Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Have $4k budget. 93 lx 4dr auto right now, swap for sure but which one????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
    Why?
    Because if I can complete my goal before the remaining 23ish days left, I begin to start saving $500+ a month from that point on.......

Ordering the parts and actually getting them take awhile as you know. I feel if I can get something ordered by today COB, I have a good chance of getting it done. The 4dr will be in my driveway probably tomorrow night sometime where I will begin f22 Removal Guide...

Comment

If you dump the $2700 you have on hand into these projects, you won't start "saving" for another 5 months....

If you want to start saving right away, leave the CB alone and drive it as is.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

[QUOTE=If you want to start saving right away, leave the CB alone and drive it as is.[/QUOTE]

If it ran reliably maybe. The 4dr isnt running reliably right now thus the new heart....

Comment

is either of them running reliably?

If that's a NO, then you need to STOP with the modding, and get them RUNNING RELIABLY.

Otherwise youll be back at square one in a year or less.

Comment

This keeps getting better.

So of the 3 cars you have, you're going to sell the one that's running reliably, and instead of fixing the one that could be running reliably easily, you're going to try and do an engine + transmission conversion with no tools or experience....

With a time deadline....

And a budget....

To save money................

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
              This keeps getting better.

So of the 3 cars you have, you're going to sell the one that's running reliably, and instead of fixing the one that could be running reliably easily, you're going to try and do an engine + transmission conversion with no tools or experience....

With a time deadline....

And a budget....

To save money................
              Internet gold right here. Glad I stopped by.

Ok, so I need a quick recap because this thread is everywhere and nowhere.

Budget: 4,000 Pesos
              Timeframe: 30 days (at time of OG posting.)
              Goal: Fun, fast daily with AC (Pretty generic goal, but let's run with it anyway), that will last a minimum of 5 years

Your ideas range from engine swaps, to turbos, to manual swaps, to turbo autos. You will end up in a hole without a solid plan. Listen to these older members. They have been through some things...

You spend $700 on a Hondata system...that will need tuning +$$$, and will probably sit for a while and collect dust.
              Now you're at $3300

God dropped a dope CB in your lap for a cool $600.
              Now at $2700

You are beating yourself up wondering which turbo route to go, but you have TWO barely running CBs AND a car note still...

If you can't get the maintenance done on a stock CB or a swapped CB, why complicate things with a turbo? This is where you get experience. The small stuff.

P.S. A H23A can make 220 WHP with just bolt ons and will be infinitely more reliable than a turbo stock block.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                Internet gold right here. Glad I stopped by.

Ok, so I need a quick recap because this thread is everywhere and nowhere.

Budget: 4,000 Pesos
                Timeframe: 30 days (at time of OG posting.)
                Goal: Fun, fast daily with AC (Pretty generic goal, but let's run with it anyway), that will last a minimum of 5 years

Your ideas range from engine swaps, to turbos, to manual swaps, to turbo autos. You will end up in a hole without a solid plan. Listen to these older members. They have been through some things...

You spend $700 on a Hondata system...that will need tuning +$$$, and will probably sit for a while and collect dust.
                Now you're at $3300

God dropped a dope CB in your lap for a cool $600.
                Now at $2700

You are beating yourself up wondering which turbo route to go, but you have TWO barely running CBs AND a car note still...

If you can't get the maintenance done on a stock CB or a swapped CB, why complicate things with a turbo? This is where you get experience. The small stuff.

P.S. A H23A can make 220 WHP with just bolt ons and will be infinitely more reliable than a turbo stock block.

Not quite.

Corrections below

correct on budget stuff
                correct on already purchased HONDATA
                incorrect on my ideas. Here my idea is engine swap for sure 100&#37;, tranny 50% on what todo whether I want to find a LSD auto or not.
                I have decided for sure to keep the auto, an auto for now since I own the stick. Later I can always do this swapetc.
                The engine purchased will be like new practically with very low miles. Even boosted with a great tune wouldnt/shouldnt have any issues lasting 5 + years = 60k miles with routine maintenance as usual......as stated I am a Honda fan/believer

And I'm not even sure where you got off track with this one, "
                If you can't get the maintenance done on a stock CB or a swapped CB, why complicate things with a turbo?" Really?? You dont know me or how I maintain what vehicles I have so how do you make a claim as such? I most certainly can get the maintenance done and WILL. I am fully confident that I will be able to achieve my goals.

I think folks need to try and be a little more positive. I get it, I opened myself to criticism by posting here for advice. However note this, with me, your probably wrong if your making assumptions I dont know what I am talking about. I joined over 7 years ago and have READ alot on this site where my excitement grew. Please dont ruin the fun.... I am 39 and have been working on cars in general since 16. There are not many jobs I havce not completed at 1 time or another...

cheers
                Last edited by smac; 08-21-2018, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Great!

Let's revisit the swap. You said previously that you are looking for 220-ish whp. You don't need a turbo AND a fancy swap to achieve that. Hell, JDM92_accorn surpassed that with a naturally aspirated F series. (Long live the F)

Is that your HP goal for the project? Or do you want more?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by smac View Post
                    Not quite.

Corrections below

correct on budget stuff
                    correct on already purchased HONDATA
                    incorrect on my ideas. Here my idea is engine swap for sure 100%, tranny 50% on what todo whether I want to find a LSD auto or not.
                    I have decided for sure to keep the auto, an auto for now since I own the stick. Later I can always do this swapetc.
                    The engine purchased will be like new practically with very low miles. Even boosted with a great tune wouldnt/shouldnt have any issues lasting 5 + years = 60k miles with routine maintenance as usual......as stated I am a Honda fan/believer
                    Still does not make sense.

