Trying to figure out more about certain projectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to figure out more about certain projectors

Now since I'm here i'm trying to think about which kind of projectors should I choose now. I have two choices the retrofit s2k or the retrofit tsx. Ive already done the tsx im thinking about the s2k more.

s2k's are still some of the best low-beams you can get. Make sure the bowl is mint and it'll provide you with great output. People do color mods to them and get a really nice cutoff hue.

What vehicle is this going in? Are you willing to buy other projectors?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Its the s2k which has me worried a bit for one I want to do the colormod on them and I know I gotta cut off the ends that don't have the projector in them. But im wondering will the beam stretch as far out as much as the tsx.

Comment

here ya go
        http://www.jvxdriver.com/jvx_links.htm

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

thankyou

Comment

A nice cheap alternative which is almost as good as the s2k is the very similar rx330 with e30/black series clear lenses. I've used these before after TSx's and they blow Tsx's out of the water and are almost on par with s2k. Biggest difference is I bought my last set on eBay for 60 shipped. S2k's are difficult to find for under 250. You also have to do a lot of trimming on the s2k's.

My 6th gen accord thread
            99 Miata

Comment

its not the trimming of the s2k but the the whole cutting of the projector damn-near. Now im like hmmm seems crazy but im getting all my parts from the retrofit-source so what is it that I need again? because I figured I go with this setup tsx with tsx-r clear lenses and do the colormod and be done with it.

Comment

For what you're going to pay for the TSX's there's much better out there. Rx330's, fx-r bixenons, mini h1/d2s, sc430's just to name a few. I went with the tsx originally and ripped them apart to redo it because they were pretty poor output wise.

My 6th gen accord thread
                99 Miata

Comment

Ive seen the morimotos which were nice but that solenoid once it jams up from what im hearing will distort the cut-off no good for me.

Comment

From what I understand the solenoid issue has been resolved when they switched to another manufacturer for the sole pods. I've had the d2s's in my Miata for over a year now no problems.

My 6th gen accord thread
                    99 Miata

Comment

So which ones would be the best for me with the decent amount of cutoff. You also gotta remember my headlights and all that big which leaves me at a slight disadvantage compared to most retrofits

Comment

Mimi's will be easiest, rx, s2k will both fit as well as tsx.

My 6th gen accord thread
                        99 Miata

Comment

I vote for the Mini D2S for ease of install

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by av6g6 View Post
                            From what I understand the solenoid issue has been resolved when they switched to another manufacturer for the sole pods. I've had the d2s's in my Miata for over a year now no problems.
                            Any pics?

Comment

Working...
                            X