Stereo Static

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stereo Static

Alright as some of you know I've done a ton of work to my coupe. It has retained one problem since the day it came home with me.

When I turn on the stock SE Bose double din radio and it fully boots up, all the speakers blast static at full volume. The volume knob on the the deck has no effect on the static volume. If you turn off the deck the static immediately stops.

I've checked the connections on the back of the deck, obviously as I've had the dashboard out multiple times.

I've checked the connections on all 4 speakers and they are all fine, I've unplugged and reconnected to make sure.

I've followed the wiring harness from the deck to the amp on the passenger side rear shock tower. There is no damage at all on the harness. All connection on the Bose stock amp are good. Unplugged and reconnected to make sure.

I've also checked all the wiring leading to the stock 6 disc changer mounted in the trunk. All wiring and connections are good.

I have a feeling this is either leading towards a problem with the deck itself or something is wrong with the Bose amp. Possibly something dumb like a loose ground somewhere?

So on wiring the engine and various components I'm fine. When it comes to audio I feel absolutely useless. I'm hoping Sonik or another one of our other members can help me out here.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Static like a radio station not tuned in?

You are correct to this pointing to a stereo issue. If you can unplug the amp it will help narrow the issue down.

Comment

Yes but more like on and old TV when it has static or "snow" on the TV the sound was total static. Or like a radio station not tuned in.

I'll get back to you with that sometime with weekend Raf, as right now it's totally torn apart for the transmission swap.

Comment

i'm curious if the noise happens when playing a CD.

Comment

I'll try and suffer long enough with the static to try a cd, and will also let you know the results sometime this weekend once it has a battery again.

Comment

Working...
          X