job searching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

job searching

Who here is either unemployed or has an aweful job?

Just wondering because I've been unemployed for two months. I started job searching for specific jobs in the IT field. Then anything IT. Now I'm rewriting my resume for sales positions - I'll be applying to places like walmart, home depot, lowes, a cinema down the street, etc. I don't think these jobs will be too bad though. I'm really dreading having to apply to a fast food chain :/

But, it'll be better than being unemployed.

My light at the end of the tunnel is I'm planning on going back to school for a year to study Police Foundations. My Wife is currently studying Art Conservation so that puts us in even more of a financial bind.
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

i went from construction to nothing ive applied for everything but jacking off a monkey and have had no luck

Comment

i was unemployed up until recently, i feel you though man its soo tough right now to find a job. What is your schedule like? Can you work two jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by 92turboaccord View Post
        i went from construction to nothing ive applied for everything but jacking off a monkey and have had no luck
        That sucks, man. I'm really sorry to hear that.

Another of my problems is that we're really not supposed to go on welfare. We could go on unemployment but we've moved back from Japan so that means we've not been working here.

We COULD go on welfare but my wife (and I?) would get in trouble from immigration. I'm not certain what would happen... probably not much... but that's why we've not gone that route yet. It's just such a frusterating/overwhelming/hopeless feeling.
        My Car

Comment

Originally posted by life_shift View Post
          i was unemployed up until recently, i feel you though man its soo tough right now to find a job. What is your schedule like? Can you work two jobs?
          I could but the problem is getting one for now

I have a few options though so hope is not lost.
          My Car

Comment

I spent two years in school studying xrays and upon graduation 3 major hospitals closed here in NYC so most of the tech jobs were swallowed up by people who were let go.

What makes it worse is that all the schools around here are pumping out dozens of new techs so the demand is bottomed out.

I've applied to a lot of different shit. Right now my money is on the federal job I just applied to....maintenance mechanic...basically a handy man for the coast guard base here in NY.

Starting pay is 25/hr with sick benefits...I really hope I get it I need it bad.

Comment

It's kind of interesting you mentioned police foundations. I'd really like to do that sort of thing, but not exactly a constable. I'm actually finishing up my degree in Information technology Management. And The job market I keep hearing from people is good, then somebody else will tell me it's really bad.

I wouldn't mind doing something with the OPP or the RCMP. I sure as F*** don't want anything to do with the Toronto district police.

Good luck to you brother.

Comment

I'm also unemployed, have been for a wile. Job market is very tough right now. I had to get food stamps this month. I think once next year comes around, the job market will pick up, at least I hope for our sake.

Comment

I am a full time student, and currently unemployed. Graduating soon though, so the job search has begun!
                  Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                  Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                  Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                  Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Ralphie... There are a number of new hospitals opening down by me, and a couple that have expanded. Most people I know in radiology are doing quite well.

Matt, Lowes and Home Depot are VERY good options if you can get management. Long hours, but good jobs, with nice pay and benefits. I applied to Home Deopt when I was out of work for a month. I have very little management experience, and a degree in Psychology (AS in Business Management, but that's pretty worthless...) I told them I wanted $60,000 a year... and they called me back for a second interview. I never returned the call, because I was back to work doing what I'm doing now... and I REALLY didn't want to work in retail management! But, if I could get $60k with little experience to draw upon, you should be able to do the same if they're looking to hire!
                    Use me as a reference if you want.

Comment

I was unemployed from December 2008-June 2009.

Applied to tons of jobs, got nothing. Living in Ontario at the time, there was little work, and nobody would hire me at age 23 with the job training I had because either I was too expensive to insure as a driver (under 25), or lacked experience.

I finally told Ontario to go fuck itself, and I packed up all my stuff after my income tax check came in and that was my ticket out west. Threw all my stuff in my truck and drove for 3 days and ended up staying with a friend from another forum I'm on who offered me a place to stay and also offered me a job to help him out for the summer.

From there, I ended up moving into a house here, and I've had a full time job now for over a year and a half which has been decent, but I'm already starting to get sick of it and look for other opportunities.

Comment

Man, as i told u Matt, i really hope i can get a job when i move to Ontario...you'll find something soon bro
                        1993 Accord LX - Sold
                        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Ralphie... There are a number of new hospitals opening down by me, and a couple that have expanded. Most people I know in radiology are doing quite well.

Matt, Lowes and Home Depot are VERY good options if you can get management. Long hours, but good jobs, with nice pay and benefits. I applied to Home Deopt when I was out of work for a month. I have very little management experience, and a degree in Psychology (AS in Business Management, but that's pretty worthless...) I told them I wanted $60,000 a year... and they called me back for a second interview. I never returned the call, because I was back to work doing what I'm doing now... and I REALLY didn't want to work in retail management! But, if I could get $60k with little experience to draw upon, you should be able to do the same if they're looking to hire!
                          Use me as a reference if you want.
                          That's really good to know. I'm applying to a movie theater nearby (20 min walk) that has an assistant management position open. Problem is it's part time. I think that'd be pretty cool though. It's close enough to walk to. I'd be an assistant so I'd learn the ropes. And it's in a pretty cool environment. Down side is it'll probably be evening and weekend work.
                          My Car

Comment

I've been unemployed since October 15th. I've been looking for a 3rd shift job at a warehouse or something that isn't in retail. I just can't do it anymore...

Currently i'm drawing on unemployment benefits and it's just enough to cover my car payment and all of my other bills except for food and gas.

Comment

I work for the City of Tucson. its a good job and it pays well. I have had this job since November of 2006.

Comment

Working...
                              X