No announcement yet.

EXT: Fixing Noisy/Loose Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my passenger window only rattles when its all the way down. should i order that part? or is there another fix i should do for it?

Member Ride Facebook
    XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
    SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
    For Sale Thread

Comment

i gotta try this shit, my car rattles when i shut the door or when im at a stop light thanks for the write up

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
        my passenger window only rattles when its all the way down. should i order that part? or is there another fix i should do for it?
        Roll the window down half way, and then get out and look at it from the outside, and wiggle it back and forth. Look at the pin guide, and see if it is loose (it should be really tight with the window). It may wiggle a little in the track, but basically, you want the pin kit to be so tight that you cant turn it (then it wont give you that rattle).

It is also possible that the bottom of the panel could be wiggling around, due to missing rubber guide tracks or loose window regulator. You can usually find the rubber tracks on the inside of the door at the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by reidc

BTW- is there a part number for the rubber strip that goes over the screws on the back edge of the window(that piece ya gotta peel off to get the 3 screws)? Mine flew off on the highway today.
          Check on www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and see if you can find a part number for it.

When putting mine back in, I used a dab of black gasket sealer so it would keep it in place but not be stuck there forever. Dont know if thats in the first post or not.

Comment

alright thanks, ill take a look on my next day off. i appreciate the help

Member Ride Facebook
            XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
            SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
            For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212
              nice ill be doin it soon thanks
              this seems to be for a coupe. later.
              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                this seems to be for a coupe. later.
                Yeah, sedans do not come with the pin guide since the windows are a bit smaller in the sedan.

Comment

you are GOD for this write up, i guess i can go to honda and ask for the pin kit? was it excesively expensive considering its so minor or is it cheap like it should be, deeve will tell you that my shit rattles all the time, window up down, just down a little, when i close the door, im giving you a gold star for the day, because i learned something new, thank alot

-sean
                  Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                  Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX
                    you are GOD for this write up, i guess i can go to honda and ask for the pin kit? was it excesively expensive considering its so minor or is it cheap like it should be, deeve will tell you that my shit rattles all the time, window up down, just down a little, when i close the door, im giving you a gold star for the day, because i learned something new, thank alot

-sean
                    haha, the writeup has been up for quite some time.

but the door kit shouldnt be too expensive even if you go to the dealer, and I would hope that they would have one in stock.

Comment

Thanks for the write-up. Someone pried off the outer cap on my driver's window, pried the window away, and stole my head-unit this weekend. I'll use the write-up to replace the pin.

At least they didn't break the window.

Comment

i assume its the same setup for a dx, just minus the motor correct?

Comment

man, try to explain window pin kit to a 16yr old parts guy!! write up helped out lots, thanks!!

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks for the writeup. It was very helpful in getting everything back on track, so to speak.

Comment

Glad it has helped..

And it should be the same for a DX.

Comment

Hey thanks for the write up I just post this a few days ago. I guess I need to look a little harder since I wasn't look for it now. But took my car in to dealer a few years ago for them to fixes it and ut last for a few months and I don't think they did all of that. So thanks..................

Comment

Working...
                                X