Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

battery light is on

Battery light is on.
    Disconnected my battery and the engine turn off.
    Took my alternator off and took in to be tested twice at two different places and pass.
    Im thinking parasitic draw, anyone?
    Thanks

Is that all the troubleshooting you've done? Have you checked the condition of your battery cables and connections, particularly the main negative connection to the transmission housing? Does the battery hold a charge? What is the voltage across the battery with the engine running? Voltage from the positive terminal on the alternator to ground?
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

swap out my alternator, lights are brighter and my sounds system is bumping better. After 26 years it did a good job.

Comment

Originally posted by laloquera View Post
        swap out my alternator, lights are brighter and my sounds system is bumping better. After 26 years it did a good job.
        Did u get oem or local parts store. I got a 80 amp local part stores one a few years ago and waiting for it to go so i can put oem 90 amp one in.

Comment

You should have just changed the brush for like $5 witout even taking the alternator off. Lol
          4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Comment

Went with an OEM Denso.
            Binladin, U mean those copper contact plates, I will do them next time, didn't wanna wait.

Comment

Working...
            X