Who's got some interesting DIY ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    Everyone in the US does. At least as far as cb7s go. We never got the carb'd models.

Sorry another brain fart... was thinking of 3rd gen Accords
    My Collection:
    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Interesting ideas here.

One I considered was rain sensor for turning the wipers on. Cpmike I believe has bought a kit some years ago lol

Mikey also your diy for the turn signal click.

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
        hiptech #4 has already been covered. There is a DIY on the site already. You need to get the switch from a '95-96 Accord v6 (only), and an A11 unit from a '95 or '96 only. It's one or the other for the A11 unit you need the other has an A12 which is harder to work with. Once you have those in hand you can have wiper intermittent delay.
        You're absolutely correct... don't know how I missed that one?
        Thanks for pointing it out!

Another issue I'm having is with the interior sun visors since they sag when put up and finding good quality replacements has been almost impossible. Has anyone looked into figuring out which newer visors might be compatible?

Plus let's face it, the OE design were never that good (or long enough) at side protection. I'm thinking about some kind of slide extension version similar to my sisters '07 Accord.
        Last edited by hiptech; 02-18-2017, 10:54 AM.
        My Collection:

Comment

There's no harm in mentioning DIYs that have already been done. The point is to get some ideas flowing, to inspire each other to do some cool stuff!

Comment

Was more of a heads up for hiptech. I've tried the visors from a '98 Accord Coupe, they don't fit. I don't remember why. I've thought about trying Legend visors, and possibly Vigor visors. I also think I have tried a 5th gen Accord and they don't fit either. But along the same lines I've been trying to find something that fits that can extend.
            MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

AWD swap would be interesting, I see folks doing AWD CR-V swaps into civics but unless I have missed it I have never seen it done to CB chassis before.

8 speaker surround system would be nice too.

I do wish that someone would sell auto to manual seatbelt brackets but I guess nobody does do to liability in case of accidents.
              [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

To properly do it to a CB7, you'd need to cut into the floor to make a driveshaft tunnel. There are ways to do it without, but the car will likely sit higher, and suspension angles will probably be a bit off. I've always said that it would probably be easier and far more effective to buy a Galant VR4 and convert it cosmetically to resemble a CB7.

Comment

One of my ideas was a digital kill switch using an iButton key, with the relay integrated into either the underhood or dash fusebox to give an OEM appearance.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I would like to see a turn signal lamp incorporated into the side mirrors like a lot of new cars have today. But I think that would require a lot of work for something not that serious.
                    ~Nick~
                    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

^ Reminds me. One idea I've had for a while is hiding a tiny forward-facing camera in the passenger side door mirror; like the kind used for driving in Reverse or whatever, it doesn't need to be super hi-def or anything. Changing lanes to go around slow drivers that you can't see around in the passing lane is a problem I want solved: is it worth it to jump into the slow lane and overtake at this particular moment? All it has to do is tell me if the lane is clear for a long enough distance. Because god knows if you leave any sort of gap in the fast lane to back off and see around the car in front of you, someone is going to take it and ruin things for you. A double-DIN stereo that can accept video input from something like that would be ideal.
                      Last edited by CyborgGT; 02-18-2017, 11:17 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I like the auto sensing wipers, and would fix the non-delay option wer have too. Most of my DIY ideas are done as i made a note of them over the years ....

1. Backup camera integrated into trunk key hole to in dash stereo (done)
                        2. Integrated kill switch built into the window open switch in order to start the car (hold down window button w/ clutch and key on to start)
                        3. LED window switches and puddle lights (done)
                        4. LEDs behind outdoor door handles (seen on high end cars)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                          Was more of a heads up for hiptech. I've tried the visors from a '98 Accord Coupe, they don't fit. I don't remember why. I've thought about trying Legend visors, and possibly Vigor visors. I also think I have tried a 5th gen Accord and they don't fit either. But along the same lines I've been trying to find something that fits that can extend.
                          Thanks for that... I'd love to have access to different gen visors and be able to swap and try them to see which works best. I wonder how liberal the recycling yards like LKQ are about returns?

BTW I notice on EB visors listed for CB7s also show up as 90-97 so is it safe to assume the 5th Gens were the same?
                          My Collection:

Comment

When checking for fitment if you are at the local junk yard you can simply find a CB and try them on without a need to pay for them and later have to deal with returns.
                            [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                              ^ Reminds me. One idea I've had for a while is hiding a tiny forward-facing camera in the passenger side door mirror; like the kind used for driving in Reverse or whatever, it doesn't need to be super hi-def or anything. Changing lanes to go around slow drivers that you can't see around in the passing lane is a problem I want solved: is it worth it to jump into the slow lane and overtake at this particular moment? All it has to do is tell me if the lane is clear for a long enough distance. Because god knows if you leave any sort of gap in the fast lane to back off and see around the car in front of you, someone is going to take it and ruin things for you. A double-DIN stereo that can accept video input from something like that would be ideal.
                              That would be immensely useful in a RHD car on LHD roads!

Comment

Originally posted by hiptech View Post
                                Thanks for that... I'd love to have access to different gen visors and be able to swap and try them to see which works best. I wonder how liberal the recycling yards like LKQ are about returns?

BTW I notice on EB visors listed for CB7s also show up as 90-97 so is it safe to assume the 5th Gens were the same?
                                Someone used a late model Odyssey I think; it's in the compatibility thread. They were huge but folded away neatly; the outside tips have a bend in it that follow the curve of the roof, and it had a pull out tray. I don't know if he did any drilling tho

Comment

Working...
                                X