Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
    Straight Success, thanks man. Still have many more years before it's where I want it.
    I'm in the same boat. Keep pushing forward.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Purchased an Innovative Prelude traction bar so I can finally install this bad boy. Washed it the other day so when it heats up it should hopefully still look good. Also big thanks to illinois_erik for selling me the triangle exhaust flange I needed to make this all a bolt up affair.

Planning on picking up a Prosport wideband gauge soon after getting the header in. Once that's taken care of I'll probably pick up a P28 and get this thing tuned.

Comment

That Rocket Bunny spoiler looks so badass on there, fucking love it!'
        This is a great build, keep it up. How are those solid shifter bushings from TWM? Looking in to those myself along with the new Cheddas Auto Short Shifter that they are coming out with.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Thanks! Took a bit of a risk using the spoiler but it turned out great. The TWM bushings definitely make everything feel more solid and connected. I saw the Cheddas shifter; it looks great but I feel like I'd want a review or an opinion from someone with one before I looked into getting one myself.

Here are some new photos of the progress:

Received and installed the Prelude Innovative traction bar and header on Monday. I actually really like the design of the traction bar and, after the fact, prefer it over the ESP design. I had to remove the right side cooling fan and unbolt the slave cylinder to get the header in but it clears everything. In the above picture you can see it's close to the A/C line but it's no closer than the Megan Racing header was. You can also see the adapter pipe I made to have everything still be a bolt in affair. I had to have a different o2 bung welded on the header for the stock sensor so that it would clear the steering rack and subframe. The header ended up turning a really nice gold color and the car revs a decent bit smoother now. I can definitely feel more mid range torque and the car took on a different sound under load that I quite like. Last night I finished installing my wideband gauge. Soon it will be time for a chipped ECU and a tune (and a repainted valve cover).

Comment

I see radius rods but no traction bar in the first pic. Do you have a pic of the full installed traction bar that you can post pretty please?
            *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
            ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
            ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
            "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
            The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
            Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
              I see radius rods but no traction bar in the first pic. Do you have a pic of the full installed traction bar that you can post pretty please?
              HA! good eye, I didn`t even notice till I read this... lol well at least I pointed you in the right direction...lol

AOM->April 2014

Comment

Here's the best picture I could get given the circumstances. I can get a better one next oil change if you want.

Also got the car on the dyno. Really happy with the numbers.

Comment

WooT! WooT! Nice bro! This is just stock 22 with bolt on`s?

AOM->April 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
                    Here's the best picture I could get given the circumstances. I can get a better one next oil change if you want.
                    All right, that looks excellent. However, since there is no provision for the front torque mount, I have to ask how the ride is when launching from a dig?
                    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Pretty much DanCan. Everything is stock internally. The only thing I would consider not a bolt on would be matching the throttle opening on the intake manifold.

af_1132, I haven't quite given it the full beans on a dig but I've had situations that required getting moving quickly and every time I lost traction it was extremely smooth and consistent. If you didn't hear the tires you'd think you hadn't lost traction.

Comment

Managed to work in a few things this weekend. Installed a "new" lip, the origin of which I do not know. Also found out my ignition timing was almost 3-4 degrees retarded so I fixed that today. What a difference. The next mod will either be a Cusco strut bar or some aero catch hood pins. All depends on how much is left over after bills and rebuilding the trucks motor.

Sorry for the shitty pictures.
                        Last edited by Mike1357; 03-09-2015, 10:03 PM.

Comment

The greddy lip and this lip are more aggressive, fits better with the canards. Wasn`t flowing well with the legend lip, IMO. Looking good bro.

AOM->April 2014

Comment

The legend lip was just temporary (better than no lip) until I could get the GReddy repaired or buy a new one. The GReddy is out getting repaired now but the guy is taking his time. Already had 3 promise dates pass by.

Comment

Where'd you get the new lip? I like it

Bought from:AbsurdNY,92smokeaccord,cb7inct,nevi325,xkjnboix,cb 7resurrector,JoshM

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203451

Comment

I got it from Juice21. He basically just said, "Here, put this on your car." I have no idea what car it's originally from or what brand it is. I think it may be for a CD5.

Comment

Working...
                                X