Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I'm new and this is my story - WITH PICTURES!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new and this is my story - WITH PICTURES!

Hello everyone, finally. I've been lurking here for quite some time but never got around to registering. Now that my car is temporarily out of commission, I am bored, and decided to register and break the silence, so to speak.

Up until now, at the age of 22, I never needed a drivers license because of the epic public transit we have here in Montreal. However getting a job here is very difficult if you dont speak french. Long commutes would soon become part of my work life.

A friend of mine decided to give me, for free, his old CB7. Its a 1990 Accord EX (canadian, so I guess the equivalent of the LX). He was half way thru repainting it when he was struck with health problems. The whole car spiderwebbed and cracked.

Anyway, I spend nearly 6 months on rust, fiberglass, putty, primer, paint, clear. I didnt like the color so I ended up spending a lot changing it from the puke tan color to a dark blue. Honda Eternal Blue to be exact.

The guy who gave it to me kept very good mechanical care of it, and used it mainly for testing alarms and audio systems, as that was his career at the time.

In the time I was working on it, I managed to fix the horribly, horribly rusted rear panels, change out the factory radio and speakers, which were shredded beyond recognition, replace the dash clock, replace the flex pipe, break two of the three bolts of the exhaust manifold then fix that, repaint the whole car, fix a leak in the gas line, another leak in the oil pan, and some other minor effects. When I decided to get my license, the car was in a condition relatively close to that of the day it was purchased. All that's left is the speed sensor, which is on it's way now from eBay.

Yesterday I suffered a horrible mechanical failure. It's no secret that Quebec has the worst roads in Canada, with pothole-dodging becoming a national sport, as well as falling overpass-dodging. They seemed to take a silent toll on my ball joints, though. And yesterday, one let go as I was rounding a corner. The car dropped to the ground and grinded to a dusty halt. I sat inside for a good ten minutes, just afraid to go outside and have a look. It turned out to be minor. The ball joint let go, and pulled the driveaxle out, tearing up the boot and throwing bearings in every direction. The wheel got wedged under the car. Luckily I was on my own street, and not flying down the highway. It cost $65 for a tow up the hill to my driveway, and will cost another $50 or so for parts.

So now I'm sitting around unable to drive anywhere, wondering what I'm going to do today.

Anyway PICTURES!

This is what it looked like when I got it. The insert is a closeup of the paint.

After rust removal, there was little metal left.

Extreme fiberglassing

All done this side

And after painting and reassembly

Now that the car is somewhat finished being made driveable.. what to do to make it more pretty.... ?

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

I wanna see more pics of what it is now, lol.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
    I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

I only have one more picture of it finished, cause after it was done I was too busy driving it to take pictures. Also I sold my camera to pay for insurance. But I'll take more pics soon, after they finish digging up my street and I get a car wash.

As you can see, stock everything.
      [edit] also the power antenna is the factory original, and it still works fine ^_^
      Last edited by stevediraddo; 10-18-2009, 12:04 PM.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Absolutely beautiful. Love the color.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
        I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Welcome. I like the color.

Comment

Welcome to the site! I can see you've got a lot of love for her, and don't mind putting in some wok time. It looks to me like your exhaust tips and maybe a couple of tires caught some overspray?

Comment

oh yeah i got a little paint in places i didnt mean to.. well the exhaust tips are not a big deal.. actually the girlfriend likes it for some reason. when i was painting the inside of the doors however i forgot to tape up the lock button tab thingies. now it looks a little odd with the interior purple and the lock buttons dark blue.

[edit] by the way, love the pic in your sig!

Comment

looks gud
                nice job bro!

Comment

Originally posted by stevediraddo View Post
                  oh yeah i got a little paint in places i didnt mean to.. well the exhaust tips are not a big deal.. actually the girlfriend likes it for some reason. when i was painting the inside of the doors however i forgot to tape up the lock button tab thingies. now it looks a little odd with the interior purple and the lock buttons dark blue.

[edit] by the way, love the pic in your sig!
                  Thanks! It's about time fora new one, I just haven't decided what to do yet.

Comment

You are now on the Canadian CB7tuner member list:

Quebec Member #23 here

welcome the paint job is beautiful.
                    DEVOTE

Comment

Nice car,,,go Sens go!

SOLD!!
                      Boosted H22
                      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

wow talk about Reborn!...Nice freakin' job buddy! That was skill! If you can do that!...then dam! you can make anything purdy hahaha

*Needs*
                        -New shocks
                        -Struts
                        -Drop
                        -Cleaning
                        -New Tires/Wheels
                        -New Window Tint
                        -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

tee hee! thanks guys! right now im trying to get the wheel back on... damn ball joint.. then later on down the road i will try out some aftermarket parts and mods and whatnot.. a body kit, tints, and a drop perhaps..

Comment

Originally posted by Ander View Post
                            Absolutely beautiful. Love the color.
                            X2! And the badge-less rear end!
                            1990 Accord EX

Comment

Nice car and excellent work. Car looks really good.

'90 Accord EX(project)
                              '88 CRX SI(DD)-SOLD
                              '95 Prelude SIVTEC-SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X