Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Evolution flywheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evolution flywheels

My question is are Evolution flywheels pre-balanced? The reason I ask is I purchased one from a very reputable shop and it very clearly has a heavy side. I can see this by mounting it on a spindle, spinning it and the same part will always face down. It will even roll backwards to get that spot down. I asked them if it was normal and they said DO NOT BALANCE THE FLYWHEEL!!!, but did not explain why its heavy sided. I find it odd to be that way unless it supposed to have a heavy side for some reason. I just put together this engine and I really dont want everything trashed so any input will be greatly appreciated.

I've never heard of that brand before.

Comment

I wouldn't trust a metal object spinning at high rpms that seemed to have more weight on one side compared to another. I'd get something else if you wanted a lighter flywheel.

Comment

Well I bought it through Bisimoto and he came highly recommended, when I asked them about it, it was one of their salespeople that replied. I have heard of some engines being externally balanced meaning its done with the flywheel or flexplate, just not sure about our engines.

Comment

I'm quite sure that our engines are internally balanced. Still, it does seem odd that the flywheel would have a heavy side.
          And yeah, Bisimoto wouldn't sell a cheapie brand, that I know for sure (that was what I meant by never hearing of it before... I figured it may be a low-quality brand.)

Although, I don't believe our oddly shaped pressure plates are all that balanced either. Perhaps we really don't need perfect balance.

Comment

I guess maybe I should just try them again and ask them to be a lil more specific as to why to not balance it. About the pressure plate though, even with it bolted on its still heavy in the same spot. I really hope this thing isn't cheap quality b/c I paid a lot more than I could have gotten a cheapy for. Ill try them again and post the response. Thanks for the help anyways

Comment

I'm not sure how much you paid for that flywheel but whatever you spent on it probably was near enough for a Fidenza.

Comment

I had a Bisimoto 8.9lbs flywheel I ordered through him. Evolution was stamped on the flywheel and all the packaging said Evolution as well.

Honestly though, if you got it through Bisimoto and it feels off, give him a ring and ask.
                3 CB's gone....
                1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

If that flywheel is sold by Bisimoto, I'd be willing to bet it's higher quality than Fidanza... or at least should be.

Comment

This is the exact one I purchased here. I sent them another email and am waiting reply. http://bisimoto.com/store/index.php?...roducts_id=142

Comment

well i guess if it's good enough for Bisimoto, then it's good enough for everyone else on here.

I'll retract my statement about using Fidenza instad.

Comment

Day one waiting for a reply from bisimoto. no response.

Comment

Originally posted by ravenexi View Post
                          Day one waiting for a reply from bisimoto. no response.
                          Did you call him or PM him? If you PM'd him.....you would be better off calling him.

Honestly.
                          3 CB's gone....
                          1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Bisi himself is rarely on this site anymore. He usually only comes on when there's big news to share. julio@bisimoto is the man to PM. He's on here regularly, and he's very good at responding to inquiries.

Calling is always a good idea, though. They're more than happy to help.

Comment

Originally posted by ravenexi View Post
                              My question is are Evolution flywheels pre-balanced? The reason I ask is I purchased one from a very reputable shop and it very clearly has a heavy side. I can see this by mounting it on a spindle, spinning it and the same part will always face down. It will even roll backwards to get that spot down. I asked them if it was normal and they said DO NOT BALANCE THE FLYWHEEL!!!, but did not explain why its heavy sided. I find it odd to be that way unless it supposed to have a heavy side for some reason. I just put together this engine and I really dont want everything trashed so any input will be greatly appreciated.
                              Hey buddy just came across this topic. All of the flywheels are balanced before they leave to go out to our customers, but if you do believe there may have been a defect with your product please mail us the flywheels back to our facility for inspection with a copy of your sales invoice as well your name and contact number

Comment

Working...
                              X