CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner "Off Topic"

Old 03-31-2012, 06:47 PM   #21
pwnprone
Newcomer

pwnprone is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
None of it is really harmful. Some things are typos (like the embarrassing "vtech" ) but for the most part, everything that matters is correct. Some of the focus on intakes, cam timing, etc... can be a bit drawn out, and made to seem far more important than it really is with these engines, but overall it'll give you a very strong understanding of Honda engines. Especially since you're already knowledgeable about engines in general.
good to hear, ty sir!
pwnprone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:51 PM   #22
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
That book is actually how I got my start. I got into the game pretty late, and after reading that book, I knew more than most of the people on the forums I was on. 11 years later, here I am. Still a noob... but I can fake it pretty damn well!

A number of shady companies have been hiding links on my site to generate search engine backlinks. Google has caught on, and is now penalizing these companies. Now these companies want ME to remove the links for them. Since they created the links, they may remove them. Hidden in single-pixel images here are links to over a dozen companies that have abused this site, and ignored/refused my instructions to remove their links. Each link found in this signature will be removed as soon as I am notified that all other links to that site are removed from this forum.
deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #23
SanJoCaF22DrAcc
CB7tuner Member

SanJoCaF22DrAcc is cool... so far.
Since you wrench, then you already know that starting with the basics is a great way to learn about the car. Routine maintinace will get you literlly under the hood and familiar with the components. My first step was picking up a Chiltons and reading through the procedure a few times before jumping in. When I did jump in whatever didn't make sense at the time of reading, came together while doing the repair. Whenever I got stuck after the manual, I would come here to read how people have dealt with similar issues.

A major concern with these cars is the timing belt/balance shaft belts and everything that should be changed while your in that area. Like the water pump and seals. There is no point in modifying unless you get the fundamentals covered.

By the way, welcome to the site. This particular site is a great community as you will notice.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919
SanJoCaF22DrAcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:10 AM   #24
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
A major concern with these cars is the timing belt/balance shaft belts and everything that should be changed while your in that area. Like the water pump and seals. There is no point in modifying unless you get the fundamentals covered.
That much he probably already knows... or at least I'd hope so, since he deals with engines considerably older than ours!

A number of shady companies have been hiding links on my site to generate search engine backlinks. Google has caught on, and is now penalizing these companies. Now these companies want ME to remove the links for them. Since they created the links, they may remove them. Hidden in single-pixel images here are links to over a dozen companies that have abused this site, and ignored/refused my instructions to remove their links. Each link found in this signature will be removed as soon as I am notified that all other links to that site are removed from this forum.
deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:08 PM   #25
Dr. Shuffles
CB7tuner Member

Dr. Shuffles seems to have made some friends! Dr. Shuffles seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Function>Form View Post
Also, this site's search function can be hit or miss. Use google like this...

cb7tuner.com: (enter question/term here)
An even better way:
site:cb7tuner.com {search terms}
I agree, the search engine built into vBulletin sucks. Deever, you might want to take a look at this: http://support.google.com/customsear...n&answer=70308
Dr. Shuffles is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: