Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How do I get my headlights to look like these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct me if I'm understanding this wrong, so any headlight that appears to have a "blue" look to it needs projectors? . Or at least on cb's

Comment

Originally posted by JFrost7 View Post
      Correct me if I'm understanding this wrong, so any headlight that appears to have a "blue" look to it needs projectors? . Or at least on cb's
      No you can buy lights that directly replace your factory bulbs that have a bluish tint to them they are specifically talking about HID (High Intensity Discharge) bulbs. They need to be in projector housings because of the way the bulb puts off the light and the way the housings reflect the light.

Comment

For the most part, yes. Some cars have HID Reflectors like some Escalades and Prius'. And some bulbs have a blue hue, but aren't ever as blue as HIDs. But any car using HIDs in halogen based reflectors is doing it wrong. They're easy to spot because they will be very bright (too bright for low-beams) and usually blue...even purple.

Since CBs never had an HID option, you'll need projectors to use HID bulbs properly. Search "HID projector" and you'll find many thread like this discussing the proper use of HIDs.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I thinks its the same for both halogen and HID's, that the more blue and other colors the light is the worse the light output is.
          Cappuccino Member #9<--- click for thread

^click for MRT^
          CB9 MRT-R.I.P.
          Coupe MRT

Comment

Originally posted by lilb_1979 View Post
            I thinks its the same for both halogen and HID's, that the more blue and other colors the light is the worse the light output is.
            That is very true. The bluer the light, the less overall output and visibility you get. 4.3k is optimal (white, some say yellowish). Look up Philips 85122+ or Osram 66240 SVS. Those are the best and brightest bulbs with the MOST lumen output on the market. Both are D2S type bulbs.

I use the Philips 85122+. They kick ass.
            Last edited by islandhopper; 10-30-2012, 12:14 AM. Reason: typo

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Not to mess up OP's thread or anything, but could somebody lend me in the right direction as to what to replace my factory lights with to get a slight "blue" tint? I do not want to get projectors with HID's, and I find the factory bulbs are just not bright enough for me.

Comment

Working...
              X