Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cutting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cutting out

i have a kenwood radio, 6.5 kennwwod speakers, stock 6x9, 2 12 in mtx subs and a pionner 300 watt amp
    well whne i ever i trun it up past 29 my vocals start to crack..my bass keeps hitting but i hate when it starts cracking ....what can i do to fix this

i would say that either your speakers are pullin too much power from the deck and you need to amp them or you have a bare speaker wire somewhere that is grounndin out.

Comment

it sounds like all 4 speakers are running off your radio and the subs are running off the amplifier correct? settings set wrong on the radio for highs...what radio are you working with?

another method, bass blockers in line with positive speaker wiring, this works if your equipment is not sufficient for the output. basically removes bass tones from the speakers you apply them to, commonly used on the fronts if you still have 5.25" speakers and have no way to remove tones from faceplate. You can install them after radio or before speaker, up to you. Frequency of blockers is dependant on ohms of your speakers and also size.

You can pick these up at any audio store and they can tell you the level you would want for your setup. Probably run ya $10-$20.
      Link to Crutchfield Bass Blockers
      Last edited by drummersteve7; 09-02-2010, 04:20 AM.
      MadLab Racing
      Southern Maryland

Comment

bass filters are great for you. also, i would recommend a more
        powerful amp. atleast 500 watts for your sub. and replace your
        door speakers with better quality for voices only. no bass should
        come out of your door speakers if you have a sub. if you get new
        voices, i would wire them to an amp also.

:Back In Business...

Comment

check your connections and follow what the others have said. that is definitely where i would begin.

Comment

Working...
          X