EXT: door replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXT: door replacement

WHATEVER U DO,,,, U DO IT ON UR OWN RISK.

my door lanch broke. so the door won't open. all the handles worked fine but the lanch did't open. broke off the inside of the door and broke off a little piece of the door and broke off the metalic box where the lanch is. and open the door.

here is another view of that piece of shit.

ok here are the tools. lol more or less. lol

u gona need these parts to start.
    door
    i have two. one old and one a old(new) lol junk yard one.

there is a pic of the driver's side fender. don't mind that for now.

here is how u start.

1. take off the driver's side fender.
    now on the ex this was a pain to take off.
    there are 3 #10 bolts on top of the fender.(got to open hood)
    then take off the turn signal. u got bolts there too. u gona have to take off two screws that hold the bumer near the wheel. and the screw that holds the bumber cover(screw is plastic so be careful wit it,, i broke mine.)
    after u do this take off the bolt that is on the bottom of the fender next to the door. the bolt is covered by the side scirts so u got to work u way around it with a screw driver.
    then take off the two things that go from the turn signal base to the fender.

then u got to take off the black thing that is located near the wheel. this is where the two screws go to hold the bumer stright. across from the wheel.
    u gona need a vicecrean to get a grip to this bolt because the screw driver won't open it.

here is how it looks

take the fender off. now u got to play with it a little bit so it can clear everything that holds it.

2. take the door off.
    u got 4 #12 bolts that hold the door to the car. be careful while u take them off. someone has to hold the door. THE DOOR IS VERY HEAVY. so be carful.

BE CAREFUL.
    u got about 27 wires hanging. DO NOT CUT THEM.
    well i did because i didn't know shit that there were plugs already in the door.

here are the wires that come from the car

THIS IS FOR THE ONE WHO CUT THE WIRES
    there are two grups of wires.
    1. group is with 12 wires. there are two wires that have the same colour. blue with a green line or the other way around. just conect them with the corresponding wiires and u good to go..

2. and another group with 15 wires.
    Last edited by alb_accord; 09-28-2004, 08:43 PM.
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

here is what u car should look with everything that u need to take off the car.

THIS IS FOR THE GUYS WHO DON'T CUT THE WIRES LOL
    if u take off everyting from the door.glass widow,,, motor with the control arms,, and take off the two #10 bolts(one on each side of the door) tha control the way where the widow goes up and down. u gona be able to followe the wires that go on the bottom of the door then go on a black box then out of the door.

take off the black box and pull all the wires out of the door. take ur time with it... after u got everyting off the door u good to go to the next step.
    here is what the wires and the plug looks like.

now this should be conected with the wires that come off the car. but i cut them off(this is my big fuck up)

anyway. the next step is to change off the outer handle. <<<< lol this is because u have to use the same key to open the new door.

take off the 3 screws that hold the lock mechanism in the door.
    than take off the 2 #10 bolts that hold the handle in the door.
    take off the little metal thing that is conected to the key mechanism. u gone need a flat screw driver for this.
    then taking ur time take off the handle off the door with the metal thing that goes to the handle still attached to it.
    after u clear the door unscrew the door handle. make sure u count how many times u move the door hadle off the metal that goes to the locking mechanism.

put the old door handle with the key mechanism in it. put everything back the way u took it out.

put the door in and make sure that everything works propely.
    and u good to go.

UPDATE. READ THIS:
    ok in this section i talked about two wires that were the same. well it turns out that u got to find the right wire to conect. one wire is for the right powred mirrows and one wires is probably for a speaker.
    MAKE SURE THAT U CONECTED THE RIGHT WIRE. OTHERWISE U GONA HAVE PROBLEMS ON MOVING THE RIGHT MIRROW AND THE HEADUNIT WILL STOP WHILE U DO THAT. LOL.
    GOOD LUCK
    Last edited by alb_accord; 10-07-2004, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Dang, this could have helped me like a month ago... Someone tried to break into my sisters cb7 (prolly to try and get the cd player, which was worth like 20 bucks... pisses me off..) and messed up the door all around the handle. I had to get door from junkyard and replace. I had no idea what I was doing, just went with the flow and took a lot longer than it really should have.

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

WOW yours looked like a pain in the a$$ all i had to do is take off the old door plug in the new one put a few washers in so it would line up right and tighten and my door is good as new i even fond the same color

1966 Chevy Nova
        1974 Super Beetle
        2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
        2004 Honda Element
        2004 Honda Ruckus
        2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
        www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment

well dude if urs its a dx model than u good to go. if u have lx or ex then be prepared for a lot of work. because lx and ex have powered mirrows, power windows, and power locks. lots and lots of wires. hahahhah.

Comment

mine is an EX and its was easy as can be

1966 Chevy Nova
            1974 Super Beetle
            2012 Ford Super Cobra Jet
            2004 Honda Element
            2004 Honda Ruckus
            2003 Honda Ruckus

www.weezoonline.com
            www.facebook.com/weezoonline

Comment