Air conditioning delete question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
    2 key points here, DO NOT yank the dash, just the glove box! I've always removed the evap. core and taped/sealed up the box w/ metal repair or HVAC tape. Works great, it's free and no loss of air velocity coming out of the vents IMO
    If anything you'll get more pressure out of the vents without that evap in the way huh?

Comment

^Exactly. I've seen quite a few setups where the evap was left in, it'd be best to remove it. Some have said that they would prefer the DX duct to boost velocity but what was wrong w/ the A/C box to begin w/? I've never tried the DX duct though

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
        ^Exactly. I've seen quite a few setups where the evap was left in, it'd be best to remove it. Some have said that they would prefer the DX duct to boost velocity but what was wrong w/ the A/C box to begin w/? I've never tried the DX duct though
        At this stage of the game I'm not going to use hvac tape although I does sound like it would work. I tossed out all of my old a/c parts so the dx duct is a must. Good tip for not taking out the dash but for me I am a little past that point if you can tell. ROFL

Comment

I feel your pain ^

Comment

Working...
          X