Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Water Leak inside Interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Leak inside Interior

Hi, recent newcomer here, and new owner of a pretty battered up CB7. Planning to fix most of the problems regarding this old car.
    Anyways, after rains, water has been developing on the driver side of my car. It rains pretty often here, so I have to shop-vac my car every week to prevent puddles and mold. I've checked the sunroof drains and the seals, but they were already good. Maybe the sunroof drain is disconnected, but I don't really know how to check other than removing some interior panels. If anyone knows a way to remove these interior panels without breaking 30-year-old plastic clips themselves, let me know.

Additionally, dirty, brown water has been leaking out of both my seatbelt automatic channels. When it rains, it doesn't leak immediately, but after 10 minutes or so, it started to leak. This only happens when there's heavy rain, in light rain water does not leak out of the channels. It has stained my carpet and door fabric, luckily it hasn't seemed to impact any of the window switches nor the mirror switch. I took off my driver's side A-pillar and saw that water seem to leak out of the headliner and the upper left area of the A-pillar.

I hosed the roof of my car and the windshield down with water, but I haven't seemed to recreate any leaks in the car. I suspect that water pools up around some area on the windshield and leaks when the car moves, but I wanted to know if anyone else encountered a problem like this before attempting to fix. Any thoughts?

cb's like to rust on the the upper a-pillar corners and also around the holes where the windshield trim clips are pushed in. they are sealed with a thin epdm-like gasket and they won't seal up anymore over the years, especially if the windshield was replaced at some point in time. water will then leak into the frame and from there into the interior. besides the gaskets for the taillights, this is the most common issue for water in the trunk but it can also be an issue for the windshield and probably one of the issues you have.

the clips arent that fragile, even after 30 years. you have to "pull" them out without flexing them though - the trims are only pushed into small metal brackets that will push into the frame of the car. beding or rotating an interior panel will breake these off.

Comment

Welcome to the site. I'm guessing that under your chrome trim which goes around the window it's... cheese. (holes). Either the epoxy seal for the window is gone, or someone did a DIY window replacement or rust. & now you are suffering the consequences. If you really want to know where the water is coming from either remove chrome part (it will break), or rip interior out and take her to a auto car wash date (make sure car is dry prior to test).

Comment

In addition to the above, I have had the seam sealer under the black roof strips crack/rust and allow water to leak in there that shows up where you describe.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
          In addition to the above, I have had the seam sealer under the black roof strips crack/rust and allow water to leak in there that shows up where you describe.
          I was going to say this

My civic had this problem
          Originally posted by wed3k
          im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

If you bought a car, then the best way to avoid this problem is to initially check for leaks and eliminate inconsistencies. In order not to wait for surprise.

Comment

Working...
            X