CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 12-31-2014, 11:05 AM   #1
Pudgy
Newcomer

Pudgy is cool... so far.
Question Need Help

Okay so I dropped a f23a in my cb7 and i wanted to know what ecu is best to run on it that'll have my vtec funtioning perfectly.
Pudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 12:02 PM   #2
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
The usual method of doing any modification includes figuring most of the key obstacles out prior to actually going through with the work.

However, since you've done the work, I'll help you out. Be forewarned that for some unknown reason, anytime someone asks for help on this swap or the F22B1 it almost always results in them arguing with the answers given and creating new threads seeking new help. That said, this has been covered MANY times already as a quick search would have uncovered.

There is no correct ECU for this application. Your closest OBD1 ECU is the P0A from a '94-'95 Honda Accord EX. That engine has an intake manifold with much less volume, a milder camshaft and a head that doesn't flow quite as well. It won't be a perfect fit, but it's the best thing there is. Besides that option you can elect to go with a tuned P06 or P28 if those has been chipped and have the necessary features added (VTEC in the case of the P06). Pins A6 and A11 will need to be switched at the ECU plug as they are flipped internally within that ECU.

As for electronics, you should have used your F22A wiring harness as well as the distributor. The issue that you'll run into is the IACV. You should purchase an adapter such as the one sold by Rosko Racing to adapt your CB's 2-wire IACV to the F23A intake manifold. To can either use the F22A injectors or the F23A injectors assuming you delete the resistor box. That is covered at length on this site so please search for that information. The necessary VTEC wires can be salvaged from the F23A engine harness and added to the F22A harness.

I'm interested to know what you did for the driver's side engine mount bracket as some modification is needed to get it to fit in there perfectly.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:32 PM   #3
deevergote
Don't call me dude.

deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool... deevergote . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to deevergote
In the future, please use a descriptive thread title. Had Jarrett not taken the time to help you as much as he did, I'd have deleted your thread.

deevergote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 05:56 AM   #4
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
Sometimes I think the same thing. I don't realize until afterward that I answered something with a title that will be useful in zero search results and I think, "That was a waste of time."

I was caught off guard by a poster that had actually done work instead of just talking about it, I guess.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:04 PM   #5
Pudgy
Newcomer

Pudgy is cool... so far.
Yeah, sorry I'm kinda new to doing forums.
Pudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 10:53 PM   #6
jamz720
CB7tuner Member

jamz720 is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
The usual method of doing any modification includes figuring most of the key obstacles out prior to actually going through with the work.

However, since you've done the work, I'll help you out. Be forewarned that for some unknown reason, anytime someone asks for help on this swap or the F22B1 it almost always results in them arguing with the answers given and creating new threads seeking new help. That said, this has been covered MANY times already as a quick search would have uncovered.

There is no correct ECU for this application. Your closest OBD1 ECU is the P0A from a '94-'95 Honda Accord EX. That engine has an intake manifold with much less volume, a milder camshaft and a head that doesn't flow quite as well. It won't be a perfect fit, but it's the best thing there is. Besides that option you can elect to go with a tuned P06 or P28 if those has been chipped and have the necessary features added (VTEC in the case of the P06). Pins A6 and A11 will need to be switched at the ECU plug as they are flipped internally within that ECU.

As for electronics, you should have used your F22A wiring harness as well as the distributor. The issue that you'll run into is the IACV. You should purchase an adapter such as the one sold by Rosko Racing to adapt your CB's 2-wire IACV to the F23A intake manifold. To can either use the F22A injectors or the F23A injectors assuming you delete the resistor box. That is covered at length on this site so please search for that information. The necessary VTEC wires can be salvaged from the F23A engine harness and added to the F22A harness.

I'm interested to know what you did for the driver's side engine mount bracket as some modification is needed to get it to fit in there perfectly.

My god man you covered all the basics good loiking out.
jamz720 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecu , f23a , vtec

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: