Congratulations to the Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to the Chicago Cubs

Im not exactly a fan, in fact they beat my team "Los Doyers". But its cool to see them finally get this monkey off their backs. So again congratulations to all Cubs fans.

I ate a Chicago dog from Sonic today in honor of them, for what that's worth.

I'm a huge Houston Astros fan, and despite having been to the World Series in 2005, we've never won one. We've definitely had a few good stretches that have included some VERY good players. After 2005, we had one winning season between then and 2015. Attendance was around 7,500 on a weeknight and 14,000 on a Saturday. It was abysmal. We started the rebuild process and got rid of everyone that had any value. I say all that to say that despite how tough that ten year stretch was, it pales in comparison to what the Cubbies drought was. The fans that kept the faith despite having never seen a championship in their lifetime are troopers. To see Anthony Rizzo hardly be able to contain himself in the bottom of the 11th when the Indians had two outs on them made it all the better. Good job Cubbies! Harry Caray would be proud!
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I'm a cardinals fan, so the cubs are always like a little brother. I always want the cards to beat them, but not anyone else.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

That's awesome they finally got to that point. Did you guys see the ticket prices? Super crazy, but worth it to die hards. Nose bleeds were like 3,000 bucks.

Comment

Working...
        X