Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

K20 pistons (you bet!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K20 pistons (you bet!)

86 mm bore
    .827 wrist pin diameter
    1.181 compression height

the bore fits, the compression height is a wee shorter, my stock piston measured out to 1.217" but my rod is 1.5mm taller.

im going to have to order an extra set of prelude/accord wrist pins so that i can bore the K20 piston wrist pin out (stock is .869)

Mahle 12:5.1 here i come! after i do a little bit of research and make sure it fits with no problems

oh with vertical gas ports too
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Im diggin your NA Build Y0!

Comment

hmm... i'm liking the sound of this build

i'll b keeping my eye on this

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
      My Ride thread
      Flickr
      Originally posted by d112crzy
      And it can only get better. That's the best part.
      All I gotta really say is:
      People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Yeah I was playing with this idea in case I ever did a basic bottom end build. That keeps you from having to swap out the rest of the rotating assembly. But in my case I would just go with the factory K20A2 pistons. They're cheap which I like and for the simple fact that it would go in a daily driver. Let us know how it goes.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

i could never really source oem k20 pistons, plus i want the coating and the bragging rights Mahle
          I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
            plus i want the coating and the bragging rights Mahle
            i couldn't argue w/ you on dat lol

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
            My Ride thread
            Flickr
            Originally posted by d112crzy
            And it can only get better. That's the best part.
            All I gotta really say is:
            People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

thank you for doing the dirtywork, pioneer.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

wes u always seem to amaze me! N/A!!!!! if ya ever need my A1 block for parts, its all yours!
                Project M3 - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157903
                -(B-Pillar Bar Originator)-

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
                  thank you for doing the dirtywork, pioneer.
                  not really a pioneer, the issue has been addressed before and its not like i have the motor running right now

i just made some measurements and i got the idea from jay at blacktrax through greencb7.

thanks for the offer eric!
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                    not really a pioneer, the issue has been addressed before and its not like i have the motor running right now

i just made some measurements and i got the idea from jay at blacktrax through greencb7.

thanks for the offer eric!
                    And jei got the info from "dirty rice" from bullrun as he supposedly is running this setup, he stop by there shop a few weeks ago. We talked about it, this might be the next affordable power. Jei said he may try this cuz he has an extra f-block in storage, hes really busy with shop though

I would try this but don't have the funds, i'll wait for wes and build mine in 2years lol
                    Last edited by BB6-SH; 08-21-2007, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by green cb7
                      And jei got the info from "dirty rice" from bullrun as he supposedly is running this setup, he stop by there shop a few weeks ago. We talked about it, this might be the next affordable power. Jei said he may try this cuz he has an extra f-block in storage, hes really busy with shop though

I would try this but don't have the funds, i'll wait for wes and build mine in 2years lol
                      maybe if i can build a better motor than J, he can hire me!
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

I def have to see this build in person. I might have some H work once i swap if you can help me out.....DO you kno how to change cams?
                        Cali.Dumps.Harder.

Comment

Originally posted by FuncOvrForm
                          I def have to see this build in person. I might have some H work once i swap if you can help me out.....DO you kno how to change cams?
                          personal preference here but i like to change cams with the dampener off so that i can perfectly line the timing belt up. dont want to assume anything because piston to valve contact isnt anything nice.
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

I proposed this idea on H-T a while back. It has been done with great results on an F23 (already 86mm, already a floating wrist pin). I think the guy made 170-180whp, i can't find the link because h-t is down right now.

Not to shoot down your ideas, but have you thought about the differences in valve relief angles. Meaning....the angle and placement of the valves in the head, corresponds with the valve reliefs in the piston. If someone were to pick up some k20a2 pistons for cheap it would be worth trying, since F22's are cheap as hell. BUT when you are going to use aftermarket forged pistons anyways why would you want to use a piston that's designed for a completely different head/motor?
                            H.S.A.E.

90 CRX Si - gutted, caged, Bisi F2d kit, close ratio LSD trans, F22A6 - under construction

99 civic LX - y8 head and trans, lowered, blowing cold AC, and getting 35mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by hatchninja
                              I proposed this idea on H-T a while back. It has been done with great results on an F23 (already 86mm, already a floating wrist pin). I think the guy made 170-180whp, i can't find the link because h-t is down right now.

Not to shoot down your ideas, but have you thought about the differences in valve relief angles. Meaning....the angle and placement of the valves in the head, corresponds with the valve reliefs in the piston. If someone were to pick up some k20a2 pistons for cheap it would be worth trying, since F22's are cheap as hell. BUT when you are going to use aftermarket forged pistons anyways why would you want to use a piston that's designed for a completely different head/motor?
                              F22 head on F23 block here I come.
                              Gary A.K.A. Carter
                              [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Working...
                              X