CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Audio/Electronics

Old 04-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
oksleeper
CB7tuner Member

oksleeper is cool... so far.
Door speaker suggestions

Does anyone havve suggestions for good, clean sounding, door speakers for a 92 EX with the pastic baffles? I believe they are 4 in but the duals i looked at were poorer quality and had to be cut to fit. Any help would be appreciated
oksleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
lilg4mdalbc
CB7tuner Member

lilg4mdalbc may have said something they shouldn't have...
Well any decent speaker will either have a decent sized magnet, or have to be shallow mount. I suggest you order some speakers online, like at sonicelectronix or amazon or something like that and go with speakers that have good reviews. Or if not, go to best buy, find a speaker you like, and shop for it online. It'll probably, be cheaper. Also, measure how deep the baffle goes in, and when looking for speakers, make sure the mounting depth does not exceed that. As for brand, walmart brands usually suck, I like alpine, but they're pretty expensive(well mine were a gift) other than that, don't know what to tell you. Sorry.
lilg4mdalbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
Quashish
CB7tuner Member

Quashish seems to have made some friends!
Ok I'm glad someone else asked I was going to just check myself probly still will. But I have a 92 usdm ex. This should have 4" speakers in the front doors right? Because I ordered some from amazon that were shallow mount. But then I was like.. Wait... And I checked and searched on here and like at cruchfield too for size and all I got was 5 1/4", 6 1/2", 4". and I know I have 6x9 in the rear because I upgraded. So without having to make a new baffle our anything what size speaker do I need for the front? Because I cancelled my order

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
It all makes sense when i look into her eyes
Quashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
mtnbikaah
Contributing Member

mtnbikaah is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quashish View Post
Ok I'm glad someone else asked I was going to just check myself probly still will. But I have a 92 usdm ex. This should have 4" speakers in the front doors right? Because I ordered some from amazon that were shallow mount. But then I was like.. Wait... And I checked and searched on here and like at cruchfield too for size and all I got was 5 1/4", 6 1/2", 4". and I know I have 6x9 in the rear because I upgraded. So without having to make a new baffle our anything what size speaker do I need for the front? Because I cancelled my order
I suggest taking off your door panel and looking just to make sure.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10
mtnbikaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
cloudasc
Gold Member

cloudasc is someone to admire cloudasc is someone to admire cloudasc is someone to admire
My 91 Coupe LX has 6.5" infinity references (shallow mount) mounted in them. They are fantastic imo. Like already suggested you should remove the door panel and check what size you actually have. In the event you have small speakers you can always see about grabbing door panels that have the larger speakers. Either that or you might have to do some customization to your current panels.
cloudasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
brutalcb7
CB7tuner Member

brutalcb7 is cool... so far.
http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CJIBEPMCMAM

I'd say your best bet. had those in my 91 lx, had to cut out the plastic to make them fit, but it wasnt a problem, really easy installation. i also wasnt able to fit the grill that came on them, but assuming your keeping the door panel grill it wont even matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wed3k View Post
are you serious? thats like blaming the rubber because you didn't get the right size for your dick.
brutalcb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #7
redlined302
CB7tuner Member

redlined302 is cool... so far.
Send a message via AIM to redlined302
I am currently running kenwoods all around. 6x9s in the rear and 6x1/2s in the front and am very much happy with the sound output I am getting and even happier with the bass output in the rear.
redlined302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #8
Soufkackicustom
CB7tuner Member

Soufkackicustom seems to have made some friends! Soufkackicustom seems to have made some friends!
Iam running Memphis pr 3 ways in my doors off a alpine amp. They are andcrisp and clear
Soufkackicustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:44 AM   #9
likwid2u
CB7tuner Member

likwid2u is cool... so far.
it really comes down to personal preference you might have to buy a few different speakers before you can say thats the one
likwid2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #10
Hopeless
CB7tuner Member

Hopeless is cool... so far.
when i had my accord, i was running Alpine Type S components infront and 6x9s in back (i had a 92 coupe ex)

IMO type s's are some of the cleanest sounding, best bangs for the buck.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #11
LastToBrake
CB7tuner Member

LastToBrake seems to have made some friends! LastToBrake seems to have made some friends!
I've always been a big fan of Eclipse everything.

But then I also tear the stereo out of most cars. Motor sounds are better than anything.
LastToBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #12
brutalcb7
CB7tuner Member

brutalcb7 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
when i had my accord, i was running Alpine Type S components infront and 6x9s in back (i had a 92 coupe ex)

IMO type s's are some of the cleanest sounding, best bangs for the buck.
type s are a good alternative to the type r's. either way i would highly suggest having an amp behind any aftermarket speakers if you want the full potential of the sound. also tweeters never hurt anyone. thats why i suggested the type r link in my earlier post. you get the crossovers 2 speakers and 2 tweeters. btw do you have any current aftermarket stereo equipment installed in the car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wed3k View Post
are you serious? thats like blaming the rubber because you didn't get the right size for your dick.
brutalcb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #13
blkf22
CB7tuner Member

blkf22 is cool... so far.
My grl just bought me the JBL power series 2- 6x9" for the rear, 2- 6-1/2" for the front for my birthday. Going to install them this weekend

I would just go to a store and check them out. Your taste might be different from my taste. I chose JBL cause my dad has them in his camaro and they rock you get clean sound with a deep bass.
blkf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #14
ssondubs
CB7tuner Member

ssondubs is cool... so far.
Make sure your Amp/Radio are also in good working order. I had a old radio in my CB that made the infinity door speakers sound pathetic...I learned that the best speaker set in the world wouldn't sound good if it's got a sh!tty amp/radio to start with...just keep that in mind too.

Last edited by ssondubs; 04-13-2012 at 06:46 PM.
ssondubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #15
blkf22
CB7tuner Member

blkf22 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssondubs View Post
Make sure your Amp/Radio are also in good working order. I had a old radio in CB that made the infinity door speakers sound pathetic...I learned that the best speaker set in the world wouldn't sound good if it's got a sh!tty amp/radio to start with...just keep that in mind too.
Good point without a good radio and amp your speakers are will be crapped at a certain volume.
blkf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #16
BIGRICH
Heywood Jablome

BIGRICH seems to have made some friends! BIGRICH seems to have made some friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkf22 View Post
Good point without a good radio and amp your speakers are will be crapped at a certain volume.
not necessarily......i am running a pioneer with hertz dieci 6.5 components and dieci 6.5 coaxs.....they are more efficient than any speaker i have sold or heaard. radio power to them is like amps to any other. they are the best sounding speaker made imho.
BIGRICH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #17
Cb_JoeyG
Contributing Member

Cb_JoeyG is cool... so far.
I got hertz and love um!

The Coupe^
And The Wagon
Cb_JoeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:32 AM   #18
docscb7
CB7tuner Member

docscb7 is cool... so far.
all great brands and suggestions. I just install my door speakers and they fit and sound awesome. Im running Infinity ref. components in the front. the issue im having is rolling my windows down all the way. my drives side window is now popping off track but i have clearance to ad a 1/4" gasket to fix this. so like everyone has said shop around and find out what you like. if you end up likeing jbl, harmon, or infinity you can go to myharmon.com and get some killer deals all with free shipping.
docscb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:48 AM   #19
ILLCB7
CB7tuner Member

ILLCB7 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
Iam running Memphis pr 3 ways in my doors off a alpine amp. They are andcrisp and clear
What size speakers are you running?
ILLCB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #20
oksleeper
CB7tuner Member

oksleeper is cool... so far.
You've been a help, Thanks a bunch
oksleeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: