Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Help with offset/Rims/Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with offset/Rims/Tires

Hello!
    I am looking into buying the xxr 002 rims for my cb7. I see that our cars call for 16/7. The 16/7 only have a 1.5 inch lip and im looking for a bigger lip. So in the case i want to go witht he 16/8. I have my car lowered and a bunch of suspension mods. Can anyone help me out on what offset would be good for this setup. I dont want the tires buldging out to bad. Any help is very appreciated
    Thanks!

+20
    H23A-powered CB7 coming soon.....

Comment

the 002's are +0 in 15/16x8. i would stick in the +10 to +20 range on offset with a x8. I'm running 15x8 +0 on 205/50/15 with full suspension and had to do some moderate fender work, and I'm still rubbin pretty fierce. I am about to start playing with tire sizes. If you go +0 get ready to expirement with camber/tire sizes/fenderwork, cuz you'll need it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeless View Post
        the 002's are +0 in 15/16x8. i would stick in the +10 to +20 range on offset with a x8. I'm running 15x8 +0 on 205/50/15 with full suspension and had to do some moderate fender work, and I'm still rubbin pretty fierce. I am about to start playing with tire sizes. If you go +0 get ready to expirement with camber/tire sizes/fenderwork, cuz you'll need it.
        This guy is 100% right.

Before you start messing with offset, you need to have the proper set-up. I'm personally still on OEM wheels, but I know a lot about suspension work. You need to realize that by running a lower offset, you're going to need tires sooner, fender work, ultra-low profile tires (rough ride), and you're also docking your performance.

0 offset is incredibly low, and on the 002's that's a 3" lip. I ran those on my old Mk2 GTI. They're also 16x8, rather than 16x7, so they're going to stick out more. If I'm right, the tire will be sticking out of the fender around 67mm, or about 2 and a half inches. You'll need to pull your fenders, and roll them (be sure to heat up the paint or it will crack). You'll also need a camber kit, or you'll always be riding bumpy/uneven/not properly aligned. You'll also want to repair any rust that is on the wheel wells, because weather you like it or not, you're going to rub, which can put slashs in the tires if you hit hard enough. Also if you're that low and flushed a bit, the ride will be tolerable at best.

If you want to know any more information about offset, just PM me.

Comment

Thanks guys. I think im going to go with the 16x7. Even know it says its only a 1.5 inch lip if you look at pictures of the rims in 16x7 and 16x8 they still look the same? Im just looking for a decent deep dish rim that will look good on my car. The car is a project already with many many mods and i just bought a integra for my daily so i can swap the engine by december. So rolling fenders and all of that is kind of out of the question because of my tight money situation. The offset is 38 on the 16x7 and if i get decent tires (maybe you guys can suggest some sizes) i think they will sit pretty flush because im going to lower it more now that its not my daily. Thanks again guys!

Comment

Originally posted by HondurrBongs View Post
            0 offset is incredibly low, and on the 002's that's a 3" lip. I ran those on my old Mk2 GTI. They're also 16x8, rather than 16x7, so they're going to stick out more. If I'm right, the tire will be sticking out of the fender around 67mm, or about 2 and a half inches. You'll need to pull your fenders, and roll them (be sure to heat up the paint or it will crack).

when doing a simple roll, heat will help you avoid paint cracking. When pulling though, even with a heat gun and being very careful, once you start pulling you can forget about your paint. its such and extreme fold on the metal that the paint almost ALWAYS splits at the fold. if youre careful you can make it nearly unnoticeable, but it'll still be there.

btw, heres a pic with 15x8 + 0 test fitted:

and heres a pic with camber arms installed, maxed , and fenders pulled:

Last edited by Hopeless; 09-21-2011, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Now that i have looked through it, If i would get the 16x7 they dont really have the deep dish look. So im going to do it the right way if you guys can help me out. Im going to go with the 16x8. I tried to understand offset and it turned out like this So if you guys have the same rims or anything close to them can you tell me the offset. or the best offset i should run. I dont want to much camber, So do i need a camber kit to help these fit, And im guessing from the other posts i will have to roll my fenders to make these fit. I want to have them sit just about flush but i dont want my tires sticks out 2 inches. Really do appreciate the help a lot. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Builtnotbought1 View Post
                Now that i have looked through it, If i would get the 16x7 they dont really have the deep dish look. So im going to do it the right way if you guys can help me out. Im going to go with the 16x8. I tried to understand offset and it turned out like this So if you guys have the same rims or anything close to them can you tell me the offset. or the best offset i should run. I dont want to much camber, So do i need a camber kit to help these fit, And im guessing from the other posts i will have to roll my fenders to make these fit. I want to have them sit just about flush but i dont want my tires sticks out 2 inches. Really do appreciate the help a lot. Thanks!
                basic explanation of wheel offset (click me)

16x8 xxr 002 are +0 offset

anything below +20 will need a fender roll/possibly a pull

if you go below +10 offset you will likely need a camber kit

Theres no way i would have fit my 15x8 +0 wheels without a camber kit.

Comment

What do you guys think about 17 x 8, +25 offset w/ 215/40 tires? I already have a camber kit and my rear fenders rolled. Currently I have 16 x 7 slipstreams +40 offset w/ a 225/45 tire.

I've pm'ed a few people with similar setups but havn't received a response yet.

Comment

Originally posted by 904dr View Post
                    What do you guys think about 17 x 8, +25 offset w/ 215/40 tires? I already have a camber kit and my rear fenders rolled. Currently I have 16 x 7 slipstreams +40 offset w/ a 225/45 tire.

I've pm'ed a few people with similar setups but havn't received a response yet.
                    You'll be okay. It will require a bit of work to make them fit as well as modifying your suspension, but nothing complicated.
                    | Cali Accord Meet | FatFourCustoms | HS4Lyfe

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

Originally posted by scanlessfool View Post
                      You'll be okay. It will require a bit of work to make them fit as well as modifying your suspension, but nothing complicated.
                      Can you elaborate on the bit of work, and modifying the suspension? I just dont want to run spacers. Thank you.

Comment

i got 16x8 +20 w/ 195/50/16..... no camber kit, lowered....it sticks out a bit. no rubbing at all!

Last edited by Minze; 09-22-2011, 01:48 AM.
                        1993 Honda Accord LX
                        2006 Yamaha R6
                        2004 Acura TSX

Comment

Can you elaborate on the bit of work, and modifying the suspension? I just dont want to run spacers. Thank you.
                          Well for starters, you must be "lowered" more than Minze is up above me. You'll definitely have to roll the fenders to optimize tire clearance and you will also have to lower enough to allow the tires to camber and tuck inside your wheel wells. Why do you think you would have to run spacers
                          | Cali Accord Meet | FatFourCustoms | HS4Lyfe

Do It Once, Do It Right!

Comment

I just dont want to run spacers.
                            What do spacers have to do with anything? If the wheels u plan on getting have clearance then there is no need to even talk about spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by Minze View Post
                              i got 16x8 +20 w/ 195/50/16..... no camber kit, lowered....it sticks out a bit. no rubbing at all!

your not rubbing because you still have a fender gap the size of a gorillas fist! if you were lower you'd have issues.
                              "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Working...
                              X