Innovative Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Innovative Mounts

I bought the F to H conversion mounts for our generation accords along with a used m2a4 transmission off of HMO.

I put the tranny mount on the transmission and the stud is literally almost touching the mount. Am I going to have to cut the stud and then rethread it?
    I bought these mounts with the intentions of them being straight forward and not having to modify them at all.

Are there certain tools that i can buy somewhere that can rethread the stud?

Here's a picture:

Thread on a nut, cut the stud down, then back the nut off. The nut fixes whatever threads got messed up with the cutting process. Or you can extract the stud and install a shorter one. Cutting it is free though.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

i got the same kit for my auto to manual swap and what i did was i used a bolt in place of the stud.

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
        Thread on a nut, cut the stud down, then back the nut off. The nut fixes whatever threads got messed up with the cutting process. Or you can extract the stud and install a shorter one. Cutting it is free though.
        100% correct ^^^
        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordcb7ex View Post
          i got the same kit for my auto to manual swap and what i did was i used a bolt in place of the stud.
          In this situation that should be ok, but ordinarily you would always want to use a stud in a tapped aluminum hole. Steel bolts are sharp and very hard compared to the alu and take some material with it every time they are removed.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
            In this situation that should be ok, but ordinarily you would always want to use a stud in a tapped aluminum hole. Steel bolts are sharp and very hard compared to the alu and take some material with it every time they are removed.
            ah good to know this. thanks for the heads up steel ill get a stud off the auto tranny and trim it down some and put that in its place asap.

Comment

Working...
            X