CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Image Gallery

Old 07-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
Scoot
Newcomer

Scoot is cool... so far.
Bodywork Done...

First time doing bodywork, so don't be harsh. I included that last picture because I posted in a thread about water getting into a members trunk. I found my problem was one of the plugs was missing. One is above the muffler, on the inside of where one side of the bumper mounts. The other one is direcly across from it on the opposite side. I just tacked mine so it wouldn't get water in it.
Anyway, now that I have the pics figured out I will post pics of my ride asap.
Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
illinois_erik
CB7tuner Member

illinois_erik is very helpful illinois_erik is very helpful illinois_erik is very helpful
good job man, if the rear quarters are looking like that, you might want to probe with a screwdriver in the wheel well in front of the wheels, you might find its paper thin there. did you use tiger hair for your repair, ill be doing pretty much the same thing and using that and final coat with regular bondo, mine is so bad that i might have to rivet in some metal or use fiberglass as a base and tigerhair/bondo over that.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
The body work is done for the next year and a half. That much Bondo is never good. I would have used patch panels from a better condition Accord or aftermarket replacement.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
Scoot
Newcomer

Scoot is cool... so far.
It looks worse than it really is. I agree I should have used some patch panels but this was all done in a hurry because my inspection was going to run out. Plus, all the cb's around here are rusted out in the same spot so i'm shit outta luck. I got lucky. This is ALL the rust on my car and i'm in Nova Scotia. Anyway, I'm going to post some other pictures soon, but theres not much to show. Right now she's pretty much factory.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
Scoot
Newcomer

Scoot is cool... so far.
And in my defense, theres not alot of body fill in that thisd picture. It's mostly primer before I put the paint on...
Old 07-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
1990exr
CB7tuner Member

1990exr is cool... so far.
How'd ya make out with the ns mvi?
1990exr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
1990[H]accordex
CB7tuner Member

Location: Canada, Nova Scotia, Guysbrough/Truro (Second home)
1990[H]accordex is cool... so far.
good work on the quarters, i myself had to replace mine 3 years ago, nice to see yet another cb7 in nova scotia....
1990[H]accordex is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: