DIY:Skateboard Grip Tape Pedal Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY:Skateboard Grip Tape Pedal Mod

Hey guys, I've been doing this for a while to all my cars. I figured I would share the DIY with you guys. So here it goes....

Supplies:
    1 sheet of grip tape from your local skate shop. fuck the chain stores.
    1 screw driver
    1 razor blade

First, remove the rubber covers on your clutch and brake pedals. It's not hard to do at all.

Take a piece of the grip tape and place it over the pedal.

Take a screwdriver and rub around the edges like so. You want the grip tape to be on the pedals while you're doing this step. I didn't take pics during the process cause I'm lazy. lol.

After you do this all around the pedal, you can peel the excess off.

The finished product will look like this...

You won't slide off the pedals anymore during intense driving or those pesky heal toe down shifts. Hope it helps some of you out.
    Last edited by mayberry; 05-24-2009, 10:18 PM.
    Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

genius! i wont have to rock the ebay pedals anymore!
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

that is pretty inspirational...might have to do that and rock it with skateboard shoes..yeah!

PROJECT: EIEN (Eternity, Endless) in progress...

"What's the point of a race?- Just means you're faster...that's all. If I have to race, it should be for something important..."

"What Is A Man Who Cannot Prosper and Better What He Owns?"

Comment

That is awesome.....specially since my car doesnt have the rubber piece on my clutch anymore.....ill just buy some skateboard stuff and call it a day.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

man i been thinkin of doin this for a while, u beat me to the DIY!!1 Good job though.

Backyard Customs
          Originally posted by xprojectcb7x
          why would you think people at auto zone would know what they were talking about?
          Building Fund: $0
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...="0" alt="" /> CLICK IT!!

Comment

Originally posted by byc_cb7 View Post
            man i been thinkin of doin this for a while, u beat me to the DIY!!1 Good job though.
            Thanks man. Just looking to help people out.

Comment

+1 because i dont have floor mats or the covers over my brake or clutch so i slip off if them both from time to time
              Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
              Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
              JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

cool, i wonder if they make red sandpaper

Comment

Originally posted by h22anow View Post
                  cool, i wonder if they make red sandpaper
                  why?? you want to match your wrinkle red valve cover to your wrinkle red pedals?? does that just seem lame to me?

to the op. Good job on the DIY. Will be doing this to the sedan.

Comment

nice work, skateboard grip tape always ends up looking pretty nasty after a couple months lol, but it's so cheap who cares.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                      nice work, skateboard grip tape always ends up looking pretty nasty after a couple months lol, but it's so cheap who cares.
                      I agree, but one sheet will last you about 3 years. The clutch pedal fades the fastest, so after about 8-10 months that needs to be redone. The brake pedal lasts almost 2 years so who cars. One sheet of grip tape costs about 10-15 dollars so you have enough to last you longer than most people keep their cars.

Comment

i need to do this on mine! +1

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

I did this a few weeks ago. But i got some left over tape they had and just put small squares on them. Still made a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                            I did this a few weeks ago. But i got some left over tape they had and just put small squares on them. Still made a huge difference.

Post up some pictures so people can see. I want this to be like the new craze like legend lips were.lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sobeman81 View Post
                              why?? you want to match your wrinkle red valve cover to your wrinkle red pedals?? does that just seem lame to me?

to the op. Good job on the DIY. Will be doing this to the sedan.
                              what if i want lime green pedals?
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X