CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Parts & Performance > Performance Tech > Forced Induction

Old 04-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #41
evil_demon_01

evil_demon_01 is someone to admire evil_demon_01 is someone to admire evil_demon_01 is someone to admire evil_demon_01 is someone to admire
I know someone on this forum that had a Brand new stock F22A1 and broke a ringland in about 10,000kms. (Any before anyone jumps on the other wagon - It wasn't due to poor tuning)

Fact is: It happens - New or used, Young and dumb, or Old and Wise.
Or any combination of them.

OEM Honda F22Ax, H22Ax, H23Ax, pistons were not designed for turbo applications.

It's a reality; live with it or deal with it.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.
evil_demon_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:34 PM   #42
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
I know someone on this forum that had a Brand new stock F22A1 and broke a ringland in about 10,000kms. (Any before anyone jumps on the other wagon - It wasn't due to poor tuning)

Fact is: It happens - New or used, Young and dumb, or Old and Wise.
Or any combination of them.

OEM Honda F22Ax, H22Ax, H23Ax, pistons were not designed for turbo applications.

It's a reality; live with it or deal with it.
This coming from a person that DID run a stock block turbo successfully for a decent period of time, correct?

A number of shady companies have been hiding links on my site to generate search engine backlinks. Google has caught on, and is now penalizing these companies. Now these companies want ME to remove the links for them. Since they created the links, they may remove them. Hidden in single-pixel images here are links to over a dozen companies that have abused this site, and ignored/refused my instructions to remove their links. Each link found in this signature will be removed as soon as I am notified that all other links to that site are removed from this forum.
deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #43
dj_ender
Mod\Dubstep Pusher

dj_ender seems to have made some friends! dj_ender seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
This coming from a person that DID run a stock block turbo successfully for a decent period of time, correct?
Didn't he also boost a carb'd engine too....?
dj_ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:03 AM   #44
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed. deevergote is damn fine. Damn fine, indeed.
Yep.

A number of shady companies have been hiding links on my site to generate search engine backlinks. Google has caught on, and is now penalizing these companies. Now these companies want ME to remove the links for them. Since they created the links, they may remove them. Hidden in single-pixel images here are links to over a dozen companies that have abused this site, and ignored/refused my instructions to remove their links. Each link found in this signature will be removed as soon as I am notified that all other links to that site are removed from this forum.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #45
evil_demon_01

evil_demon_01 is someone to admire evil_demon_01 is someone to admire evil_demon_01 is someone to admire evil_demon_01 is someone to admire
Quote:
Originally Posted by deevergote View Post
Correct, on a Brand new stock block for about 10,000kms . . . Till it broke a ringland, Swapped in another Brand new block . . .
Nek minnit . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_ender View Post
Didn't he also boost a carb'd engine too....?
Correct.
With the same end result as my "old" Brand New F22

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:15 AM   #46
dj_ender
Mod\Dubstep Pusher

dj_ender seems to have made some friends! dj_ender seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
Correct, on a Brand new stock block for about 10,000kms . . . Till it broke a ringland, Swapped in another Brand new block . . .
Nek minnit . . .

Correct.
With the same end result as my "old" Brand New F22
You like doing things the hard way, eh?
dj_ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:11 AM   #47
tabaccord19
CB7tuner Member

tabaccord19 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danf20bcb7 View Post
But think of it this way, if theyre gonna do it and want to do it even tho they still ask about it and get a bunch of donts, what do you think theyre actually going to do? i was just simply saying that your "EVERY" comment may not be as accurate. Granted ive seen loads of blown engines with the ringlands taken out from boost, nitrous.
I am about to start my engine build and I saw quite a few people said that they ran boost on a stock engine. Pretty much it boils down to whether or not someone can make educated decisions for the future of their car. Whether or not you want to spend all that money to have a car that will run well anywhere from a few hours to a few years. Or going forward and thinking about having (with forged internals) years and not having to wonder if your going to blow your motor while driving to work or picking up your lassie for dinner.

If people take time to research what they are doing and weigh out the pro's and con's well the answer becomes pretty clear. If they don't listen well then that is their choice and may need to reassess their decision making abilities. Who knows they may get lucky but as I have found out with my CB7 they tend to have good days and bad days. You expect one thing and well another happens. At least when you go the safe route instead of a possible fatal route you have the peace of mind that your car is running in a safer and more reliable.

A bit off topic and probably a bit late but just had to say it. Cars are like girlfriends, if you treat them right things stay fine. But if you force things on them they don't like then they will fuck your shit up.
tabaccord19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #48
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabaccord19 View Post
I am about to start my engine build and I saw quite a few people said that they ran boost on a stock engine. Pretty much it boils down to whether or not someone can make educated decisions for the future of their car. Whether or not you want to spend all that money to have a car that will run well anywhere from a few hours to a few years. Or going forward and thinking about having (with forged internals) years and not having to wonder if your going to blow your motor while driving to work or picking up your lassie for dinner.

If people take time to research what they are doing and weigh out the pro's and con's well the answer becomes pretty clear. If they don't listen well then that is their choice and may need to reassess their decision making abilities. Who knows they may get lucky but as I have found out with my CB7 they tend to have good days and bad days. You expect one thing and well another happens. At least when you go the safe route instead of a possible fatal route you have the peace of mind that your car is running in a safer and more reliable.

A bit off topic and probably a bit late but just had to say it. Cars are like girlfriends, if you treat them right things stay fine. But if you force things on them they don't like then they will fuck your shit up.
Very well put indeed!

Old 04-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #49
evil_demon_01

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_ender View Post
You like doing things the hard way, eh?
I did the old carb setup when Jose and MRX were still around, It was years ago when there was much less info available!!

As for my old build, Well it was purely a project car, downtime didn't matter to me, and the parts were pratically free anyway

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Tags
blue smoke , piston rings

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: