car, and whether you enjoy racing or just use your car for regular about-town driving it’s a good idea to invest in gas shocks or lower springs to upgrade your current system and to combat wear and tear that happens over time. A pair of Dropzone shocks or LoTek shocks will give your car far greater suspension that will be noticeable in the condition of your car and in the experience of driving.

That’s the first place that you notice the difference with LoTek or Dropzone shocks – the ride. Whereas without suspension you might find yourself bouncing around inside and getting jolted up and down, with a set of LoTek shocks or Dropzone shocks you will find that the car perfectly adapts to the condition of the road and stays at a constant smooth level while you’re driving. This is of course important for anyone intending on using the vehicle for racing (particularly off road racing) as it means that they can keep their eyes on the road ahead of them more easily and so react to obstacles etc."

The part I put in bold cracks me up. Of course this shit is better than nothing! That's like saying "without legs, you would have trouble walking... whereas, with Pete's Peg Legs, you can walk around!"
Old 08-16-2010, 12:27 PM   #20
HardInThePaint
CB7tuner Member

HardInThePaint seems to have made some friends! HardInThePaint seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
The part I put in bold cracks me up. Of course this shit is better than nothing! That's like saying "without legs, you would have trouble walking... whereas, with Pete's Peg Legs, you can walk around!"
That part in bold actually is quite funny now that u put it in those terms. WTF come on as if people are considering not riding on suspension at all?What mostly irritated me was the part about how the shocks (Lotek and Dropzone) claim to be specifically designed for lowered cars. I supposed I should of asked HOW low because they for sure can't handle any significant drop. But like u always say, the only shocks worth it if ur going for a stance like that are Konis. And the fact that I could of buy STR.T's for about $75 more (which isn't a whole lot considering) irritated me even more. But live and learn, I figured I would give them a chance and now we know. So to all those out there that want a review on Dropzone/Lotek shocks (which are one in the same I'm quite sure being that they come from the same seller and both are described exactly the same) I'm telling u to just save up a couple more dollars and get something brand name. It's not worth the hassle trust me.
HardInThePaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: