Pokemon Black/White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pokemon Black/White

How many of you got it??? Be honest... No one is too old for pokemon! At least not anymore.

I've been recently watching some competitive Pokemon Wi-Fi battles... yea I said it, they do exist.

Anyway, my brother recently picked up Pokemon White and wants to get serious. Only problem is, most of the "pros" use that Action Replay thing to level up all the Pokemon and boost stats and stuff.

So my problem is that my brother's Action Replay needs to be updated to include codes for the new Pokemon games, but I'm having trouble doing that. After extensive googling, I've found that the update file has to be downloaded, and appears as a BIN file. I then have to "unzip" this with winRAR and then put it into the software that comes with the Action Replay.

Does anyone here have any idea what I'm talking about? lol

Also, feel free to discuss the game itself here: which Pokemon you chose first and what you're up to now, maybe include friend codes to battle other CB7 tuners.

Not sure how big the Pokemon community is on here but I would really appreciate some help.

My brother got it hahaha. I remember using my friends action replay for diamond but I forgot how to update it.

Comment

those pokemon games are still the only RPG games I can stand

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

I'm still playing Ruby.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990accordex-r View Post
          My brother got it hahaha. I remember using my friends action replay for diamond but I forgot how to update it.
          you and me both lol

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
          those pokemon games are still the only RPG games I can stand
          I agree with you 100%

Originally posted by Leung View Post
          I'm still playing Ruby.
          I loved that game... Groudon is my favorite. I've played all the Pokemon games since I was a wee lad. Yellow was my first for that Gameboy. My brother then got Crystal. Then Ruby/Sapphire came out and we got that. And all the rest... lol Ruby was a good version though.

Are you going to finish it and get the newer ones?

Comment

Actually i should say i just started Ruby. I've had it for years but never really sat down to play it until last weekend. I don't think i'll be getting white or black right away. I'm still using the original DS to play games.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
              Actually i should say i just started Ruby. I've had it for years but never really sat down to play it until last weekend. I don't think i'll be getting white or black right away. I'm still using the original DS to play games.
              I remember those... my brother is a bit of a Nintendo fanboy and has had basically every system since... forever. The DSi is only temporary until his 3DS comes out.

Comment

I haven't been into Pokemon since Red/Blue...
                Fantastic game design, though. As a former aspiring game designer, Pokemon was a HUGE inspiration to me. Very simple design, but extremely effective.

Comment

I stopped played after gold/silver. There was nothing new about after that other than more creatures to catch.
                  [IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u105/akona21/cb2-2.jpg[/IMG

Comment

I'll be 100% honest. Pokemon used to be the shit. Amazing concept that really caught on like wild fire. I stopped after red and blue however. Most of the creatures used to be based off real life bugs/animals but now they are just lame ass made up characters with no depth at all. Pokemon still has a special place in my heart.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

yea i have it and yes i do use action replay to ev train. yes i am a "pro" lol. i dont give illegal moves and i don super boost all stats. when using the action replay, i give my pokemon the nature of my choice and all stats maxed when caught. ev training just means fighting a certain type over and over again to gain a certain power point...lets say attack. but you can only increase two things...in this example ill say attack and speed BUT you lose points that would normally go to defense, special defense, and HP. so your mother fucker is quick and hits hard but will more than likely die with one hit if it doesnt KO the opponent. its gets pretty technical lol

no
                      Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                      $30 HID kits here Thread
                      "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                      "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        I haven't been into Pokemon since Red/Blue...
                        Fantastic game design, though. As a former aspiring game designer, Pokemon was a HUGE inspiration to me. Very simple design, but extremely effective.
                        I loved the simpleness of it growing up as well. Easy to grasp, easy for newcomers.

Originally posted by AG17CB7 View Post
                        I stopped played after gold/silver. There was nothing new about after that other than more creatures to catch.
                        I agree. The decline of the show has also steered me away from the series itself. I used to have all the original Pokemon episodes on VHS. Now the ones on Cartoon Network are the same story repeated each and every week.

Originally posted by LinX View Post
                        I'll be 100% honest. Pokemon used to be the shit. Amazing concept that really caught on like wild fire. I stopped after red and blue however. Most of the creatures used to be based off real life bugs/animals but now they are just lame ass made up characters with no depth at all. Pokemon still has a special place in my heart.
                        I agree. My brother just caught an ice cream Pokemon. A fucking ice cream cone! I still think most, if not all the legendary Pokemon are bad ass though.

Originally posted by Law Grandeur View Post
                        yea i have it and yes i do use action replay to ev train. yes i am a "pro" lol. i dont give illegal moves and i don super boost all stats. when using the action replay, i give my pokemon the nature of my choice and all stats maxed when caught. ev training just means fighting a certain type over and over again to gain a certain power point...lets say attack. but you can only increase two things...in this example ill say attack and speed BUT you lose points that would normally go to defense, special defense, and HP. so your mother fucker is quick and hits hard but will more than likely die with one hit if it doesnt KO the opponent. its gets pretty technical lol
                        That's what I'm beginning to understand. A lot of that guy's videos use a bunch of terms I would never even relate to Pokemon, that's sure not how I battled when I was a young whippersnapper.

Care to elaborate on how you use the Action Replay though, like how you updated it, if you did. Do you think it would be better just to buy a new Action Replay that already has the new Pokemon game's codes on it?

Comment

well i dont really ue an action replay. i use an r4 and supercard. but id wait a few months and buy a new action replay if i were you. always check for updates and new codes to input online too. i played the translated version of black before it came out. its an alright game..pokemon are on the extremes though (really shitty or really good lol). techniques, abilities, and natues come into play too! if you guys wanna battle an ev trained tea lemme know. i think i still have my soul silver somewhere lol

no
                          Accord turbo kit under $2k here
                          $30 HID kits here Thread
                          "What a selfish bitch. She looks like one too. A smart-mouthed, facebook-ing, "i dont know if im straight, bi or *** yet" little brat." -greencb7inkc
                          "No Herra Frush, Slammed, tucked or frame dragging here. I'll leave that to the mini trucks...." -fishdonotbounce

Comment

I just gave up on the DS version and downloaded an emulator for Pokemon Black. It's running pretty smoothly except for it's quite slow during battle sequences. I think it's because I have a lot of windows open for the internet. Anyway, that's the end of my problem.

Feel free to discuss any other Pokemon topics if any!

Comment

Working...
                            X