As said earlier, unless its an f20b, its going to need machine work(which you don't want to pay for) to have any real longevity. Yes, you can run boost on stock internals, but its really just a matter of when, not if.

I think you should bring the AT cb up to par, maintenance wise. Make it a solid DD. Then find a clean ass shell to swap the 5spd stuff over too. While doing that, you can clean it up/replace/repair and take your time, and do wire tucks etc and do it right since you will have a reliable DD with the auto.

Youll also be free of your car note, which will give you around $500 if I remember correctly per month to address other issues as they come up(and they will).

Comment

And you'd be crazy to buy an engine sitting in a Japanese junkyard for ~20 years without doing any maintenance on it. The engines have low mileage but they're not "like new" at all.

The fact that you are buying parts when you don't even know what you want to build, instead of doing repairs on the car you are going to need to get around once you sell whatever you are paying a note on... it's amazing. You are making some really bad decisions.

Comment

Smac,

We are all positive here and are a close community. You said you built a civic with a turbo on it that lasted for who knows how long. Regular maintenance on a car won’t prevent the weak ringlands from cracking and kissing your compression goodbye. Instead of asking us our opinions on everything and being upset with what we have to say.

Why not just tell us what you are going to do and we will guide you through the process. But putting in more powerful components on a 25 year old chassis without doing the necessary repairs first sounds like a disaster in the making.

So tell us what are you going to do? Pick one project so we can all focus on it. Right now you have 2 and the only person I know that was able to juggle 2 projects was NWaccord, but in reality one cb was his cousins and the other was his.
                        Last edited by Grumpys93; 08-21-2018, 10:16 PM.
                        ~Nick~
                        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                          Hell, JDM92_accorn surpassed that with a naturally aspirated F series. (Long live the F)
                          This is the route I am currently taking.

These guys are not assuming anything about you, or trying to dishearten you. They are simply trying to bring you back down to planet Earth. It is really easy to get carried away dreaming. Budgets are easy to blow, we all just want you to have a good time.

These cars are plenty fun but are getting pretty old and will need some love to get back to par before you really can start modding them. Otherwise you WILL end up with a big headache and possibly end up throwing in the towel on it before you really even get started.
                          Last edited by Size9zombie; 08-21-2018, 05:02 PM.

Under Construction​​​​​​​​

Comment

And I'm not even sure where you got off track with this one, "
                            If you can't get the maintenance done on a stock CB or a swapped CB, why complicate things with a turbo?" Really?? You dont know me or how I maintain what vehicles I have so how do you make a claim as such? I most certainly can get the maintenance done and WILL. I am fully confident that I will be able to achieve my goals.

I think folks need to try and be a little more positive. I get it, I opened myself to criticism by posting here for advice. However note this, with me, your probably wrong if your making assumptions I dont know what I am talking about. I joined over 7 years ago and have READ alot on this site where my excitement grew. Please dont ruin the fun.... I am 39 and have been working on cars in general since 16. There are not many jobs I havce not completed at 1 time or another...

cheers
                            Another Idea I had, was to swap h22 or f20b, but just stay auto right now to save some cash and get some more experience under my belt. However, this is silly thinking, knowing I am gonna have everything completely apart anyways at that point and could figure it out I am sure anyhow...
                            The car drives but needs crank pulley replaced Im told. I will know more tonight when I get her home...
                            If it ran reliably maybe. The 4dr isnt running reliably right now thus the new heart....
                            Please note that no one in this thread has made any assumptions. This is all information that you gave to us.

We are trying to help you, honestly, but you aren't making it easy.

You may think we are being negative, when in actuality, we are being realistic.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by Size9zombie View Post
                              This is the route I am currently taking.

These guys are not assuming anything about you, or trying to dishearten you. They are simply trying to bring you back down to planet Earth. It is really easy to get carried away dreaming. Budgets are easy to blow, we all just want you to have a good time.

These cars are plenty fun but are getting pretty old and will need some love to get back to par before you really can start modding them. Otherwise you WILL end up with a big headache and possibly end up throwing in the towel on it before you really even get started.
                              This is the route I am currently taking as well, but with an F23A1 instead of an F22Ax or F23A block and F22Ax head. You have options, but you really need to setup a solid plan for yourself first. Pick an engine, pick what your goal is, and try to accomplish said goal.
                              Last edited by Rilas; 08-22-2018, 10:16 AM.
                              MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

I am on around a dozen forums. That may or may not seem like a lot to you, as I won't assume anything about you, as you think that we are.

Some of these guys are on twice that amount of forums, so they can vouch when I say that this is probably the nicest and most family like forum youll probably ever come across.

Anything of this age, needs to be brought to a baseline standard before doing serious work too it. The work you are talking about, especially FI and custom tunes, people just don't really do on stock setups because A) its a huge waste of time, effort, and money when something catastrophic happens and you have to start from scratch, and B) you will probably end up with stupid issues that plague the build and make it not as enjoyable that could be avoided if you make sure everything is squared away.

In the end, its your build and people will still help you, but you have to take a step back like as has been mentioned and focus your energy into one area.

You claim you have been reading on here for 7 years, but you seem a little lost with some of your posts.

I do not doubt you have the ability to get it done, I just think you need a bit of guidance and to be open minded AND realistic about what you're trying to achieve.

Comment

Working...
                                X